Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Anyone flying out to Oz in October?

We are leaving on the 26th from Heathrow heading to Adelaide sadly due to house not selling we are coming back again on 11th Nov.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 4:47 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Anyone flying out to Oz in October
Yes, we're off on the 24th, to Perth via Singapore.

b
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Hi - we're flying out to the sunshine coast on the 20th! Can't wait but am now getting nightmares about spiders, snakes, cockroaches etc etc - nothing like looking on the worst side, eh?!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Anyone flying out to Oz in October?

We are leaving on the 26th from Heathrow heading to Adelaide sadly due to house not selling we are coming back again on 11th Nov.
Don't worry Tina, you will get there in the end. Just try to think what a fab holiday you are going to have, blue skies, warm sunshine, all those things we haven't seen here this summer.
Old Sep 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Don't worry Tina, you will get there in the end. Just try to think what a fab holiday you are going to have, blue skies, warm sunshine, all those things we haven't seen here this summer.

Oh Sally what are you trying tosay about our lovely English summer

and dont forget all those tanned Ozzie men hmmm
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by thehowarths
Hi - we're flying out to the sunshine coast on the 20th! Can't wait but am now getting nightmares about spiders, snakes, cockroaches etc etc - nothing like looking on the worst side, eh?!
Hi there,

We are living in Bli Bli and are surrounded by a forest on one side and cane fields on the other!!
Only seen one little spider and cane toad, that was until I saw a python and a magpie having a fight in the middle of the road and absolutley freaked!!! I am scared stupid of snakes!!
I was told that you shouldn't drive over them as they wrap around the wheel and come up into the car, no chance am I going anywhere near it even in the car!!!
Where are you staying on the Sunshine Coast? Sweet dreams!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:19 am

Nat12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are flying out on the 29th Oct to Melbourne
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sklinky
Hi there,

We are living in Bli Bli and are surrounded by a forest on one side and cane fields on the other!!
Only seen one little spider and cane toad, that was until I saw a python and a magpie having a fight in the middle of the road and absolutley freaked!!! I am scared stupid of snakes!!
I was told that you shouldn't drive over them as they wrap around the wheel and come up into the car, no chance am I going anywhere near it even in the car!!!
Where are you staying on the Sunshine Coast? Sweet dreams!!
Hi - we are spending our first 5 weeks in a holiday rental on Coolum Beach. We have the 'Rainforest view' villa so i can only imagine the volume of little crawlies plopping onto our balcony! After that, who knows - we are going to try to find an affordable rental in Coolum or surrounding areas but we do have a budget so it may be a problem.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

We fly on 8th Oct from Manchester to Brisbane with Emirates via Dubai.
Can't wait now!!!
Just getting all major stuff sorted and now down to cleaning house, cleaning stuff for container,packing, chucking out etc.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by thehowarths
Hi - we are spending our first 5 weeks in a holiday rental on Coolum Beach. We have the 'Rainforest view' villa so i can only imagine the volume of little crawlies plopping onto our balcony! After that, who knows - we are going to try to find an affordable rental in Coolum or surrounding areas but we do have a budget so it may be a problem.
Yup there are plenty of creapy crawlies in Coolum!!!
I am paranoid about always keeping the screen doors shut!!
What kind of work are you both in?
My husband and I have made quite a few contacts so may be able to help you find a rental as well as other things, check out www.emigratesunshinecoast.com or you can email me on [email protected]

All the best and speak to you soon!!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi there,

OMG...which one won, my monies on the magpie!

Bought myself and my sister (who has just emigrated) a spider catcher for a leaving the UK present. Have been practicing and have caught 2 wasps, a spider and a moth. Not bad but whether it will be up to Australian spiders I don't know. That's coming in the hand luggage with me not the container!

Thanks all

M
Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by margy

Bought myself and my sister (who has just emigrated) a spider catcher for a leaving the UK present. Have been practicing and have caught 2 wasps, a spider and a moth. Not bad but whether it will be up to Australian spiders I don't know. That's coming in the hand luggage with me not the container!

Thanks all

M
Sorry Margy,
I didn't hang around to watch!!!!
I hope your spider catcher is preety big, the huntsmans are massive!!!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

What kind of work are you both in?
My husband and I have made quite a few contacts so may be able to help you find a rental as well as other things, check out www.emigratesunshinecoast.com or you can email me on [email protected]
Hi - thanks for that. We may well take you up on that. My husband is a carpenter joiner and i am/was a website editor. Hopefully though i will get to stay at home and look after our little one while my husband is busy working!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by margy

Thanks all

M
Margy - where did you get your spider catcher?!! Might have to get one!
Old Sep 15th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brainstorm-S...1485749&sr=8-1

Hi All,

We got ours from Amazon, as above. It comes with a plastic spider to practice with. Not sure the real big ones will be accommodating and keep still while I try to catch the devils.

Have tried it out as I said and it works well in the UK but maybe our spiders etc here are sort of the poor relation, slow and a bit thick. When you get our to Australia you get the real deal.

Omg how am I going to cope with them.

Thanks All.

M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.