Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone watching the England game?

Wikiposts

Anyone watching the England game?

Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:11 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone watching the England game?

Originally Posted by Bordy
After watching Sydney V Saints earlier this is very slow. Did you see the bit where the guy got brushed by another guy & he nearly died???
The Paraguan who had to have a good lie down with his hand on his head while he swooned?

Brushed was a bit strong...more of a stroke
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:16 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
The Paraguan who had to have a good lie down with his hand on his head while he swooned?
Maybe he fancies Beckham?
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Maybe he fancies Beckham?
I can understand that
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:30 am
Account Closed

This is a slow game.

Why do they keep giving the ball away...are there new rules ?
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:35 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

This is a slow game.

Why do they keep giving the ball away...are there new rules ?
I can't believe I used to find this game thrilling. After AFL its like watching paint dry. Its only because I sincerely wish the England side victory that I endured the first half.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thebears
I can't believe I used to find this game thrilling. After AFL its like watching paint dry. Its only because I sincerely wish the England side victory that I endured the first half.
Have to agree, after watching the AFL earlier this is like watching paint dry. I'm sure someone somewhere thinks its an exciting game tonight.

Poor buggers
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:51 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree, after watching the AFL earlier this is like watching paint dry. I'm sure someone somewhere thinks its an exciting game tonight.

Poor buggers
Even my wife tonight said "isnt there another footy game tonight this is boring".
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:53 am
Account Closed

Well...it's finished..but we may not notice the difference
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I have just sat up watching that pile of poo
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:54 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Even my wife tonight said "isnt there another footy game tonight this is boring".

Glad I'm not the only one. Can't believe how slow the game is, I'm sure I used to think it was fast & exciting
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I'm not the only one. Can't believe how slow the game is, I'm sure I used to think it was fast & exciting

Only thing gained tonight was 3 points But got to admit f****** boring game. Need to shape up when it comes to play Sweden

John
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:29 am
Melbourne Australia

You are getting worse !!

No...don't waste it

Haven't forgotton btw...just won't know for a week or so..ok?
Thats okay. Being first night with new baby sitter E wants to stay close to home.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:31 am
Account Closed

Thats okay. Being first night with new baby sitter E wants to stay close to home.
Don't blame her....we'd love to come...just never know what work will spring on Carl until the week before.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:41 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Anyone watching the England game?

1-0 against Paraguay? Not quite the crushing victory that so many expected. Certainly doesn't bode well for the future.

Visited Cannock this afternoon - ghost town! :scared: Everyone was in their local boozer watching the game.

This was great news for me, because it meant that the shops were utterly deserted; for the first time since I came here, I received prompt and immediate service without standing in a 5-mile queue!

Business was so slow that several shops had staff hanging around in the doorways while they waited for customers to turn up; some were chatting with staff from the shop next door, while others were receiving updates on the game from passing punters.

On my way back through Pelsall, the first drunks of the afternoon were beginning to emerge from their respective watering holes.

I passed two blocks with their tracksuit pants halfway towards their ankles. They were so maggoted they couldn't walk straight. In fact, one of them couldn't even walk at all; after a few yards he simply doubled up, swaying back and forth in obvious discomfort (to my considerable satisfaction.)

Both of them had incredibly hairy buttocks; I'm just thankful that I wasn't approaching from the other direction, or I would have seen a lot more. :scared:
Old Jun 10th 2006, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I've just come back from our town center. There is a big screen there and there must have been around 5000 people all crammed into a space made for no more than 1000.

After the match there was hundreds of cars all driving round like loonies peeping their car horns like nutters.

At least england won, otherwise there would have been fighting and lot of ambulances as well

I will be glad to get away from it. Can't see what the fuss is about, it's a bag of wind, we teach dogs to chase balls, I always thought we were the intelligent species

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.