Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone watching the kids?

Wikiposts

Is anyone watching the kids?

Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is anyone watching the kids?

I have been saddened lately reading Oz news of so many toddlers recently drowning in swimming pools.Most of these deaths are of 2 yr olds or younger.I don't mean to sound critical but when my kids were young I watched them like a hawk and we did'nt even have a pool!!!!If one of my kids disappeared out of my sight,within 5 seconds I would be looking for them!I thought by law pools at homes were supposed to be child proofed by fencing ect?Please anyone already in Oz or about to move,if you have a pool don't let your children out of sight.Just read also about that poor 5 yr old who got eaten alive by a crocodile.He was apparently out the back with his 7 yr old playing,and from recent floods were playing in a swamp????
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone watching the kids?

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I have been saddened lately reading Oz news of so many toddlers recently drowning in swimming pools.Most of these deaths are of 2 yr olds or younger.I don't mean to sound critical but when my kids were young I watched them like a hawk and we did'nt even have a pool!!!!If one of my kids disappeared out of my sight,within 5 seconds I would be looking for them!I thought by law pools at homes were supposed to be child proofed by fencing ect?Please anyone already in Oz or about to move,if you have a pool don't let your children out of sight.Just read also about that poor 5 yr old who got eaten alive by a crocodile.He was apparently out the back with his 7 yr old playing,and from recent floods were playing in a swamp????
It's easy to judge people with no knowledge of the actual circumstances of the drowning. I've had two cousins that have toddlers down and it can be very fast - I'm sure it will stay with them for the rest of their lives "if only". It's imperative to watch your kids, but don't play the blame game with poor parents in mourning.

By the way, crocs don't eat their victims alive.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone watching the kids?

I was'nt "judgeing"any parents,just passing a comment on how sad I felt at the amount of recent children drowning thats all.