Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough
Default Re: anyone flying out to Oz in october?

OMG aus2be!!!! it's an absolute NIGHTMARE isn't it????? think I'm gonna end up in the same situation as you at this rate!! the bloody picky solicitors are doing my head right in!!!

i just went to the doctors yesterday in the end cos i needed something to get me through it or i'd have ended up an alcoholic!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katamina
OMG aus2be!!!! it's an absolute NIGHTMARE isn't it????? think I'm gonna end up in the same situation as you at this rate!! the bloody picky solicitors are doing my head right in!!!

i just went to the doctors yesterday in the end cos i needed something to get me through it or i'd have ended up an alcoholic!!!

Thankfully its not the solicitor all the paper work is ready with both solicitors but noone can tell us if the survey has been done............You would reckon at this stage in the process that the survey has been carried out.
My hubby got a phone number for the buyer and called him on Monday and he is still interested but he is using a broker so he is going to contact the broker but that was on Monday and we sort of expected a phone call by now to say that the survey was done but the middle of the week again and we are still none the wiser.
To top it off I am in bed for two days as I slipped down the stairs and have fractured my coyccox bone(tailbone) so I am getting more and more uptight and anxious. Its upsetting really.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aus2be
Hi All

Yep we fly out next Sat (18th Oct) One way.

Dublin to Heathrow.Heathrow to Maylasia and then onto Perth

I cant wait I am so excited

Nadine
Thankfully its not the solicitor all the paper work is ready with both solicitors but noone can tell us if the survey has been done............You would reckon at this stage in the process that the survey has been carried out.
My hubby got a phone number for the buyer and called him on Monday and he is still interested but he is using a broker so he is going to contact the broker but that was on Monday and we sort of expected a phone call by now to say that the survey was done but the middle of the week again and we are still none the wiser.
To top it off I am in bed for two days as I slipped down the stairs and have fractured my coyccox bone(tailbone) so I am getting more and more uptight and anxious. Its upsetting really.
Was gunna ask if house was done and dusted but read down and see your still waiting. What a nightmare Nadine how can the solicitors not no if the survey has been done? thats one of the 1st bits of paperwork they get. Hope it all gets sorted for you soon xxx.

Hope your coycox bets better I'm all ways falling down the stairs. Last time I knocked myself out for ages and my little boy still carried on watching the telly didn't even notice just like his father when the tellys on

Hope this house business gets sorted quickly stay in touch

Tina xx
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Was gunna ask if house was done and dusted but read down and see your still waiting. What a nightmare Nadine how can the solicitors not no if the survey has been done? thats one of the 1st bits of paperwork they get. Hope it all gets sorted for you soon xxx.

Hope your coycox bets better I'm all ways falling down the stairs. Last time I knocked myself out for ages and my little boy still carried on watching the telly didn't even notice just like his father when the tellys on

Hope this house business gets sorted quickly stay in touch

Tina xx
Oh Tina I dont know what the crack is with the house AGHHHHHH Im really cracking up.
As I type this Darren is away to the estate agent to have a chat with them AGAIN They really will be as glad as we are to get it sorted I think we have to be the worst clients

Your wee boy just a typical boy then and carries on watchin tv. I fell last Tues and only went to the the emergency doctor on sunday past the pain was quite bad and they say it will take 4-6 weeks to heal

I blame the stress.............and now im trying to get some english speaking person on the phone to cancel my SKY subscription but every time I Call I get someone whose english isnt great................Can you guess that I'm a little stressed he he he he
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

I've just got to the point where I pester them about things - seems it's the only way to get anywhere! That's ridiculous that they don't know if a survey was done - surely the buyer knows, as they would have had to pay for it?!

Sounds like a complete nightmare, specially if you've hurt yourself badly too - hope you feel better soon & the best of luck with it all x
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi
just have to butt in and say hello to you both. we are from the uk and hubby worked at tewkesbury. we live in coolum beach now so small world as they say. all the best.
lorraine.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

I've just got to the point where I pester them about things - seems it's the only way to get anywhere! That's ridiculous that they don't know if a survey was done - surely the buyer knows, as they would have had to pay for it?!

Sounds like a complete nightmare, specially if you've hurt yourself badly too - hope you feel better soon & the best of luck with it all x
We accepted offer on house 6 weeks ago Buyer paid for the survey 4 weeks ago and the surveyor was instructed 3 weeks ago after that we have no idea. App all the buyer being told by the bank is that is is in processing whatever that means

Nadine
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

We accepted offer on house 6 weeks ago Buyer paid for the survey 4 weeks ago and the surveyor was instructed 3 weeks ago after that we have no idea. App all the buyer being told by the bank is that is is in processing whatever that means

Nadine
It's not the Bank of Ireland by any chance? They're also causing me probs!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

It's not the Bank of Ireland by any chance? They're also causing me probs!
LOL

Nope its first trust bank

A right Pain in the bum
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

LOL

Nope its first trust bank

A right Pain in the bum
I think they're all a pain in the bum at tho mo!! I'd personally love to go out & shoot all of the idiots that have screwed up the financial systems at the mo!!

Just had some promising news from my solicitor tho, so keeping EVERYTHING firmly crossed!!!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I think they're all a pain in the bum at tho mo!! I'd personally love to go out & shoot all of the idiots that have screwed up the financial systems at the mo!!

Just had some promising news from my solicitor tho, so keeping EVERYTHING firmly crossed!!!!!!!

Oh Good I hope the news is what you have been wanting to hear

I will keep everything crossed for you

What date do you fly out?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Oh Good I hope the news is what you have been wanting to hear

I will keep everything crossed for you

What date do you fly out?

Thanks, as I will for you!

We go on 29th Oct