Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

lenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nicelenehan101 is just really nice
Default Re: anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Originally Posted by thehowarths
Margy - where did you get your spider catcher?!! Might have to get one!
Hi,
I've lived in Coolum for 2 years and have hardly seen any spiders, certainly nothing big or dangerous anyway.
Had a snake in the garage though...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lenehan101
Hi,
I've lived in Coolum for 2 years and have hardly seen any spiders, certainly nothing big or dangerous anyway.
Had a snake in the garage though...
sorry,just had to laugh at that.... nothing dangerous just a snake!!!!
I think you develop a diff. mentality from the UK in the way you regard the wildlife in Aus.
I used to be nervous of spiders when we left the UK but after a couple of months in Aus. I soon adapted and learned to live alongside the wildlife, its very much you leave it alone they'll leave you alone.
Honestly, please don't worry all you folks about the wildlife, its nothing like as bad as you imagine.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Babsw
Manchester to Brisbane with Emirates via Dubai.
Done the transfer at Dubai three times now...they are builing a masive new terminal....but if you land at the old one..... be prepared for a 3/4 mile dash!
Literally from end to the other.
If you can find a case trolley, you will be lucky, if you have kids...grab a "golf buggy" driver and ask him to take you cos your wife is not well!

And if your flight is delayed, careful where you decide to sit and wait...its usually somebodys bed, so dont be surprised if a guy comes up and starts laying out his blankets under or behind your bench seats!

Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Havent been on for a while.... soooo busy!

We fly on the 25th MAN-DUBAI-BRISBANE cant believe its happening at last!!
Good Luck to everyone else leaving the UK in October

XXX
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

terrier1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm going on 6th Oct from manchester to perth via heathrow and singapore with qantas.

only going for a months holiday, have relatives in perth and canberra and will also be going to cairns, melbourne and sydney.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Hi

We fly on the 8th October from Heathrow to Perth, then on later to Brisbaine.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Mandy
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mi5agent
Done the transfer at Dubai three times now...they are builing a masive new terminal....but if you land at the old one..... be prepared for a 3/4 mile dash!
Literally from end to the other.
If you can find a case trolley, you will be lucky, if you have kids...grab a "golf buggy" driver and ask him to take you cos your wife is not well!

And if your flight is delayed, careful where you decide to sit and wait...its usually somebodys bed, so dont be surprised if a guy comes up and starts laying out his blankets under or behind your bench seats!

thanks for that! Nothing like 3/4 mile dash with five suitcases,hand luggage etc,think I'll be ill before we find the golf buggy man....
I don't know about every one else but i am so chewed up at this end with sorting everything that all I want to do is get to Dubai and sleep around a pool for two days with no phone and email in sight.
Can't believe its soooo close now!!!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isle
Hi

We fly on the 8th October from Heathrow to Perth, then on later to Brisbaine.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Mandy
woah Mandy, we fly on the same day but from Manchester and we are also going to Brisbane. We arrive on the 12'.Where heading North Lakes, where are you off?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Babsw
woah Mandy, we fly on the same day but from Manchester and we are also going to Brisbane. We arrive on the 12'.Where heading North Lakes, where are you off?
Hi
thats a shame we could have had a coffee.
We are going to Hervey Bay, i have heard of North lakes where is that.
Do you have a job to go to.
mandy
Old Sep 27th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Just booked Emirates 28th October from Manchester - Sydney ....and bloody lucky to get a flight!

All economy seems to have gone right through November.... is there something going on in Oz in October that I have missed?

Going business by using a truck load of air miles + cash difference
30kg baggage........ car to collect us....business lounge.......

Anybody thinking I am a smug sod....yep - but its this are face certain misery if OH has to put up with the moron who always sits in front of us and insists on reclining seat all the time - even for meals!
Last one claimed that we infringed his Human Rights, just because we asked politely if he could sit upright while we ate!
I pointed out that we only wanted him to sit up ...not leave the plane in mid air! ... although with hindsight.....
Old Sep 27th 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Just booked Emirates 28th October from Manchester - Sydney ....and bloody lucky to get a flight!

All economy seems to have gone right through November.... is there something going on in Oz in October that I have missed?

Anybody thinking I am a smug sod....yep - but its this are face certain misery if OH has to put up with the moron who always sits in front of us and insists on reclining seat all the time - even for meals!
Last one claimed that we infringed his Human Rights, just because we asked politely if he could sit upright while we ate!
I pointed out that we only wanted him to sit up ...not leave the plane in mid air! ... although with hindsight.....
No not smug just bloody lucky I couldn't get my OH to pay the extra

Have a great flight and think of us in cattle class with the moron in front of us
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isle
Hi
thats a shame we could have had a coffee.
We are going to Hervey Bay, i have heard of North lakes where is that.
Do you have a job to go to.
mandy
no, no jobs-have got every thing else sorted ( just about) but not the biggy!Like you with North LakesI've heard of Hervey Bay but not sure where it is.North Lakes is north of Brisbane, bout 30 kms from city,close to Redcliffe.Good luck with it all!!!!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

don't think you're smug, just envy you!!!
how do you register for air miles?
We booked our seats six weeks ago and struggled to get flights then,the woman in Thomas Cook tried all the airlines,we were in there for ages-probably worse as there are five of us too.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

We had trouble booking flights too so paid for them as soon as we found them, but we booked them for a return as we were validating now we have a offer on the house so unless we can exchange in 4 weeks we will only need one one.

Does anyone know if we can cancell and re book oneway with out loosing to much money??? we fly with Singapore airlines.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steveandtina
We had trouble booking flights too so paid for them as soon as we found them, but we booked them for a return as we were validating now we have a offer on the house so unless we can exchange in 4 weeks we will only need one one.

Does anyone know if we can cancell and re book oneway with out loosing to much money??? we fly with Singapore airlines.
the same happend to us when we went to Adelaide the first time but cathay pacific said we'd left it too close to cancel and get any money back. five of us too!!!I think we had about two weeks notice but ours were right on xmas so at least I felt five people on stand by would get back to UK( not much consolation,I know....).
The other thing is we paid £650 each for single flights six weeks ago so you might not save that much money anyway.If only we'd realised how flights jump up but then we didn't know for def. we could go thhis soon until six weeks ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.