Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone On Here?? Stuck or Been Stuck in UK

Anyone On Here?? Stuck or Been Stuck in UK

Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice
Unhappy Anyone On Here?? Stuck or Been Stuck in UK

Well , I thought I need some advice or stories to help me out of a very blue mood. And how I feel some what bitter and at a loss with what we have come home too.

We returned home to the UK , after a few mnths in Oz . Our little girl got very sick and mean very ill. we prayed she would make it , and thank GOD she did . It then just went from bad to worse and next I have us all back on the plane going back to the family who I just wanted to see.

A few mths down the line, I hate being home, dislike more and more what I see UK becoming and to top it of got a house just as it crashes , friends and family kinda seem a little not worried now we have been back a few mths and now wonder if we will ever get back out there to Oz..

Anyone been here and done this?? I feel a bit of a fool to have rushed back and now kick myself and OH does for being here and buying another property. Anyone , who's done this and gone back. Anyone like us stuck in UK. Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:50 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone On Here?? Stuck or Been Stuck in UK

Think there's quite a few ping-pongers in MBTUK - several of whom, as I recall, were in a similar situation. Hope you manage to resolve it to the satisfaction of the all the family.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Yep we are on the plane back exactly 6 weeks today
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

Originally Posted by Reading fan
Good Luck and wish we had six weeks to go! + Reading fan , use to work at the club before I left for Oz.

Cheers
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Are you back living in the same area ?
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

same here, we fly two weeks today, hang in there it is a long haul but it can be done to go back.Know exactly what you mean about family too!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

friends and family kinda seem a little not worried now we have been back a few mths and now wonder if we will ever get back out there to Oz..

We had exactly the same experience with family after the initial flush they really couldn't give a toss if we don't visit them then we don't see them at all.

We are going down the lines of "there are 4 people in our lives that really matter " - husband, 2 kids and me. We have been back 3 years - so don't give up -if go back it is the next stage in the adventure.

Family is ok but sometimes they can really stink .Good luck
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:27 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We stayed in the uk 2 yrs and are now back in Oz but this time in Brisbane. So far we are very settled after 7wks. No homesickness pangs no regrets. Still got the house in the UK rented out this time.

If you want it to happen it will. We were fortunate that hubby got a relocation package with a job offer so much easier for us than the first time round. It hasnt cost us the earth to get here this time round.

Hope it works out for you

Jo

We did not hate the UK we just wanted to try something different and knew that I didnt need to work here so got a better family life.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Are you back living in the same area ?
Yeap, silly but we moved back to where the children went to school, thought it was best after all the drama of a sick child, and not the same house we sold.
We thought at least the children would have their old school.

Not a wise move , we also rushed into buying a house again just wanted to comfort the children.

OH & I not born and breed here (the town we live in), and so it does not help. . I love parts of what we have here in England. But Australia I still think its great for the outdoor life and my family love being outdoors and I think children seem children there. Just my thought!.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 3:27 pm
Banned

knvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really niceknvbmick is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Anyone On Here?? Stuck or Been Stuck in UK

Glad that your Daughter is now Ok that must be a relief!
Im sure you will get back.
I really need to get back - I left cos my wife was cheating on me and I was heading for a breakdown I panicked cos I knew no-one else here.
Been back 3 months and can't find work - im staying with my parents and its a nightmare.

I've decided to go to brisbane - don't have a lot of money but can work unrestricted - I have enough to keep me for first 2 months in backpacker accommodation - If I dont go back now Im certain that im going to become even more depressed as my prospects here are really poor.
Good Luck