Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future
Default Re: anyone flying out to Oz in october?

Originally Posted by Babsw
don't think you're smug, just envy you!!!
how do you register for air miles?
We booked our seats six weeks ago and struggled to get flights then,the woman in Thomas Cook tried all the airlines,we were in there for ages-probably worse as there are five of us too.
We started looking on the Emirates site just to check things out... then realized that getting flight was not easy. A snag was that most economy had been booked but business had spaces. BUT, we had to book economy and then contact Emirates to arrange the air miles upgrade.
Ended up calling reservations to see if we could circumvent the economy booking...NO!
So we ended up finding a spot on the 28th Oct..a week later than we assumed we could get a flight!

Air miles depend on the carrier you use...ie BA, Emirates etc,.
First time out we used BA - so good we decided on Emirates for our second trip out....and that's when the air miles started. By luck we were allocated seats 42 -43 or near that, and found that the last 3/4 rows are two seats...nearer the loo and food! Next time out in 2006, we made sure we were booked on those seats and again acquired the air miles.
We had enough air miles for Dubai - Sydney, so we purchased the difference for about £180. With it comes the perks! Car to pick us up, - and according to our daughter this AM..a car at the other end to deliver us to their house!
Not sure what in flight perks come along.....

So, if you plan on doing 2 or 3 flights to OZ..find an airline that offers air miles and check it out...you have to apply for them.
Emirates have different tiers, ours is basis Blue, Next is Silver and I think the silver spoon brigade get Gold.

Until 01/10/08 Emirates allowed 40kg baggage to one way emigrants...
Only Singapore allow this now....so expect them to kick it into touch soon.

Hope that helps........
Old Oct 4th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Littleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nat12
Hi we are flying out on the 29th Oct to Melbourne
We fly on the 29th Oct from LHR on Singspore SQ321.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond reputemilliewoos has a reputation beyond repute

We are flying to Melbourne on the 21st with Cathay Pacific.

Hope it stops raining tomorrow - we were going to try our first ever car boot and try and thin out the amount of children's toys we are taking but it's tipping it down tonight!

Good luck everyone going in October xx
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

We leave Glasgow - Heathrow - Korea - Brisbane on the 27th of October, heading to Germany on 8th for a week to say my goodbyes to my sister and niece first then shippers arrive on the 20th. Can't actually comprehend how much work I have still to do around here.

Good luck to all the October flights!!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Angib
We leave Glasgow - Heathrow - Korea - Brisbane on the 27th of October, heading to Germany on 8th for a week to say my goodbyes to my sister and niece first then shippers arrive on the 20th. Can't actually comprehend how much work I have still to do around here.

Good luck to all the October flights!!
Blimey hope you collecting your airmiles

Lots of us going in October maybe we should all have BE badges in case we bump into each other at the airport
Old Oct 5th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Well we flying out on the 22nd oct

ONE WAY AT LAST!!!

and we validated in May this year, but never mind we had a fab time then on holiday.

Now we going for a new life!!

angiek
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by angiek
Well we flying out on the 22nd oct

ONE WAY AT LAST!!!

and we validated in May this year, but never mind we had a fab time then on holiday.

Now we going for a new life!!

angiek
angie,is that you from june applicants-thought you had gone months ago!!!
thats two of us now from june leaving in oct.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

angiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to allangiek is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Babsw
angie,is that you from june applicants-thought you had gone months ago!!!
thats two of us now from june leaving in oct.
Only thing that kept us back was the house,

all sold done & dusted.

shippers coming in on 14 oct and still working, last day Friday 10th Oct.

So BUSY BUSY BUSY

my social calender is normally nil but been out for the last five weekends!!!

angiek
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Littleuns
We fly on the 29th Oct from LHR on Singspore SQ321.

I'm gonna be on the same flight!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by milliewoos
We are flying to Melbourne on the 21st with Cathay Pacific.

Hope it stops raining tomorrow - we were going to try our first ever car boot and try and thin out the amount of children's toys we are taking but it's tipping it down tonight!

Good luck everyone going in October xx
We are on that flight, well to Hong Kong then we are on to Bali for a month before we head on to Adelaide.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Littleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really niceLittleuns is just really nice

Originally Posted by katamina
I'm gonna be on the same flight!
Where are you heading? We are heading to Perth - feeling the pressure at the moment trying to get all the loose ends closed out, prepare for removals and sell the car. Will be worth while when we feel the heat of the sun.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Anyone flying out to Oz in October?

We are leaving on the 26th from Heathrow heading to Adelaide sadly due to house not selling we are coming back again on 11th Nov.

Hi All

Yep we fly out next Sat (18th Oct) One way.

Dublin to Heathrow.Heathrow to Maylasia and then onto Perth

I cant wait I am so excited

Nadine
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aus2be
[F]Hi All

Yep we fly out next Sat (18th Oct) One way.

Dublin to Heathrow.Heathrow to Maylasia and then onto Perth

I cant wait I am so excited

Nadine
[/FONT]
Hi All,

Nadine, just noticed your from Ballymena, so is my sister-in-law, she's in Perth at the moment on holiday but hopes to come out permanently next year. We fly out on 24th October, my two sisters already there.

Good luck

Thanks all.

M
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Littleuns
Where are you heading? We are heading to Perth - feeling the pressure at the moment trying to get all the loose ends closed out, prepare for removals and sell the car. Will be worth while when we feel the heat of the sun.

We're off to Brisbane Know the pressure feeling only too well - having tons of crap from the buyers solicitor at the mo, so am hoping that it will all resolve itself pretty damn soon - praise the lord for valium!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by margy
Hi All,

Nadine, just noticed your from Ballymena, so is my sister-in-law, she's in Perth at the moment on holiday but hopes to come out permanently next year. We fly out on 24th October, my two sisters already there.

Good luck

Thanks all.

M
Hi Margy
It really is a small world where abouts in Ballymena is your sister in Law from???

Originally Posted by katamina
We're off to Brisbane Know the pressure feeling only too well - having tons of crap from the buyers solicitor at the mo, so am hoping that it will all resolve itself pretty damn soon - praise the lord for valium!!!!
Hi

Any of those valium tablets going free I think I could do with some as well.

We are in the same boat we fly out next sat and contract for house not signed yet Im cracking up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.