Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

anyone going to or in cairns??

anyone going to or in cairns??

Old Oct 12th 2008, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone going to or in cairns??

Originally Posted by Bix
Perhaps they think he's dipping his candle.
Originally Posted by simon2cairns
hey there is alot of it about, spend most of my time treating teenagers with candle problems!!!
You can't take candles to Aus though!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

simon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
You can't take candles to Aus though!
oh just had a very very low offer on the house £120,000 lower than the original asking price, will be living on a bench on cairns i think!!!
Old Oct 12th 2008, 3:48 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see some teenage boys moving there mine are 13 and 14 (almost 15)

Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

why did they want to HIV test your daughter??? seems a bit odd.(sorry very personal question!!) are you on a 457 visa
THey test every1 once they turn 15, I did write my son was having the HIV test I hope.
Old Oct 12th 2008, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
We arrive on Nov 12th! I am sure that there will be a meet up before Christmas but we can also arrange to get together once the dust has settled
Would be good to meet people, just hope your all up for a good drink, and love going out
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

oh just had a very very low offer on the house £120,000 lower than the original asking price, will be living on a bench on cairns i think!!!
Are you going to accept?

Originally Posted by wardy2
Glad to see some teenage boys moving there mine are 13 and 14 (almost 15)
:
Yes this is all good but are they all really sporty????:thumbup:

Originally Posted by rocket01
THey test every1 once they turn 15, I did write my son was having the HIV test I hope.
Wow, didn't know that!

Originally Posted by rocket01
Would be good to meet people, just hope your all up for a good drink, and love going out
Oh most definitely up for a good drink
Old Oct 15th 2008, 12:40 am
In Cairns and loving it!!

The morris clan will become famous soon enough

Hi

We are in Cairns too, Me, Hubby and 4 "darling" sons aged 17, 13, 12, and 9.
The meets are great, unfortunately we have had to miss a couple.
Sorry Bix
Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Hi all, slight change of theme;

Ive been tidying my room out - in anticipation of moving to cairns next year. I have both a badminton and squash racket. Ive been warned that it is exceedingly hot in cairns, therefore, should i take the rackets or not?

- will it be too hot to play sports?
- is there an indoor sport centre with courts?
- are there any new learners (im not great!) clubs?
- is there culture of badminton/squash or is it mainly cricket and rugby??

Im totally clueless! Never been to cairns and never visited australia!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

tiernan will become famous soon enough

there are quite a few indoor rec centres around cairns, you shouldnt have any probs finding somewhere to play wherever you go. Dont worry, we had never been to Oz before either and we are doing ok, both got jobs, cars, house, a bit lacking on the social side due to unsociable work hours but getting there.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 9:41 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I saw a badminton club advertised when I was searching for my kids activities, both of them play a bit so Ihad a look, cant remember where I saw it though.

In fact the only thing I dont think they have is a snooker club for my youngest so his coach here is going to coach him over the net he has prepared coaching manuals and cd's this should be fun
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:12 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cairnsyouthcentre.org.au/...badminton.html

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel...irectory/sport

http://www.cairnsholiday.com.au/Busi...ubs/1CLUBS.htm

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?sourc...e-results&cd=1

http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/cairns/...ecreation.html
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:39 am
aka DORIS

couldn't find me a snooker club for me could you bix, no one else can
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

No.
Not for the want of trying though.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

If you do find one, I be up for a frame or 2 when we arrive.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bix
No.
Not for the want of trying though.
Perhaps we need to start one then!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.