Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone missing London ?

Anyone missing London ?

Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:00 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone missing London ?

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
How in God's name could anybody miss that over priced, over crowded, polluted, chaotic sh!t hole?
Whenever people say this you can usually gaurantee the person hasn't seen the real shit holes of this world.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 12:02 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denver

I thought Madame Tassauds was extremely overated for 24 pounds.
this just proves that old adage about fools and their money.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:19 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fraser
London pisses all over Sydney as a city.
That it does. I lost count of how many locals I saw pissing up against a wall in London.

Even saw one bloke, in the middle of the day, taking a leak on an ATM. Very classy indeed!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

My granddad missed London, he was a crappy pilot though ... poor old Helmut, he never did get the hang of port and starboard.

On a serious note, no I don't. I've worked there, I've visited the place and each time I've hated it - instant headache material - noisy, expensive, smelly and full of ignorant nasty chancers. Yup, and it's not alone in the world.

I lived in North Kent for some considerable time and came to the conclusion that you had to have pots of money to have anything like a liveable situation (for me, anyway, I like a bit of space).

Margate ... man that takes me back ... many happy memories of doing the Looping Star and the Mary Rose until I was sick (at Bembom Brothers). Sadly the last time I was down that way (a year or so ago) it was looking very sad ... actually, it was probably always like that ...
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

If money were no object, I think I could probably find myself, a nice large place around Copers Cope road (alongside the footballers) in Beckenham - 1/4 acre plus, Indoor swimming pool. Food and Groceries delivered. Then when you add up the infinite choice that London and Europe gives one that lifestyle could probably be better than most things that Aus can provide.

I'd never be able to afford it though, even with a tatts win.

BTW, there are at least 5 posters on the CPFC.BBS that have that kind of money. One owns a fishing business complete with trout farm, and a couple are lawyers. They are more than happy to travel the world and go back to south of the river.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 20th 2007 at 4:36 am.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:41 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
That it does. I lost count of how many locals I saw pissing up against a wall in London.

Even saw one bloke, in the middle of the day, taking a leak on an ATM. Very classy indeed!
That can be seen in and around Northbridge,Perth every Friday/Saturday night?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:32 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
That can be seen in and around Northbridge,Perth every Friday/Saturday night?
Never heard of Northbridge.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:42 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Lord Lucan and Ronald Biggs, until recently.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:27 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elfman
Whenever people say this you can usually gaurantee the person hasn't seen the real shit holes of this world.
How the fck would you know?

p.s. And where's Mount Tabor, NJ?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevinl
Been up town today.
Took the kids on the Eye and then a river cruise down to the Tower of London.
Looked around the Tower of London, not been since I was tiny.

Rained hard from when we left the house until we got in about an hour ago.

Cost £39 for the Eye , £42 to go around the Tower :scared: , £22 for the boat trip , £12 for the train (the only good value bit), £2.40 for the bus to the station which we normally walk to and takes 10 mins to walk but today it was raining hard.

Yesterday we went to Botany Bay, between Margate and Ramsgate, spent a couple of quid on petrol getting there, lovely weather great day out.

I guess my point is we only live half an hour from central London but who can afford to go and use the facilities often ?

Roll on better weather and free days out.

Kevin
I miss London. You will soon get fed up of sitting in parks and beaches all day. How boring.!!! The novalty does wear off.
But saying that, been to London loads of times, the novalty wears off there too.
But the weather here is better, so good luck Kev

Last edited by Nomore; Feb 20th 2007 at 6:33 am.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:35 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I miss London. You will soon get fed up of sitting in parks and beaches all day. How boring.!!! The novalty does wear off.
But saying that, been to London loads of times, the novalty wears off there too.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Whats that thing?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:37 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by paulrachel
[quote]I miss London. You will soon get fed up of sitting in parks and beaches all day. How boring.!!! The novalty donovelty off.
But saying that, been to London loads of times, the novalty wonoveltythere too.
But the weather here is better, so good luck Kev [quote]

My mind is a boggle....
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:39 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;4429121][quote]I miss London. You will soon get fed up of sitting in parks and beaches all day. How boring.!!! The novalty donovelty off.
But saying that, been to London loads of times, the novalty wonoveltythere too.

My mind is a boggle....
Oh
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:41 am
'In limboland'

[QUOTE=paulrachel;4429126][QUOTE=St.Georges Girl;4429121]
I miss London. You will soon get fed up of sitting in parks and beaches all day. How boring.!!! The novalty donovelty off.But saying that, been to London loads of times, the novalty wonoveltythere too.

Oh
Am I seeing things? Can't figure it out Rachel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.