Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

anyone going to or in cairns??

anyone going to or in cairns??

Old Feb 13th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: anyone going to or in cairns??

Originally Posted by suzanne7575
pleased you are liking it so far
I'm pleased too. Before I left the UK i was having major doubts! Having never been to Oz, let alone Cairns before, I was risking my life...but I think its working out! Meeting new boss on Monday to chat to my new team so lets see how the work side of it pans out!!

I have my fingers crossed that ive made a good decision rather than a silly one!...i'm now exceedingly optimistic!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:09 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
I'm pleased too. Before I left the UK i was having major doubts! Having never been to Oz, let alone Cairns before, I was risking my life...but I think its working out! Meeting new boss on Monday to chat to my new team so lets see how the work side of it pans out!!

I have my fingers crossed that ive made a good decision rather than a silly one!...i'm now exceedingly optimistic!
Glad you like it pleased to have you here see you on the 21st

good luck meeting the boss
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Hi all, slight change of theme;

Ive been tidying my room out - in anticipation of moving to cairns next year. I have both a badminton and squash racket. Ive been warned that it is exceedingly hot in cairns, therefore, should i take the rackets or not?

- will it be too hot to play sports?
- is there an indoor sport centre with courts?
- are there any new learners (im not great!) clubs?
- is there culture of badminton/squash or is it mainly cricket and rugby??

Im totally clueless! Never been to cairns and never visited australia!
Just reading through old thread..play squash and am looking for someone to play squash with an extra evening a week??
Liz
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mamasita
Congrats- you must be over the Moon. It does take a lot of money to do it all but it is so worth it.

I sold everything, apart from House on ebay ! I even sold the house via the internet using House Simple. You pay a much reduced commission using them
We have only been here since August but already love it. I asked my son last night if he wanted to go back and he got quite upset at the thought of it. He has made loads of friends in a short time ( PLUS A GIRLFRIEND !!!)

Hope to meet up soon.
Are you coming to the meet on the 21st and if so how many?? So I can book table at the pub>>
Liz
Old Feb 14th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suzanne7575
pleased you are liking it so far
Come to Cairns, its great and we are all nice at expats meet ups!!!
I will try to find a link to my thread with lots of photos..think it was called 5 months in cairns and no intentions of going back.
It may help to persuade you!!!

Liz
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tripawaymars
Just reading through old thread..play squash and am looking for someone to play squash with an extra evening a week??
Liz
As chance has it, I did opt for squash! (couldnt find any badminton clubs!).

Once im a bit more settled we should hook up for a game (btw. i might be a bit rusty...but if your gentle on me then i might win a game or two!).