Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aussie adverts ... aaaaggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Wikiposts

Aussie adverts ... aaaaggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie adverts ... aaaaggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by steve`o
agrred most are shite but in amongst the crap there are some absolutely hilarious ads the one that cracked me up the most the first time i watched it was the
"take care of your beaver"
add for tampons
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkUE...ayer_embedded#!
I have never seen that ad before.

Ads are wasted on me. If watching live TV, I use the ad breaks for loading up the dishwasher, hanging up washing, making a cup of tea, or of course, checking up on the latest on BE.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:52 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HelenTD
I have never seen that ad before.

Ads are wasted on me. If watching live TV, I use the ad breaks for loading up the dishwasher, hanging up washing, making a cup of tea, or of course, checking up on the latest on BE.
I am also immune to their ways, I use the breaks to go to the shops and buy some Easy-Off Bam.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

the advertising industry here seems to think that the way to make a good add is to include a dog, any dog any product, I mean the old "home hardware" ones were at least humorous but wtf does a dog have to do with home insurance, or mortgages?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
Sorry but surely you LOVE the VB ones, especially during cricket! They are hilarious!
You reckon?

Aussies don't know how to make ads. Period! Even the good ones are bad.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:19 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
the advertising industry here seems to think that the way to make a good add is to include a dog, any dog any product, I mean the old "home hardware" ones were at least humorous but wtf does a dog have to do with home insurance, or mortgages?
Ah, that would explain that netballer flogging health food.

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
You reckon?

Aussies don't know how to make ads. Period! Even the good ones are bad.
Au contraire Rodney, even the good ones are good ...
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:30 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I find some of the lengthy advertorials make me physically angry. I don't have TV chez moi - just a screen and dvds but the treadmills at the gym are in front of big plasma screens of dross. Today a zit advert on permanent loop for 20 minutes almost gave me a bloody coronary I was so irritated. Why do they think there is a correlation between length and the propensity of the viewer to buy said stupid product? It was that Proactiv zit wash with Avril Lavigne, Kate Perry, Jennifer Love Hewitt blah blah all selling out and pretending they had acne but thanks to Proactiv life is now one full body continual orgasm... gggggrrrr
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:54 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I am also immune to their ways, I use the breaks to go to the shops and buy some Easy-Off Bam.
OMG that Easy Off Bam guy is the loudest on tv. Martin the shouter. Someone should BAM him.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:56 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
OMG that Easy Off Bam guy is the loudest on tv. Martin the shouter. Someone should BAM him.
Yeah, spray BAM in his eyes and then see how happy he is.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:02 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Polymate... MATE!

F%^K! if i here that commercial again I swear I'll kill someone.

And what's with the hiring of family? Or at least the commercials are so bad that I can only think that the actors are hired family to cheap out on.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:05 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by freebo

I have to say I do like the mitre 10 ad with the dog that was hit in the head by its owner and one of the mitre ten dogs says "And she's come to find a proper one" and the other dog responds "I didn't know we sold dogs"...

I think the banter of that one is good.

The old bugga ad was also good - but that may have been kiwi
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:47 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

My advice?
Give up on tv altogether. You'll save yourself a whole lot of grief that way. No adds, no Aussie Aussie Aussie, no news brought to you by a crew of cheesy faced tit-heads too 'unco' to be tradies or work at the checkout in coles, no moronic biased sports 'commentary'.
In fact, you could pretend you're living in an entirely different country.
Try it, it works
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:56 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
My advice?
Give up on tv altogether. You'll save yourself a whole lot of grief that way. No adds, no Aussie Aussie Aussie, no news brought to you by a crew of cheesy faced tit-heads too 'unco' to be tradies or work at the checkout in coles, no moronic biased sports 'commentary'.
In fact, you could pretend you're living in an entirely different country.
Try it, it works
I agree, its very liberating! I only see TV at work now for news and stuff, and rarely turn the volume up then. Just done three shifts with a guy who insists on having the TV on LOUD all the time, on non-stop US drivel. Still trying to shift the headache after 24 hours back home in peace and quiet.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:15 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

The worse ones are the "try chi latte, find it in the isle next to the tea in your super market today!!! " with the super dooper smiley blonde woman. Never, ever before in my life, have I been able to see someones back teeth when they grin. It makes me want to smash her stupid perfect teeth in
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

No ads on ABC 24. The rest we record on the PVR and fast forward ads, download or watch online.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

watch the football and get the commentary with robbie slater and mark bosnich

now that is SERIOUSLY SHITE

like a couple of school boys and both of them are just cheesy AND SHITE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.