British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Aussie visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/aussie-visas-788471/)

raven Feb 24th 2013 2:44 am

Aussie visas

I have lived in Aus now for nearly seven years and i am so glad i brought my family here when i did.. I saw the mess the uk was heading in to with europe and decided to get out while i could... Iam however dismayed by the fact Australia will now probably go the same way.. While well educated professional people from the all over the world I am not racist.. pay the aussie govt good money to apply for visas then make them sit for 2 3 4 5 years without any correspondance whatsoever. {ie 175 visas]. It seems the best way to get your visa is to fly to Indonesia get on a fishing boat throw your passport overboard and set sail for xmas island is the fastest and most reliable way to ensure your Australian citizenship.Tank god we have no tunnels or rail links to the rest of the world.. I am all for humanitarian gestures but lets do it the right way lets go to the camps run by unicef and bring back familys. All i see on the news is boat loads of young men.. please please Australia stop making people sit for years on visa applications give peolple a guaranteed time frame for visa application and put people out of thier misery

sjuice Feb 24th 2013 5:45 am

Re: Aussie visas

yes, at times it gets quite frustrating for genuine visa applicants
just see what happened to cat 5 people
at one side the Govt makes it so hard for people to gain Australian Residency and at the other side it welcomes unskilled people who come by boat

Pollyana Feb 24th 2013 12:40 pm

Shunts thread into barbie, removes Mods hat and sits with feet on desk chilling out

:popcorn: anyone?

Bernieboy Feb 24th 2013 1:04 pm

Raven do you know which port the boats leave from,will they also transport my UK telly ???

Pollyana Feb 24th 2013 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 10565409)
Raven do you know which port the boats leave from,will they also transport my UK telly ???

You know it won't work here unless you plug it in upside down, don't you? :D

cresta57 Feb 24th 2013 8:16 pm

Gotta love a good old 'we left the U.K because of all the immigrants' tale. A classic if you can't beat 'em join 'em:blah::blah:

commonwealth Feb 25th 2013 7:13 am

just make sure you put a lifevest on.

IvanM Feb 25th 2013 7:56 am

I am not racist but.

RedDragon2008 Feb 25th 2013 8:09 am

Originally Posted by raven (Post 10564886)
I have lived in Aus now for nearly seven years and i am so glad i brought my family here when i did.. I saw the mess the uk was heading in to with europe and decided to get out while i could... Iam however dismayed by the fact Australia will now probably go the same way.. While well educated professional people from the all over the world I am not racist.. pay the aussie govt good money to apply for visas then make them sit for 2 3 4 5 years without any correspondance whatsoever. {ie 175 visas]. It seems the best way to get your visa is to fly to Indonesia get on a fishing boat throw your passport overboard and set sail for xmas island is the fastest and most reliable way to ensure your Australian citizenship.Tank god we have no tunnels or rail links to the rest of the world.. I am all for humanitarian gestures but lets do it the right way lets go to the camps run by unicef and bring back familys. All i see on the news is boat loads of young men.. please please Australia stop making people sit for years on visa applications give peolple a guaranteed time frame for visa application and put people out of thier misery

What I will agree with is the vetting process

God knows what they were doing 7 years ago:p

RedDragon2008 Feb 25th 2013 8:11 am

From the phrase travel in another mans shoes

spouse of scouse Feb 25th 2013 9:39 am

Originally Posted by raven (Post 10564886)

If you have an issue with visa processing times, may I suggest that you do something constructive such as lobby your local MP.

Your idea for the 'fastest and most reliable way to ensure your Australian citizenship' is fantastic. Bound to work. Can't think why no one's thought of it before. Maybe you could start up a little business selling leaky boats?

RedDragon2008 Feb 25th 2013 9:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar7DgREshAk