Wikiposts

aussie music

Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:14 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default aussie music

There is some fantastic new music about in oz, a fair variation of stuff - well something for most of us I think, pete murray, eskimo joe, veronicas ( for my daughter but again, not bad) BUT they have some of the most god-awful music for the 70's- 80's!! Even the early INXS stuff is truly terrible.Bands with the most hilarious names,yes jimmy barnes I'm talking to you! but this morning I was unfortunate enough to see on Sunrise a snippet of whats in store for the poor b*****ds who have booked tickets for the 'Countdown' reunion tour (some 70's/80's sunday nite music showcase thing) Even my daughter who is 10 stopped in astonishment at how appalling it was, I think even koshie was just being kind to them when he applauded at the end. Did any of you guys see it?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: aussie music

Originally Posted by squeezzii
There is some fantastic new music about in oz, a fair variation of stuff - well something for most of us I think, pete murray, eskimo joe, veronicas ( for my daughter but again, not bad) BUT they have some of the most god-awful music for the 70's- 80's!! Even the early INXS stuff is truly terrible.Bands with the most hilarious names,yes jimmy barnes I'm talking to you! but this morning I was unfortunate enough to see on Sunrise a snippet of whats in store for the poor b*****ds who have booked tickets for the 'Countdown' reunion tour (some 70's/80's sunday nite music showcase thing) Even my daughter who is 10 stopped in astonishment at how appalling it was, I think even koshie was just being kind to them when he applauded at the end. Did any of you guys see it?

Sorry, but I am an 80's Aussie girl and love the music from back then...

I guess it was just the times and its what you listened to back then. I look back at some of the American and UK 80's music and there were some equally bad music....

I would LOVE to be going to the Countdown concert but I just dont think its worth $160 per ticket to see a bunch of has-beens
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

I like the veronicas
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Ozzy music is the pits!!!! so is the T.V
Old Jul 27th 2006, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

katcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud ofkatcha has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Ozzy music is the pits!!!! so is the T.V
I quite like aussie music like Eskimo Joe, Rogue Traders etc. Have to agree the TV is crap! What is it with the comedy shows too................don't get whats funny. Miss the British sense of humour!!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say the aussie music does much for me - but I'm more into dance than indie/guitar bollocks. Pretty good blend on triple J I find - rest of the time I have 20Gb of music on my MP3 player.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:46 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I love some of the old Aussie stuff, i was always a big Icehouse fan, i saw a video for one of their songs a few months back and couldn't believe whiat Iva Davies' hair was like. I guess its like everything else if the music fits with a memory you have then it will always make you smile.

FWIW Jimmy Barnes isn't actually Aussie, just never heard of anywhere but australia

Lynn
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:48 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Can't say the aussie music does much for me - but I'm more into dance than indie/guitar bollocks. Pretty good blend on triple J I find - rest of the time I have 20Gb of music on my MP3 player.
I agree Hutch, from what I remember from when I was in Oz, the music was really bland and poppy. OH loves rock/indie and I like dance too (oh, the good old days in Ibiza ). We are planning on stocking up on some decent stuff before we go.

Do you ever listen to radio1 online?

Gill
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:07 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
I agree Hutch, from what I remember from when I was in Oz, the music was really bland and poppy. OH loves rock/indie and I like dance too (oh, the good old days in Ibiza ). We are planning on stocking up on some decent stuff before we go.

Do you ever listen to radio1 online?

Gill
Yep - listen all the time - The Blue Room, Worldwide with Giles Peterson, Essential Mixes - I use a nifty program called TotalRecorder and listen to 'em in the car as well
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:10 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - listen all the time - The Blue Room, Worldwide with Giles Peterson, Essential Mixes - I use a nifty program called TotalRecorder and listen to 'em in the car as well
Will check that out. I love Zane Lowe's show so it should be on mornings in Oz which is great. He did a great Kasabian gig on Wednesday night which is online if you like them - it was excellent.

Just read your blog BTW - great news on getting a house, congrats.

Gill
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:18 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Sorry, but I am an 80's Aussie girl and love the music from back then...

I guess it was just the times and its what you listened to back then. I look back at some of the American and UK 80's music and there were some equally bad music....

I would LOVE to be going to the Countdown concert but I just dont think its worth $160 per ticket to see a bunch of has-beens

I agree Hels being a 80's Kiwi boy Even if the music is trashy i still love it. The more ACDC and Jimmy barnes the better. Prefer it to dancing around with a hanky on my head
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:02 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

To each his own!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mind the Aussie music but I do get irritated that the radio stations keep playing the same 10 songs over and over again for weeks on end.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:49 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunbather
I don't mind the Aussie music but I do get irritated that the radio stations keep playing the same 10 songs over and over again for weeks on end.
oh my god that is so true...the same ten songs...over and over again...nickleback...robbie...eskimos joe etc how bloody annoying...why is that??whats wrong with aussie radio and TV...its crap!!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 8:57 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
oh my god that is so true...the same ten songs...over and over again...nickleback...robbie...eskimos joe etc how bloody annoying...why is that??whats wrong with aussie radio and TV...its crap!!
I've found that with 97.3 in Brisbane - very limited playlist. Any recommendations for a better one without loads of commercials and preferably DJs with a brain. Love Oz but have to say I miss Radio 2. God (or your deity of choice) bless online radio 2!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.