Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Wikiposts

Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone sold house to a quick buy company'

Originally Posted by posh10
Hi ya ,

well we ar 2 adults and 1 5 yr old. we too r heading to mornington !!!!!! how lovelydoes it look . my friend has lived there for over 2 yrs now and loves it. we have looked at mount martha mount eliza ideally though mornington nr to tina would be nice. we are hoping to head out may time , heading for tina first sort out a rental then do a bit of travelling for a good few weeks. if u like we could meet up when we get there for a coffee.

Diane xx
Diane

coffee would be FAB, looks like we are heading in the same direction Keep in touch with dates etc

Tracy
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Diane

coffee would be FAB, looks like we are heading in the same direction Keep in touch with dates etc

Tracy
most def coffee and chat , added u to buddy list. another gal is going to mornington april time cheryl she's on ''do we rent our house out thread'. will let u know when booked flights. i'm soooo excited bout it all. well off to watch 'lost' b4 bed. lol taped it. sad eh.

Diane xxxx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:46 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Losing out on 20% of the value of your house is just crazy. I remember all too well the frustration of trying to get a house to sell ... but everything sells eventually and ultimately does it really matter if your emigration is pushed back by a year? Australia isn't going anywhere and with interest rates the way they are here, you'll be losing out on a serious wedge of cash that will come in *very* handy during that early arrival stage.

Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:06 am
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Hi darren would be interested in number pm me please. cheers. would h8 house to hold us up 4 ages. like i said as long as we get what we paid though extra wud b nice not holding out for too long.

Diane xx
PM sent

Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
Losing out on 20% of the value of your house is just crazy. I remember all too well the frustration of trying to get a house to sell ... but everything sells eventually and ultimately does it really matter if your emigration is pushed back by a year? Australia isn't going anywhere and with interest rates the way they are here, you'll be losing out on a serious wedge of cash that will come in *very* handy during that early arrival stage.

Hiya Hutch,

I have to agree with you on this one.

Donna.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Waited nearly 2 years for mine to sell - had enough so put it to auction. Sold on the night there and then and I had fat cheque in my hand 2 weeks later.
Yes I took a hit - but for me and my circumstances it suited well.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hutch

Hi ya,

i understand what u r saying, but house prices are dropping fast here and rising in oz. so its a bit of a no win situation. i think it depends on what u want in life. we have waited a long time for this move already, as long as we get our money back we put into the house we ar e okay with that.

someone else mentioned an auction, u can put a cap on tha base though cant u so u dont get less than u want.

Diane xx
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:18 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of

Hi ya,

i understand what u r saying, but house prices are dropping fast here and rising in oz. so its a bit of a no win situation. i think it depends on what u want in life. we have waited a long time for this move already, as long as we get our money back we put into the house we ar e okay with that.

someone else mentioned an auction, u can put a cap on tha base though cant u so u dont get less than u want.

Diane xx
With most auctions you can set a reserve price. Meaning that if the bidding does not reach that price, the property will not be sold.

Darren
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

surely another option is to sell it yourselves for 10pct under the valuation....anyone would see it was a good buy (if valuation is reasonable) and so would sell more quickly than a highly priced prop.

....and I think Melb prices will start to taper off before too long
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:37 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

We've been on the market for 10 months now, originally at £200k.......reduced several times and changed estate agents 3 times.
Currently at £169,995 with only 1 viewing so far :curse:
Have a lovely semi-detatched new build with 5 bedrooms......nothing needs to be done, new owner could just move in.
Bought it for £150k 2 years ago........so not much equity anyway.
One of those home buying companies has just offered us £146,300
Rang an auction house who said we should set the reserve at £135k
So def not going down the auction route!!!
Waiting for another home buying company to get back to us today to see what they can offer us. If we get over £150k then we may just take their offer and run....LOL
Beth x x
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pomster
surely another option is to sell it yourselves for 10pct under the valuation....anyone would see it was a good buy (if valuation is reasonable) and so would sell more quickly than a highly priced prop.

....and I think Melb prices will start to taper off before too long

Thank goodness for that

Tracy
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

well,

just to say rang a few of these companies today, had house valued last week at £235k . one company said how much mortgege u got told him then he said thats what i'l give u, well cant write what i said.lol.
second one offered 75% and then my last call said if i had some property on the side or back of house to build i'd get 100% , offered me £195k so was impressed with them actually. so not sure what we doing. think might get on mkt ths week coming and test water if not gone in 2 months sell to company.

my oh said we will prob get knocked down then pay estates and sols so might be worth going with the last call.

any ideas

Diane x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

well,

just to say rang a few of these companies today, had house valued last week at £235k . one company said how much mortgege u got told him then he said thats what i'l give u, well cant write what i said.lol.
second one offered 75% and then my last call said if i had some property on the side or back of house to build i'd get 100% , offered me £195k so was impressed with them actually. so not sure what we doing. think might get on mkt ths week coming and test water if not gone in 2 months sell to company.

my oh said we will prob get knocked down then pay estates and sols so might be worth going with the last call.

any ideas

Diane x
Hi Diane

Only you can decide this one, £40K under valuation is a lot, the market does seem to be picking up, apparently, we are heading towards spring when we should see more movement also. Sols and EA will cost you approx £5K, and yes you will get knocked down, but not necessarily by £35K. What if you agreed £15K less than asking price you would have an extra £20K and that is just over $40K Oz dollars

Personally I would test the waters for a couple of months, but that is me and as I have said only you can decide.

Good Luck with this one

Tracy
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 2:03 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Just contacted 2 companies, so i'll let you know the outcome when they get back to me....
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 11:48 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

well,

any ideas

Diane x
Hi Diane,

Could you PM me the details of the company that you mentioned above that would offer uup to 100%. We have Outline Planning Permission for 2 x Apartments on our property. May help to secure a better price if it comes to using one of these companies.

Regards,
Darren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.