Reload this Page >

Aussie world cup bid...

Aussie world cup bid...

Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie world cup bid...

Originally Posted by THR
I was hoping for England to get the competition but after the reactions from the sore losers of England I'm beginning to bend towards thinking that perhaps those whinging arrogant people who think they are somehow above everyone else should not be given anything at all.
"Whinging" as you put it, is perhaps a little justified if you think you've been cheated.
To get as few votes as England did, for what was easily the most technically and economically prepared bid, was a little odd to say the least.
If that corrupt bastard Blatter wanted the Cup to go to Russia all along, then he should have said so from the outset and not wasted peoples time. That approach would, of course, deprived the FIFA committee of their opportunity for backhanders.

Awarding the Cup to Qatar just confirmed what people think about FIFA...

If the FA have anything about them, they should be looking for other like minded nations, and there will be plenty, and looking to form a new governing body.

FIFA need to be ****ed off.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:05 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Aussie world cup bid...

Anyone for sour grapes? There's plenty to go around!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Anyone for sour grapes? There's plenty to go around!
Easy retort that offers nothing.

Do you seriously believe that Qatar should be handed the right to host a World Cup? A nation that is nothing more than a city state, has no footballing heritage, no league at any recognised level, and will be hosting the games in 50c heat. You may as well host the Cup in Alice Springs.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

From FIFA's own website... their 'mission statement'

Integrity. We believe that, just as the game itself, FIFA must be a model of fair play, tolerance, sportsmanship and transparency

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/mission.html
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
"Whinging" as you put it, is perhaps a little justified if you think you've been cheated.
To get as few votes as England did, for what was easily the most technically and economically prepared bid, was a little odd to say the least.
If that corrupt bastard Blatter wanted the Cup to go to Russia all along, then he should have said so from the outset and not wasted peoples time. That approach would, of course, deprived the FIFA committee of their opportunity for backhanders.

Awarding the Cup to Qatar just confirmed what people think about FIFA...

If the FA have anything about them, they should be looking for other like minded nations, and there will be plenty, and looking to form a new governing body.

FIFA need to be ****ed off.
I can see Russia hosting a great World Cup, thats the problem I have with the reaction from people in England. Plus it's never been in hosted in Russia before and been to England before. Qatar is a bit odd, although the time zone from Aus is awful for the people with the financial clout to influence advertising revenue. Plus the fact that it's never been hosted by a middle eastern country, gives the decision a semblance of reason. Combine that with the fact that Qatar is going to donate stadia to parts of Africa after the tournament and the decision becomes slightly easier to understand... it would have to be an awful World Cup you would think. Maybe supporters will stay in places like Crete. Greece, Turkey and Cyprus and fly in the day before leave the day after.

I personally think they should bite the bullet in the UK and host it as Great Britain, if they can get around the politics associated with that. That would be a difficult bid to knock back. If Belgium/ Holland and South Korea/Japan can get their acts together for joint bids, then surely the Home Nations can. Maybe Aus should co host with NZ

I am very disappointed that it wont be held in Aus or England for my own personal travelling reasons. However I am seriously contemplating going to Russia to watch a couple of games. Always wanted to go there anyway.

I personally dont have a great problem with Russia hosting it.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I personally dont have a great problem with Russia hosting it.
...and neither do I. I have real problems with the process behind that decision though.

I doubt anybody doesn't think that the FIFA delegates are bent. When one of the criterion requested of the bidding nations is that they waive currency transfer regulations for delegates you have to start wondering what that's all about. Just how big are those sacks of cash they expect to be carrying?

Anson at the FA is saying that five delegates are STILL telling him that they voted for England in the first round. That means one of two things.... either they are bare faced liars, or that they really did vote for England and that the voting system was rigged anyway.

Neither option is very palatable.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

...and neither do I. I have real problems with the process behind that decision though.

I doubt anybody doesn't think that the FIFA delegates are bent. When one of the criterion requested of the bidding nations is that they waive currency transfer regulations for delegates you have to start wondering what that's all about. Just how big are those sacks of cash they expect to be carrying?

Anson at the FA is saying that five delegates are STILL telling him that they voted for England in the first round. That means one of two things.... either they are bare faced liars, or that they really did vote for England and that the voting system was rigged anyway.

Hopefully it's the delegates lying, Looks like the system should have a shakeup although I think England is doing itself no favours at all by having its proverbial head the highest above the parapet.

Are you considering going to Russia ? I would imagine it will be a well attended WC, especially from the European countries. .

Cant help wondering if the Place really is full of 6 feet blonds with tight fitting leopard skin dresses with lips in permanent pout mode, I wonder how many votes she personally secured ? Could that be where the lies are coming from ?

I heard that Putin was going to spill all on any delegate that didnt vote for him, I said him, because he made sure it was personal... another reason for lies ?

All in All the Russians when they really go for it, will use any means at their disposal... Mostly dodgy as England has sadly found to It's Chagrin... I'd say any dodginess in the 2018 bid is probably more to do with Russia than Fifa. There again why shouldnt they host it, thats the bottom line eh ? At least it really is a Footballing Nation.

Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

And the english have never been guilty of vote rigging i sure it happened in my time and thier was more than football at stake
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:12 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THR
The Russian bid was critisized for the vast distances between the Russian cities but if Australia had been awarded the tournament, matches would have been played in Perth as well as in Sydney and Darwin.

Choosing Qatar, however, was preposterous. The temperature there in June/July is closer to 50 tahn to 40C
I agree,this decision is totally ****ed.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
And the english have never been guilty of vote rigging i sure it happened in my time and thier was more than football at stake
I have no idea what you are using as an example... but as you are more anti-English than Blatter it comes as no surprise to see you suggest it.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hopefully it's the delegates lying, Looks like the system should have a shakeup although I think England is doing itself no favours at all by having its proverbial head the highest above the parapet.

Are you considering going to Russia ? I would imagine it will be a well attended WC, especially from the European countries. .

Cant help wondering if the Place really is full of 6 feet blonds with tight fitting leopard skin dresses with lips in permanent pout mode, I wonder how many votes she personally secured ? Could that be where the lies are coming from ?

I heard that Putin was going to spill all on any delegate that didnt vote for him, I said him, because he made sure it was personal... another reason for lies ?

All in All the Russians when they really go for it, will use any means at their disposal... Mostly dodgy as England has sadly found to It's Chagrin... I'd say any dodginess in the 2018 bid is probably more to do with Russia than Fifa. There again why shouldnt they host it, thats the bottom line eh ? At least it really is a Footballing Nation.

Travelling to Russia would depend on if we qualify !!

The points about Russia holding the comp are perfectly valid. I can easily see why Russia would win the right to it and that they might make a decent go of it.... but I wouldn't fancy being black and having to travel to Russia and some of the proposed venues do seem to epitomize the term "back of beyond'
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:30 pm
FREE TIBET

I have no idea what you are using as an example... but as you are more anti-English than Blatter it comes as no surprise to see you suggest it.
Ha ha ya fool,stating that im anti-english is like stating im pro israili,I LOVE THE ENGLISH,but in the late 60's they did indeed shaft us catholics in the north of Ireland

Like our hope for a legitimate vote for fair play,you have been shafted too,suck it up and move on.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Travelling to Russia would depend on if we qualify !!

The points about Russia holding the comp are perfectly valid. I can easily see why Russia would win the right to it and that they might make a decent go of it.... but I wouldn't fancy being black and having to travel to Russia and some of the proposed venues do seem to epitomize the term "back of beyond'

Yehp if England do qualify... I bet their host region is somewhere like this

Primorsky.... You'll be able to catch the return day flight from Tokyo.

Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Ha ha ya fool,stating that im anti-english is like stating im pro israili,I LOVE THE ENGLISH,but in the late 60's they did indeed shaft us catholics in the north of Ireland

Like our hope for a legitimate vote for fair play,you have been shafted too,suck it up and move on.
Yes mate.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:40 pm
FREE TIBET

Yes mate.
Good man,so we still up for that beer next summer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.