Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone had their wisdom teeth out (when over 30!)

Anyone had their wisdom teeth out (when over 30!)

Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone had their wisdom teeth out (when over 30!)

Originally Posted by Ransi
For weeks after, I kept having bits of broken teeth coming out of my gums..... my face resembled Jabba The Hut for 2 weeks.
my body has been like that for the last 5 years!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Had one top one also taken out before this in the dentist chair with a local. Again no problems - they just clamped the tooth with pliers pushed hard down on the top of my head and pushed up on the clamped tooth, turned it a few times back and forth and then pulled - hey presto tooth removed [/QUOTE]

Same here - I had that - funny experience isn't it?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
my body has been like that for the last 5 years!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

COme on guys we are meant to be reassuring and supporting not scaring the living daylights out of the poor girl

Make sure you have proper pain relief available for afterwards... believe me. NOTHING is worse than the pain of the abscess/ impacted teeth.... anything else will be a welcome relief
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
COme on guys we are meant to be reassuring and supporting not scaring the living daylights out of the poor girl

Make sure you have proper pain relief available for afterwards... believe me. NOTHING is worse than the pain of the abscess/ impacted teeth.... anything else will be a welcome relief
OMG Why did I come on here and read this? Yikes!!

No ill effects after the single one was taken out, in fact the relief was palpable as the abscess had made it darned painful!

Saw the Periodontist last Wednesday who recommended I have the remaining three taken out. So, back to my regular dentist (lovely man) who didn't look too enraptured about doing them and has sent me for a jaw x-ray. Now that's one for the family album. Mrs Skeletor no less.

Turning into a bit of a saga
Old Aug 21st 2007, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

what i meant was... any post op pain is NOTHING in comparrisson to what you had before they removed them!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
what i meant was... any post op pain is NOTHING in comparrisson to what you had before they removed them!
Yes your reply was lovely, I meant all the others
Old Aug 21st 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Why did this thread have to pop back up again?! Just reminds me of the nasty wonky wisdom tooth that's growing in to the side of my mouth and I am trying very hard to ignore.....
Old Aug 21st 2007, 9:02 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Think it really depends on who you are and how bad/good the teeth are.

I had a friend who left work, had two wisdom teeth removed under local and met me for dinner a few hours later!

Gave me great hope for mine.

Mine was done under general and although I was asleep for the entire thing when I woke up I had a feeling like they had decided to play football with my head for half hour!

It did hurt, and once the painkillers wore off (about midnight that night) it was REALLY painfuL!!

Having said that, I am so glad that I had them out - years of being annoyed by painful wisdom teeth and I wished I had just had them out 5 years before I did!

Don't delay the inevitable!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Don't delay the inevitable![

The X-ray said teeth not in good position so they are coming out (whilst I am knocked out) in hospital in a few weeks time. With health insurance I think I'll be about $600 out of pocket. Not too bad really. The guy is excellent. Could pay less, but I don't think this is the sort of occasion where I'll chance it
Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Teeth have gone. Not a dreadful experience but not exactly very nice This was Tuesday and I'm still feeling woozy (is that a word?) Is it the anaesthetic? Not had a general since I was a small child.