Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone hired or bought exercise equipment?

Wikiposts

Anyone hired or bought exercise equipment?

Old Nov 21st 2006, 9:28 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone hired or bought exercise equipment?

Wanting to hire a cross trainer (eliptical) for a few months so that I can up the exercise a bit more.
Anyone hired one from anywhere in NSW or bought?

Cheers!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 2:45 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone hired or bought exercise equipment?

we just bought a new treadmill, John found it on ebay, it's a commercial standard one and cost a fraction of the price of the similar ones in the shops, mind you it takes up half the bedroom

I think they sell all different types of exercise equipment all the stuff is brand new so it may be worth a look, i know here in WA renting them can be quite expensive.

Lynn
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Wanting to hire a cross trainer (eliptical) for a few months so that I can up the exercise a bit more.
returning to your line of work are you?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 4:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
returning to your line of work are you?

Which line of work would that be? I've had several in the past years.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 6:42 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

I put an order in for an eliiptical from a website (oo.com.au) and its costing $180 with postage and packing. Seemed to be the best around that I could find. Did look into renting but decided at that price, couldn't go far wrong. I'm expecting it to turn it in the next few days so if you're interested I can let you know what its like. It also had the highest weight rating I could find (upto 250lbs or 113kg) whereas the ones in the shops were only rated upto 90kgs and with a slightly heavy OH it was needed.

On another note, we also got 2gb MP3 players for $99. Its well worth checking out and they are based in Sydney so closer to you
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Wow, that's pretty good.

I'm actually bidding on one on eBay right now actually, following mtp's suggestion. Seems to be pretty cheap and good quality, but I will definitely check out that website in more detail. The eliptical they have on there is not as good as the ebay one but thanks for the recommendation.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 5:53 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!
Might even be worth putting a "Wanted" post on your local Freecycle group. We see crosstrainers, bikes and treadmills offered on ours all the time.

Good luck

Gill
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by herrchook
Might even be worth putting a "Wanted" post on your local Freecycle group. We see crosstrainers, bikes and treadmills offered on ours all the time.

Good luck

Gill
Hi Gill

The Freeecycle group up here is very low on luxury goods, as such and I see these coming up in the Sydney groups, but not here... sadly.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 8:21 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gill

The Freeecycle group up here is very low on luxury goods, as such and I see these coming up in the Sydney groups, but not here... sadly.
Don't you know someone in Sydney who could collect one for you? Might be worth a shot.

Gill
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by herrchook
Don't you know someone in Sydney who could collect one for you? Might be worth a shot.

Gill
I do, but I bought one of eBay in the end.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I do, but I bought one of eBay in the end.
I'm an Ebay sniper. I never bid early; all you do is push up the price and show other buyers there is interest. No exceptions.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'm an Ebay sniper. I never bid early; all you do is push up the price and show other buyers there is interest. No exceptions.
I watched it and bid in the lat 20 seconds.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:38 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers!

We bought one in UK and shipped to Aus, the Hubby can use it for quite a long time I get knackered even on no. 3 and find it just seems slightly out of sink somehow with my stride pattern but Hubby finds it fine.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by annqldau
We bought one in UK and shipped to Aus, the Hubby can use it for quite a long time I get knackered even on no. 3 and find it just seems slightly out of sink somehow with my stride pattern but Hubby finds it fine.

That can happen if the stride isn't very large... you need one over 40cm... If it's under, it can give you probs.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:50 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

That can happen if the stride isn't very large... you need one over 40cm... If it's under, it can give you probs.
It's got big stride think I need my feet closer together don't normally walk with a 1 foot gap inbetween... .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.