Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone miss shopping in Tesco's???

Wikiposts

Anyone miss shopping in Tesco's???

Old Dec 20th 2013, 8:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone miss shopping in Tesco's???

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Just back with a suitcase full of UK bought clothing- outfits for DD, (at Tescos and Brigend designer outlet,) 7 shirts for OH for the price you'd pay for two here, shoes for OH and me, a winter coat, undies, bras and a coat/cardigan.

Won't need to go shopping for another 2 years!!
Mcarthurglen?
Old Dec 20th 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

a winter coat,
I had one of those once
Old Dec 21st 2013, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Mcarthurglen?
Is that what they call it? I just know it is off the M4 on the way to MIL's in Wales, near the Brigend turn off.
Old Dec 21st 2013, 11:02 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Is that what they call it? I just know it is off the M4 on the way to MIL's in Wales, near the Brigend turn off.
That's it - my sister lives near there, and mum lives in Swansea
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 12:05 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Used to like the "when it's gone it's gone..." offers. Nabbed several good bargains with those over the years
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

I miss Tesco's.
My all time greatest shopping experience was one Sat morning sent to do the shop and they handed me a G&T in the booze aisle.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

That's it - my sister lives near there, and mum lives in Swansea
We went to Swansea to see OH's godfather, who is also his 2nd cousin once removed, or something like that- the Davies/Phillips/Jenkins line all seemed to have many many children. I've met so many relatives I have lost track! You could be related!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 2:23 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

Mcarthurglen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73v1RqRPKGk

Spring was never waiting for us, girl
It ran one step ahead
As we followed in the dance

Between the parted pages and the prayers
Still love's hot, fevered iron
Like a striped pair of pants

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain

I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again, oh noooooo

I recall the yellow cotton dress
Foaming like a wave
On the ground around your knees
Birds like tender babies in your hands
And the old men playing checkers, by the trees

And I'll never have that recipe again, oh noooooo

(Short instrumental interlude)

There would be another song for me
For I will sing it
There would be another dream for me
Someone will bring it

I will drink the wine while it is warm
And never let you catch me looking at the sun
And after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life, you'll still be the one

I will take my life into my hands and I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes and I will lose it
I will have the things that I desire
And my passion flow like rivers through the sky

And after all the loves of my life
Oh, after all the loves of my life
I'll be thinking of you - and wondering why

(Longer instrumental interlude)

And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh noooooo, o-oh no-ooooo

Last edited by Ballys; Dec 22nd 2013 at 2:29 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

OMG why would you miss Tesco. It's like saying you miss rabies. It is one of the circles of hell
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
OMG why would you miss Tesco. It's like saying you miss rabies. It is one of the circles of hell
You sound like my brother He also finds it distasteful to touch any newspaper which isn't the Guardian.

Last edited by aries; Dec 22nd 2013 at 5:51 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Better than Asda though!
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 8:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Where's the 'like' button?
Old Dec 24th 2013, 9:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

True, don't miss Tesco at all, it was always crap.

I do, however miss M&S and Waitrose!