Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussie driving - this takes the biscuit!

Wikiposts

Aussie driving - this takes the biscuit!

Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Aussie driving - this takes the biscuit!

My son was up at the crack of dawn for an hour's driving lesson before his test which was booked in at 8am.

The bloody examiner didn't turn up to take his test!!!!!!!! No phone call from the testing centre, nothing.

So we will now have to pay all over again for another 2 hour lesson and hope the examiner turns up next time.

I really feel for my poor son who was nervous enough as it was, to get all psyched up and ready and then no one turn up to do the exam is disgusting.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:03 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aussie driving - this takes the biscuit!

thats the pits! sorry for your boy -he must be really cheesed off!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 1:05 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

write a letter of complaint to the department in charge.... hopefully they will sort things out for you.

very frustrating....
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Were the biscuits in the test centre waiting room?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

That is shocking
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:26 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Still trying to work out what this has to do with driving. Maybe the booking was never confirmed?
Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:33 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Aussie driving - this takes the biscuit!

So actually, this is not about Aussie driving at all?

Old Apr 30th 2009, 10:37 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
So actually, this is not about Aussie driving at all?

Had a few near misses from moron drivers yesterday.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe not about driving as such, but if that's athe attitude of the driving examiners, no wonder there are so many twonks on the road.

And of course the booking was confirmed.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Aussie driving - this takes the biscuit!

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Had a few near misses from moron drivers yesterday.
I'd love to take the credit, but it probably wasn't me.

Old May 1st 2009, 1:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunbather
My son was up at the crack of dawn for an hour's driving lesson before his test which was booked in at 8am.

The bloody examiner didn't turn up to take his test!!!!!!!! No phone call from the testing centre, nothing.

So we will now have to pay all over again for another 2 hour lesson and hope the examiner turns up next time.

I really feel for my poor son who was nervous enough as it was, to get all psyched up and ready and then no one turn up to do the exam is disgusting.
Did you find out why he didn't turn up?

Are you in WA...you do have to Wait Awhile for alot of things there
Old May 1st 2009, 1:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather

Did you call the test centre to find out why the examiner didn't show up? Maybe he was sick? Or in an accident on the way to the appointment? And are you sure he was even Australian?
Old May 1st 2009, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And are you sure he was even Australian?

Apparently he rang in sick and no-one passd it on. They just handed my son and his instructor a letter that said

"We would like to apologize for causing inconvenience to you this morning.

The assessor who was rostered to conduct your practical driving assessment is not in attendance today.

Please telephone the call centre to re-schedule your driving assessment."

When I rang to make a new test date the lady at the centre said that they would forego the $71.80 re-test fee like she was doing me a favour! Never mind the fact that we'd had to pay for a 2 hour lesson today and will have to do the same again next time.

that he passes after all this.
Old May 1st 2009, 7:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so while there is no drama in this thread AT ALL its still infinitely better than the endless swine flue ones................
Old May 1st 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

So,
Forgive my low forehead-how is it Australians are Morons?
No need to rebook your son for the 2 hour pre-test,obviously Australians at fault again.
More experience the better,why didn't your son get his licence in the UK if you are so superior?
Your son recieved an apology and a non-fee re-booking,so again why are we at fault?
Ever heard of the term "Whinging Vietnamese"or "Whinging Lebanese"or Maltese,American,Fijian etc etc-so why "Whinging Pom" is so relevant?Wonder why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.