Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone fed up with Oz

Wikiposts

Anyone fed up with Oz

Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:10 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone fed up with Oz

Originally Posted by Buttockup
Good to see you haven't lost your animosity towards God's country Arkon. Still hating it, huh? Haven't seen one of your Australian anecdotes in ages. What is wrong with you, man? I trust you're not adapting!
l don't understand why Arkon hates OZ so much but wont leave it or go back to the UK
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:29 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l don't understand why Arkon hates OZ so much but wont leave it or go back to the UK
Never thought I'd find myself defending the bloke ... but ... he has said on other posts that he's trying to sell the small-holding he bought and wants to give other areas of Australia a go first (Melbourne was mentioned). If they don't meet with his approval then he'll return to the UK.

God, I need to go and have a shower now. I feel all dirty.

Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:31 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Never thought I'd find myself defending the bloke ... but ... he has said on other posts that he's trying to sell the small-holding he bought and wants to give other areas of Australia a go first (Melbourne was mentioned). If they don't meet with his approval then he'll return to the UK.

God, I need to go and have a shower now. I feel all dirty.

Go on, get in the shower right now!

I was going to have a nice bath but I cannot be bothered.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:29 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the day of the week for me some days I could set off walking for Nottingham but most of the time im pretty happy with what I have got here. If I could get a social life that was even half as good as back home im sure I would be far happier.

Originally Posted by scoobydoo

Just wondering if everyone is happy in Oz or whether there are some who want to go back to the UK - for what ever the reason?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 10:32 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

The OP's disappeared.

Paul.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 11:35 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
The OP's disappeared.

Paul.
Maybe because this didnt turn into an Aus/UK row and most people here are very happy with the choice they have made.

Probably have better luck with a bit of Aus bashing if this was in the returning to the UK forum.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Good to see you haven't lost your animosity towards God's country Arkon.
Jeez, and I thought it was obnoxious calling it 'the lucky country'
Old Feb 15th 2006, 12:55 pm
SuzieB

blowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by scoobydoo

Just wondering if everyone is happy in Oz or whether there are some who want to go back to the UK - for what ever the reason?
Hi Scooby

In answer to your question, there are a fair few people who are unhappy here and about to move back/considering moving back, including me - and we're all chatting on the Moving Back to UK forum, so you are not alone.
i'll be careful what i say here, because on this forum, its mostly positive - but I've only lasted 6 months and while its a lovely country - i can't wait to get back to the UK.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowers
Hi Scooby

In answer to your question, there are a fair few people who are unhappy here and about to move back/considering moving back, including me - and we're all chatting on the Moving Back to UK forum, so you are not alone.
i'll be careful what i say here, because on this forum, its mostly positive - but I've only lasted 6 months and while its a lovely country - i can't wait to get back to the UK.
Why would you have to be careful what you say. It's your life, not everyone likes the same thing. Majority of people would congratulate you on making a decision, not knock you. The odd ones that would give you grief would probably so the same on the "moving back" forum.

What is it for you, you don't like? just general vibe or something particular, if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Feb 15th 2006 at 2:48 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 1:51 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowers
Hi Scooby

I dont think anyone here is going to be critical of a decision that anyone makes to move back to the UK. Australia is not for everyone and the majority of people here would most certainly be sympathetic to anyone who has given it a fair go.

What does tend to get shouted down is Aus bashing and people who desperately try to blame Australia for them not being able to settle rather than do a bit of honest soul searching when they might not like that answer...

I'm pleased your moving back to the UK. Everyone deserves what makes them happy be that here or there and really hope that you find what you are looking for. We're all different - I found my happiness here.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:20 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you haven't lost your animosity towards God's country Arkon. Still hating it, huh? Haven't seen one of your Australian anecdotes in ages. What is wrong with you, man? I trust you're not adapting!
No not so much adapting as being ground down. Eventually once my mind has been eroded sufficiently I’m sure I’ll love it here. At the current rate of degradation I’m expecting to be brain dead within about another 2 years!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:34 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon
No not so much adapting as being ground down. Eventually once my mind has been eroded sufficiently I’m sure I’ll love it here. At the current rate of degradation I’m expecting to be brain dead within about another 2 years!

Didn't you think of giving Melbourne a go??

I'm not against anyone not settling here, personally I love it but life would be boring if everyone loved the same things.
Its a pity it hasn't worked out on the farm, hopefully you can get things tied up & either move elsewhere in Aus or head back to UK.

I was in a job when I first came to Aus that ground me down until I eventually walked out & I know its a horrible feeling.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:12 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Didn't you think of giving Melbourne a go??

I'm not against anyone not settling here, personally I love it but life would be boring if everyone loved the same things.
Its a pity it hasn't worked out on the farm, hopefully you can get things tied up & either move elsewhere in Aus or head back to UK.

I was in a job when I first came to Aus that ground me down until I eventually walked out & I know its a horrible feeling.
We have now decided to give Brisbane a go once we have managed to sell this place. If that doesn't work out then the next stop will most certainly be back to the UK.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:15 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
If only all things in life were so simple. I wish I had the same attitude as you then all my woes could be solved just by leaving. I don't know what planet you've currently been living on but the one I'm on you can't just turn your back on a million dollar investment. Saying that at the rate this place is screwing me out of my hard earned there won't be much of it left soon.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:19 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
If only all things in life were so simple. I wish I had the same attitude as you then all my woes could be solved just by leaving. I don't know what planet you've currently been living on but the one I'm on you can't just turn your back on a million dollar investment. Saying that at the rate this place is screwing me out of my hard earned there won't be much of it left soon.

Is your property a working one or retirement one Arkon?

Paul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.