Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Old Feb 24th 2008, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH
Hi Diane,

Could you PM me the details of the company that you mentioned above that would offer uup to 100%. We have Outline Planning Permission for 2 x Apartments on our property. May help to secure a better price if it comes to using one of these companies.

Regards,
Darren

Could you possibly PM me the name of the company too? We have a large plot with development potential and they might be interested. Thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:10 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
Losing out on 20% of the value of your house is just crazy. I remember all too well the frustration of trying to get a house to sell ... but everything sells eventually and ultimately does it really matter if your emigration is pushed back by a year? Australia isn't going anywhere and with interest rates the way they are here, you'll be losing out on a serious wedge of cash that will come in *very* handy during that early arrival stage.

it all depends on your point of view I suppose. Take a real example:

2002 - Bought property @ £55,000
2007 - Property valued @ £200,000
2008 - Quick sale of property for £170,000

1st view = LOST 15% on previous value
2nd view = 209% profit since purchase date (34.8% average annual return (over 6 full years)).

I agree that it will, at some point, go back up to a £200,000 valuation. How long will that take is the old "how long is a piece of string question".

As I said, it all depends on your point of view and what your priorities are.

Darren
Old Feb 25th 2008, 12:31 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Just filled in an online form I put the value at £170000, they offered £144500 subject to them having a look at it. (85%)

its on the market for 165000, so I bet they will knock some more off once they come around have a look and notice it on rightmove .....

edit:
Just had a call from Midland Home Buyers offering £140k (80% ish)

Last edited by MarkMC; Feb 25th 2008 at 12:58 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

rather than all the pm's can we just name and shame / offer advice on them.

i spoke with national home buyers after they contacted us and they expect me to pay £700 for an external valuation on which they will offer an amount but wont say what %, bit of a con really so had been put off this but if there are other companies out there that come with a history of use by other people on here would like to know and maybe speak with them

Cheers

Robert
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
rather than all the pm's can we just name and shame / offer advice on them.

i spoke with national home buyers after they contacted us and they expect me to pay £700 for an external valuation on which they will offer an amount but wont say what %, bit of a con really so had been put off this but if there are other companies out there that come with a history of use by other people on here would like to know and maybe speak with them

Cheers

Robert

Hi Robert

We rang them too after receiving a letter from them and they said the same £700 valuation and no guarantees they would even buy after that - thanks but no thanks, I don't have £700 just to throw away like that. So if anyone else gets any letters just bin them!

Tracy
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:47 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Robert

I agree, would be good to have list. All the ones I have contacted seem to offer a flat 80% or 85% over the phone.

Midland Home Buyers - 80% over the phone. He did mention no fees etc.
www.rapidpropertybuyers.biz - 85% via an online form
www.FastPropertySales.biz - again 85% via a very similar online form

I have not spoken to the last 2 yet, am waiting for them to call, but I did say I was looking for another 5k on the form. I suspect they are linked in some way.

Mark

Last edited by MarkMC; Feb 25th 2008 at 2:47 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road

HI all,

Watching this thread as in the same position.

House been on market for 12 months, lots of interest initially but dead over last few weeks. House valued at £200k, now on market at £193,950. Been offered £140K by one of those companies, what a kick in the teeth. I laughed and told him not to waste my time.

We are now gonna rent it out. Fingers crossed

Good luck to you all out there in the same position.

Jayne
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

well it was NTS (need to sell) steve i spoke to whom stated 100% with properties whom have land to build on. or properties to extend.

we going to rent

Diane x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:49 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

this is all so difficult - especially when you're paying the mortgage ... lets say £1k per month , takes a year to sell = £12k that your paying.. could you afford to lose to one of the cash now people...?
Old May 8th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

Anyone sold to one of these quick buy companies yet?
We've been on market two months so far, 5 viewings no offers. Just rang other agents in area today and they all said same thing houses are not really selling, one in particular said if other agents are telling you different they are lying! there're all worrying about their jobs it's so bad, can't believe how honest she was!
WE are aiming to go to OZ in August as visa has been granted, just wanted to know latest if anyone had actually sold their house to quick buy company yet as i think market may prob. go worse and we don't want to validate and then try again next year.
Any comments?
Old May 8th 2008, 12:32 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Inglewhite
Anyone sold to one of these quick buy companies yet?
We've been on market two months so far, 5 viewings no offers. Just rang other agents in area today and they all said same thing houses are not really selling, one in particular said if other agents are telling you different they are lying! there're all worrying about their jobs it's so bad, can't believe how honest she was!
WE are aiming to go to OZ in August as visa has been granted, just wanted to know latest if anyone had actually sold their house to quick buy company yet as i think market may prob. go worse and we don't want to validate and then try again next year.
Any comments?
I have been speaking to a rep form a company called Ethical Property Investors/Buyers over the last two or three months. We haven't confirmed a price as yet, as we are still waiting on the visa. Basically what she told me was that they take the average price of similar house in your area and offer 15% below that. They will take into account other factors, such as our property which has OPP for 2 x Apartments, which they would factor into any offer.

As I said I am waiting for the visa before requesting a firm quote/offer from them.

Darren

Last edited by aus2be_OH; May 8th 2008 at 12:56 pm. Reason: ooops...spelling
Old May 11th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

good luck everyone,

we have rented our house out. will see what happens and when best to sell.

Diane x