Applecare...

Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:35 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applecare...

I have my share of issues with Apple products, but after sales service definitely isn't one of them. Having fried the battery in my iPad in a hotel room in Bangkok (don't ask what I was doing) I took it in and they swapped it for a new one, despite my admission that I had almost certainly done it myself...

Throw in the genius bar staff, who may not always know the answer but do contact you later with suggestions, and its almost worth the price.

Now if Apple could just fix some of the quirks.... Like copy/paste instead of move.....

Last edited by slapphead_otool; Apr 9th 2012 at 2:00 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:58 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

they replaced my iphone which I bought in Hong Kong, had no receipt, and had spilt cake in the speakers (mmmm cake ) which broke them - gave me a new one in chermside. Love their quality.

Took son's Macbook air in for a power cable that had failed - they happened to look over the macbook air too and noticed a 'loosening' hinge and had the entire screen replaced 'just to be on the safe side' 1 month out from warranty expiry (!)

I cannot see any other manufacturer doing that!
Old Apr 9th 2012, 9:30 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I would sooner lick wet tarmac off the road.

Originally Posted by fish.01
Stay on topic please Chris ...btw, do you like vegemite?
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I would sooner lick wet tarmac off the road.
Thank god...I knew I would have the same taste as you in something...it's awful isn't it
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:52 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

It is the most disgusting concoction ever and I can only assume it was originally made as a joke.

Originally Posted by fish.01
Thank god...I like to find a point of agreement with everyone...it's awful isn't it
Old Apr 9th 2012, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
It is the most disgusting concoction ever and I can only assume it was originally made as a joke.
My sisters used to spoon it into my mouth when I was asleep as a kid...still traumatised.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
they replaced my iphone which I bought in Hong Kong, had no receipt, and had spilt cake in the speakers (mmmm cake ) which broke them - gave me a new one in chermside. Love their quality.

Took son's Macbook air in for a power cable that had failed - they happened to look over the macbook air too and noticed a 'loosening' hinge and had the entire screen replaced 'just to be on the safe side' 1 month out from warranty expiry (!)

I'm not a big fan of the cult of Apple but I have to admit that their aftersales service is top notch.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Can you buy Apple Care two months after purchase on a plan with Virgin?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
This thread would indicate otherwise.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

All replacement iPhones, iPods and iPads are refurbs, they don't give out new products even if you're told they do.

They have brand new cases and screens, but the internals are refurbed. You can tell due to the serial number the new product has.

Nothing wrong with the replacements, I've had my fair share. But unless you return the product within a week or two of product launch it will be a refurb.

I've managed to scratch my screen on my 4S so hoping to get a replacement before my warranty runs out.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by xzibit
All replacement iPhones, iPods and iPads are refurbs, they don't give out new products even if you're told they do.

They have brand new cases and screens, but the internals are refurbed. You can tell due to the serial number the new product has.

Nothing wrong with the replacements, I've had my fair share. But unless you return the product within a week or two of product launch it will be a refurb.

I've managed to scratch my screen on my 4S so hoping to get a replacement before my warranty runs out.
Must be a lying little bugger. I looked him in the eye and asked specifically whether it was a refurb. He said categorically that it is brand new. How do I check the serial number ?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:28 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit

I blew the battery on my iPad 1 and took it to the Genius bar. I guess about 4 months into ownership. The incident happened in Thailand, the complaint made in George Street Sydney.

The free replacement was absolutely brand spankers, came out of the stock cupboard shrink-wrapped, and was one of a pair ,the other being sold to a guy standing next to me. I just picked up one and he picked up another. They offered to transfer crap over, but i just took my sim out.... I didn't unwrap until I got it home.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Jarvl will become famous soon enoughJarvl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by discobay
Can you buy Apple Care two months after purchase on a plan with Virgin?
Yes you can, you have to purchase applecare before the year warranty runs out.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

When purchased on a two-year plan is the phone under a two-year warranty with the service provider?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Jarvl will become famous soon enoughJarvl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by discobay
When purchased on a two-year plan is the phone under a two-year warranty with the service provider?
Not usually unless you have taken out their insurance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.