Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussie Xmas Day.. what you gonna do?

Wikiposts

Aussie Xmas Day.. what you gonna do?

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aussie Xmas Day.. what you gonna do?

Originally Posted by want2bthere
probably in a campervan somewhere with hubby and 2 kids as arriving in aus beg dec and travelling for a bit, GOD WHERE AM I GONNA PUT THE TREE
In the front of the van or decorate the tree next to your van, sounds great just make sure you book your site a week in advance
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:19 am
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by somme
In the front of the van or decorate the tree next to your van, sounds great just make sure you book your site a week in advance

spot the expats
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea gonna be a very strange one this year! we land on 27th November so probably gonna spend it on the beach alone but very happy to have made it to oz
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 12:20 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

You know, the thought of xmas hadn't even crossed my mind yet!!

Absolutely no idea what we will be doing - prolly just a quiet day. Might go to the beach and slap a fews snags on the BBQ for lunch!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 1:46 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
You know, the thought of xmas hadn't even crossed my mind yet!!
I've been trying to blank it out

Actually though we were just commenting yesterday how nice it is that the deco in most shopping centres is a lot more understated than in the UK, so it doesn't feel like it's rammed down your throat for 3 (or so ) months of the year.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

No prezzies for us this year we've decided to spend our money holidaying at Airlie Beach instead
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Get up, open pressies, have a spa, have a breakfast barbie, go the beach for a few hours, home for a dinner barbie and then off to work nights.
Tracie
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud ofAmanda&Phil has much to be proud of

Bummer Im soooo jealous. Me and Phil shall be having our last xmas day in the suny uk, shall be in our new rented flat with my pretendy xmas tree the size of a mouse as there is no room lol. The good thing is we shall be down the quayside and there are many bars near by !!! mmmmmmmmm I wonder what we will be doing lol

Amanda x
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 10:51 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

I will be here in the UK sucking up big time to koh as he is not impressed to be here this xmas!
Should have been on the beach!

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
We intend doing our annual ritual in the baking heat...

Open pressies..
then head down gold coast to mates for xmas dinner..

then head to mates at Munruben for xmas party...

back home, wipe dribble off my chin .. crash out and watch WIZARD OF OZ lol
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Up at 3am,
remind kids its middle of the night,
back to bed,
up at 5am,
open presents,
quick breakfast (bucks fizz, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, croissants),
play with new presents,
swim in pool,
friends come over to join us for lunch,
cold lunch (Prawns, bugs, cold cuts, pickles, salads, rolls),
swim in pool,
friends go home,
whack the air-con on,
cook tradtional xmas dinner,
eat dinner indoors,
play board games,
ring family in UK,
watch Griswalds family xmas movie,
kids to bed,
grown ups collapse and have a
Phew!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:12 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Up at 3am,
remind kids its middle of the night,
back to bed,
up at 5am,
open presents,
quick breakfast (bucks fizz, smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, croissants),
play with new presents,
swim in pool,
friends come over to join us for lunch,
cold lunch (Prawns, bugs, cold cuts, pickles, salads, rolls),
swim in pool,
friends go home,
whack the air-con on,
cook tradtional xmas dinner,
eat dinner indoors,
play board games,
ring family in UK,
watch Griswalds family xmas movie,
kids to bed,
grown ups collapse and have a
Phew!
yumm what are bugs like, do ya just boil em like lobster?
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
yumm what are bugs like, do ya just boil em like lobster?
I have no idea! Already cooked from the local seafood shop.

This is xmas day we're talking about - I cook all year LONGgggggggg for gawds sake!
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:16 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

I dont mind what we do on Christmas Day as I will just be happy that my sister will be here celebrating it with us!!!!!!! C x
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas eve - candlelit carol service in village green.

Christmas day - Open up presents - or as I've been buying stuff all year feel guilty and won't ask for anything exy. Last year bought something for chief to wrap, forgot I had and then got all excited ...<g>

2 Xmas - we've gone to Friends.

1 Xmas - one family have come to us.

1 xmas - first with baby - we had it to ourselves.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:18 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
I have no idea! Already cooked from the local seafood shop.

This is xmas day we're talking about - I cook all year LONGgggggggg for gawds sake!
you lazy BUGGA !!!! you want a DAY OFF ALSO???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.