Anyone want me ?

Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all
Default Anyone want me ?

Hi, don't really look in here much as it seems to be more for people already in Oz. I am hoping to move out late this year or early next year so thought I might stick a post in here to see what sort of response it gets.
I am male 44 UK, single, no ties. I am looking for something a little diverse to do when I get there. I am a qualified fitter, fixed and mobile plant, construction plant experienced as well. I am a qualified gas fitter in the UK, I project manage and have some electrical experience/high voltage experience. I don't want to do a nine to five job but would also like some time off as I don't get much at present so maybe contract/project work.
I'm not expecting a job offer, more suggestions as to different types of work I wouldn't find here in the UK. At present I have no fixed destination so am open to suggestion.
Also if anyone wants to just say hi or share their own diverse work experiences then please join the thread or drop me a pm.
Thanks for taking time to read my post.

Chris.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone want me ?

This thread may be useful:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601378

There are lots of people still in the UK in the Barbie forum, just jump on in, take all with a large pinch of salt & have fun!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

chrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to allchrisling is a name known to all

Thanks Sally, that's a useful link.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisling
Hi, don't really look in here much as it seems to be more for people already in Oz. I am hoping to move out late this year or early next year so thought I might stick a post in here to see what sort of response it gets.
I am male 44 UK, single, no ties. I am looking for something a little diverse to do when I get there. I am a qualified fitter, fixed and mobile plant, construction plant experienced as well. I am a qualified gas fitter in the UK, I project manage and have some electrical experience/high voltage experience. I don't want to do a nine to five job but would also like some time off as I don't get much at present so maybe contract/project work.
I'm not expecting a job offer, more suggestions as to different types of work I wouldn't find here in the UK. At present I have no fixed destination so am open to suggestion.
Also if anyone wants to just say hi or share their own diverse work experiences then please join the thread or drop me a pm.

Chris.
Sorry dont have a job for ya but I'LL HAVE YA!! Severe shortage of single men with no ties around here!!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daunted
Sorry dont have a job for ya but I'LL HAVE YA!! Severe shortage of single men with no ties around here!!
Were the hell is 'here'? I'm on my way!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Bunbury.

However, think the significant part was single with no ties!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Bunbury.

yes the single and no ties bit was the deal breaker! trust me there are more than enough married, with ties men around :curse:
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

hannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the roughhannah1202 is a jewel in the rough

lol dont tell me that im on my way to oz as a single girl was hoping for a lot of single men around!!!
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Bunbury.

but I've been told I'm single! ...no ties? well I'd have to talk my way around 2 kids!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hannah1202
lol dont tell me that im on my way to oz as a single girl was hoping for a lot of single men around!!!
Well it depends where you going and what you looking for I will leave you to make up your own mind when you get here

but I've been told I'm single! ...no ties? well I'd have to talk my way around 2 kids!
Sorry windog you dont meet the relevant criteria
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry windog you dont meet the relevant criteria
And he pees on houseplants!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

And he pees on houseplants!
sounds like most of the single men i have met here to date
Old Apr 13th 2009, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisling

Chris.

Hi mate...

Been trawling the job market, just a habit really...

To be honest, the building trade here is looking grim right now...And the other thing is that OZ companies ask for either skill assessment or ask you do do some sort of course to "recognised" UK qualifications...

I know this because I have spoken to Brits here who have many years of exp and have successfully ran their own companies back in UK, and yet had to start at a lower level here...Even though in most cases they were better qualified and more experienced than their OZ counterparts...

I hope this doesn't discourage you rather prepares you for when you are here...

On the other hand, I have found myself more with the family, and doing a lot more things together...Specially we have been out a lot. The weather is OBVIOUSLY, the best thing about being here..

You may need to get used to a different lifestyle...It does take some getting used to, trust me...We are on our 5th month in and we still feel like tourists,
but better informed tourists if you know what I mean...

Just for the beaches, water, lifestyle, food, and the general fair dinkum attitude of most Ozzies, I think it's worth the try...

Wish you good luck, mate
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Woohoo, I'm wanted !!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Syedney
Hi mate...

Been trawling the job market, just a habit really...

To be honest, the building trade here is looking grim right now...And the other thing is that OZ companies ask for either skill assessment or ask you do do some sort of course to "recognised" UK qualifications...

I know this because I have spoken to Brits here who have many years of exp and have successfully ran their own companies back in UK, and yet had to start at a lower level here...Even though in most cases they were better qualified and more experienced than their OZ counterparts...

I hope this doesn't discourage you rather prepares you for when you are here...

On the other hand, I have found myself more with the family, and doing a lot more things together...Specially we have been out a lot. The weather is OBVIOUSLY, the best thing about being here..

You may need to get used to a different lifestyle...It does take some getting used to, trust me...We are on our 5th month in and we still feel like tourists,
but better informed tourists if you know what I mean...

Just for the beaches, water, lifestyle, food, and the general fair dinkum attitude of most Ozzies, I think it's worth the try...

Wish you good luck, mate
Thanks for that, I do actually run a company here in the UK but am quite willing to take a lesser role to get me earning. It will be nice to let someone else have the stress for a while anyway.

Chris.