Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Old May 14th 2007, 9:47 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone else feeling affected by the abduction of Maddy McCann?

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
I believe in life whatever the impression intended, the truth is the opposite.
So people that get on forums like this and say "all our prayers are with Maddie..............etc etc-its all fake.
They love the drama...they procedurally get on the thread and say they can't believe it has descended to whatever-stir the pot.....and wait for the fun to begin again.
well i posted on post 4 on this thread. i have watched it turn into some sort of debate (tongue in cheek). i have started to post a reply and then deleted it because the whole thread is now utter crap (IMO), and frankly i just cant be bothered to waste my time.

my prayers are still with the little girl, there is NOTHING fake about my thought process, i can assure you. also, if people want to think like that in the belief that it might be good, so what. its better than arguing like silly little school kids.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Some very strong views on this thread. However in my opinion blame is not an option for the parents i would just like this to have an ending where the child is found safe and unhurt.
Old May 14th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
well i posted on post 4 on this thread. i have watched it turn into some sort of debate (tongue in cheek). i have started to post a reply and then deleted it because the whole thread is now utter crap (IMO), and frankly i just cant be bothered to waste my time.

my prayers are still with the little girl, there is NOTHING fake about my thought process, i can assure you. also, if people want to think like that in the belief that it might be good, so what. its better than arguing like silly little school kids.
go girl my thought entirely
Old May 14th 2007, 10:02 am
AlexandNeil

themavia will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ragtag
you know of all the things that have been written on this thread none of it is important the only real thing of importance just now is trying to find the poor little girl and the only person to blame is the person who took her nobody else
Old May 14th 2007, 10:42 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is time to respectfully close this thread and move on to be honest. Obviously this is an emotive issue so I can understand why it has happened but it isnt helping to argue and I just hope they find her soon.
Old May 14th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I was with Brewerboy on a lot of what he posted earlier on, but now it just seems to me like you are stirring things up a bit. The thread seemed to be getting back on topic so why not just leave it at that?

I agree with sleeping beauty and ozzie nurse.
Old May 14th 2007, 11:33 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/
For updates on Madeleine's search. Parents have spoken today in a press conference. They believe she is alive.
Lets send our prayers and support.
Old May 14th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
This thread is now on its last chance.

Can those of you that want to throw insults and generally stuff the thing up please go somewhere else to play, preferably the fast lane of the M4.

Any other thread would have been closed long ago, now lets keep this one on topic and out of the gutter. There is a ban waiting for anyone who blatantly drags it downhill again.
Thanks, Polly!
Even though I'm jumping the gun now still about 6 odd pages to go, but I'd only caught up with this thread and have been sitting through the last 20 pages with itchy fingers more than once...

In light of what had happened I am appalled at the attitude of some posters - there had been a child taken away from her parents - and, whilst the circumstances around it are puzzling at the very least, I personally don't believe that any single one of us is entitled to put themselves in the position to pass judgement. Mind you, having said that, I don't mean to deprieve anyone of stating their opinions on the topic either (a very sensitive one indeed, I have to admit). However, I beg to differ when it comes to confusing one with the other - and it seems to me that this seems to happen on this thread.

I do strongly agree with everyone on here, who stressed that our main concern should be the welfare (however slim the change may seem at this stage) of the poor little'un and that we'd show some compassion for the situation the parents find themselves in right now. I truly believe that they are already punished well beyond what anyone could possibly fathom.

No offense meant - just my 2 cents worth, and grateful for anyone who won't loose sight of this fact either.

Thank you!
Old May 14th 2007, 12:24 pm
Banned

Brewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud ofBrewerboy1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I have to say, I was with Brewerboy on a lot of what he posted earlier on, but now it just seems to me like you are stirring things up a bit. The thread seemed to be getting back on topic so why not just leave it at that?

I agree with sleeping beauty and ozzie nurse.
Actually, I apologise if I offended anyone here and am feeling a bit ashamed to have trivialised this.
Whether or not the parents are to blame or whether or not a black kid would have got the same attention is debatable but none of it is Maddie's fault and she is the principle victim here.
Old May 14th 2007, 4:19 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
This is something else I don't understand (it seems to get worse the older I get) but how will it help anyone if people on a relatively obscure internet forum (sorry Paul and Sue) give positive messages of support to some people none of us know and will never have anything to do with? I'm not being difficult or argumentative honestly I just don't see what help it is to anyone
I understand a few of you have the same feelings and i do understand what you mean but here is my thinking on this.

While ever the McCanns are being thought of in a positive way and being 'well liked' the profile will stay high and the sympathy and determination will help to keep the press and the police on the case.

if people continue to point out the negatives (we all know what i mean) this will end the sympathy towards the parents, people will let go of their determination and the police and press will feel less pressure therefore the case will start to collapse and Madeleine may remain lost.

Although i am not in any way religious and admittedly have not prayed for this child once (as i feel this will not do any good IMO, for those that beleive i think it does them good) i do believe in peer and public pressure and the more pressure put on the authorities the better. I know how easily some people can change their opinion after reading others, so for the sake of Madeleine i think we need to keep things positive.

I hope you understand what it is i'm trying to say as i know its a little rambled.
Old May 14th 2007, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
You're concerned that the bickering has carried on but you'll just inflame it all a bit more anyhow?
No actually I found it quite amusing how the bickering has carried on note the difference.

I wouldn't leave my kids, but some do. I don't like judging others as I wouldn't like to be judged myself on the mistakes I make but I would hope that I learn a lesson from all of them.

It all seems to be fizzling out a bit doesn't it, supposedly they have no new lead and the ones they have supposedly ruled out.

Where do you draw the line when it comes to hope? It's been 11 days now.
Though I think the family have the right attitude of her being safe and well until they have evidence to suggest otherwise.

Jen
Old May 14th 2007, 5:24 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Where do you draw the line when it comes to hope? It's been 11 days now.
Though I think the family have the right attitude of her being safe and well until they have evidence to suggest otherwise.
I think that the hope of an overnight breakthrough is gone.

This will probably be a prolonged search.
Old May 14th 2007, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I think that the hope of an overnight breakthrough is gone.

This will probably be a prolonged search.
thats what i've been thinking.

Old May 14th 2007, 7:04 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brewerboy1
I believe in life whatever the impression intended, the truth is the opposite.
So people that get on forums like this and say "all our prayers are with Maddie..............etc etc-its all fake.
They love the drama...they procedurally get on the thread and say they can't believe it has descended to whatever-stir the pot.....and wait for the fun to begin again.
You are very wrong.

Mods please close this thread - it has completely lost it's way from what was intended.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:06 pm
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

OMG they are searching a villa and police have taken a british man in
I dont want to get my hopes up but please please find her!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.