Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone else got work related stress today?

Anyone else got work related stress today?

Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else got work related stress today?

Originally Posted by eddie007
Going to head down to point perron with a tin of coke.. Afterall thats why we moved here wasnt it? Not to lie in darkened rooms crying...
Hey did you go? I was down there with two of my boys this morning from about 11 - 1.30pm. Had a climb around the rocks then the boys went up to the gun thing and then we drove to penguin island cafe and had a milkshake, bloody beautiful. ( I am a bad mother and let the youngest have the day off cause it's his birthday )
Old Sep 8th 2011, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Streaks
Hey did you go? I was down there with two of my boys this morning from about 11 - 1.30pm. Had a climb around the rocks then the boys went up to the gun thing and then we drove to penguin island cafe and had a milkshake, bloody beautiful. ( I am a bad mother and let the youngest have the day off cause it's his birthday )
yup, sat on the beach with fish n chips... Diet cherry coke from the english sweet shop, a box of rose flavoured turkish delight (i only ate three pieces) and a copy of a book about Edwina Mounbaton's chinese interpreter's life... And sunnies...

Tomorrow I'm going back to finish the book

If I get out of bed
Old Sep 8th 2011, 7:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

yup, sat on the beach with fish n chips... Diet cherry coke from the english sweet shop, a box of rose flavoured turkish delight (i only ate three pieces) and a copy of a book about Edwina Mounbaton's chinese interpreter's life... And sunnies...

If I get out of bed
Definitely get out bed and go back or go to somewhere else. Bed whilst it seems the easiest is just the wrong place to be.

I'd change the diet though, the coke and turkish delight sound disgusting. Fish and Chips are ok though.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 7:57 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

work is shit...
Old Sep 8th 2011, 7:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
work is shit...
No work is shitter...
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:02 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No work is shitter...
it just gets in the way of nicer things to do....
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by aston
it just gets in the way of nicer things to do....
But no work means no money so some of the nice things to do can't be done. Free nice things can but you generally still need petrol in the car to get to the nice things.

I'll shut up now.

Briefly.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Waking up and forgetting you aint going isnt much fun

Want to be there....

Love the place
Old Sep 8th 2011, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

If I get out of bed
ah ok, you must of gone to the garden island side, we went the other side. Listen, don't suffer on your own - if you're up for some company we could meet up sometime if you're off for a while.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Streaks
ah ok, you must of gone to the garden island side, we went the other side. Listen, don't suffer on your own - if you're up for some company we could meet up sometime if you're off for a while.
That'd be great mate... At the mo its quiet beaches,huge sunnies and a book I'm pretending to be engrossed in so if anyone does walk past they dont see the tears and dont try to engage... Or even acknowledge my existance...

Should be good once HE gets back from Bunnings. I asked HIM to buy me a bag of cement so I can harden the fluck up
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:26 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

have you thought about trying counselling? sometimes it helps if you get a good counsellor, if it's a crap counsellor sometimes getting mad at them helps too
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asher
have you thought about trying counselling? sometimes it helps if you get a good counsellor, if it's a crap counsellor sometimes getting mad at them helps too
Today I'm seeking counselling from the vacuum, dishwasher, steam mop and washing machine..... In the hope that with the house clean and tidy we can spend the weekend, all of us together as a family doing something that doesnt involve any of the former....

He spends a lot of time with them every weekend, perhaps sharing his hobbies and interests will bring us closer together... Help me understand him better

I'll speak to them, see what they say, take their advice... Apparently the steam mop is very good at clearing up mess.... Hopefully it will clean the mess that is my mind right now
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:20 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

try the pressure washer always good for clearing up
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asher
try the pressure washer always good for clearing up
Dont laugh, but to clean our bathrooms I empty them of EVERYTHING and pressure wash them from the ceiling down....

HE complained that it removed loose grout from the tiles, I pointed out that if the grout was loose it needed redoing... And I saved HIM a prep job....

I like pressure washers
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:26 am

Dont laugh, but to clean our bathrooms I empty them of EVERYTHING and pressure wash them from the ceiling down....

HE complained that it removed loose grout from the tiles, I pointed out that if the grout was loose it needed redoing... And I saved HIM a prep job....

I like pressure washers
fab idea, shame ours is a rental and removing loose grout is a bad idea with an inspection looming

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.