Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Aus Post Economy barometer

Wikiposts

Aus Post Economy barometer

Old May 27th 2011, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus Post Economy barometer

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Ah!! But the Peruvian special tax status Poncho district Panpipesapiccu, in a push to create employment for it's citizens and subject matter for a reality tv show, has constructed a massive tariff and quarantine industry preventing the import of any additional alpacas. Hence the single remaining Peruvian alpaca is worth 5 million pesos. Over the border they are using alpacas as scaffolding poles at a rate of 5 cents per hoof they hold such little market value. Deja vu?

Precisely!
Old May 27th 2011, 9:33 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I never voted for him, but I reckon Barnett is doing a great job for WA. I hope he gets re-elected.
Did you vote for the reds then?
Old May 27th 2011, 9:36 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

The government will finally push through the mining supertax just as China sneezes a massive snot globule of recession on the country. Whilst it's seeping through the Rio Tinto board can sell half the country's assets at bargain basement prices and fock off to Brazil - CVRD could probably lend them a tent. A return to low commodity prices will be like a Tabasco enema to Australia as a one horse economy.
And once again the anal analogy.
Old May 27th 2011, 9:38 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Can there ever be a post made on the Australian economy without it triggering a parallel one on the Uk economy? Why the Uk economy anyway? Why not 'the one horse macademia nut economy of The Gambia' or the dangers of the 'one alpaca financial model of the Peruvian poncho industry'?
It's because we're in the Australian section of a website called BritishExpats not GambianExpars nor PreruvianExpats.

Pretty obvious really.
Old May 27th 2011, 10:54 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
It's because we're in the Australian section of a website called BritishExpats not GambianExpars nor PreruvianExpats.

Pretty obvious really.
Ohhh Rambi! Is there no music in your soul?
Old May 27th 2011, 11:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Can there ever be a post made on the Australian economy without it triggering a parallel one on the Uk economy?
You remember this statement for reference to your future posts!
Old May 27th 2011, 11:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Did you vote for the reds then?
No, The Greens.
Old May 27th 2011, 11:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Snail mail's a thing of the past. I would think the volume of parcels would be a better barometer nowadays.
Reassuring posts from most on here.

You would think so eh Dean. The thing is small letters are dropping off in huge numbers. The Counter side of that is Large letters, Thats Magazines and reports and anything to do with advertising are generally going through the roof and are projected to grow. It's the Large letters, or Advertising material that seems to have dropped off in the last 10 days or so. The forecast for those is to continue to grow, whilst small letters drop off at the aproxmiately the same rate as large letter growth..... Thats Junk mail to most... or Magazine subcriptions.

It must be the usual drop off we get at EFOYS ... Never seem business mail drop off this early before in my 16 years at post though. It's usually after the 1st week of June.

The Parcels have dropped off ever so slightly, nothing concerning on those though.

I only got 3 hours OT last week instead of my usual 6 or 7.

Just thought I'd check.

Old May 27th 2011, 12:06 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Ohhh Rambi! Is there no music in your soul?
Samba! Emo's not my style

Last edited by Rambi; May 27th 2011 at 12:09 pm.
Old May 27th 2011, 12:07 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by Amazulu
No, The Greens.
Do you smell smoke? I think someone's pants may be on fire
Old May 27th 2011, 12:11 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Reassuring posts from most on here.

You would think so eh Dean. The thing is small letters are dropping off in huge numbers. The Counter side of that is Large letters, Thats Magazines and reports and anything to do with advertising are generally going through the roof and are projected to grow. It's the Large letters, or Advertising material that seems to have dropped off in the last 10 days or so. The forecast for those is to continue to grow, whilst small letters drop off at the aproxmiately the same rate as large letter growth..... Thats Junk mail to most... or Magazine subcriptions.

It must be the usual drop off we get at EFOYS ... Never seem business mail drop off this early before in my 16 years at post though. It's usually after the 1st week of June.

The Parcels have dropped off ever so slightly, nothing concerning on those though.

I only got 3 hours OT last week instead of my usual 6 or 7.

Just thought I'd check.

There's been a big push by the registries to get dividend notices, etc off paper and onto electrons. I know they changed the rules a few years back but this year I noticed a lot of encouragement to switch. Some companies won't send dividend cheques any more.
Old May 27th 2011, 1:27 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Can there ever be a post made on the Australian economy without it triggering a parallel one on the Uk economy? Why the Uk economy anyway? Why not 'the one horse macademia nut economy of The Gambia' or the dangers of the 'one alpaca financial model of the Peruvian poncho industry'?
He gets a bit precious about his arsetralia...
Old May 27th 2011, 1:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Do you smell smoke? I think someone's pants may be on fire
I voted for some random party as there were no ultra-right wing parties on the ballot paper
Old May 27th 2011, 3:29 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I’m still waiting for that package from Columbia mate. I hope you aren’t going back on your word.
Old May 27th 2011, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
I’m still waiting for that package from Columbia mate. I hope you aren’t going back on your word.
LOL... I think someone raided the PO Box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.