Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone else, could not survive a week without alcohol?

Old Mar 11th 2010, 1:54 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone else, could not survive a week without alcohol?

Bad i know, but true, you skip in, you cannot slip out, is it you, is it society, is it just your f00ked up past?

History, you carry it, like a dead weight?? Does it contribute??

Keith

Oh yeh after a two day sess, how do yeh kip without it?

Last edited by Keith Moon; Mar 11th 2010 at 1:55 pm. Reason: Pissed
Old Mar 11th 2010, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone else, could not survive a week without alcohol?

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Bad i know, but true, you skip in, you cannot slip out, is it you, is it society, is it just your f00ked up past?

Keith

A week!!!

Are you taking the piss Keith???

Never made it past 24 hours

But I dont have a problem once I get a few in to help me sleep

Paddy
Old Mar 13th 2010, 12:13 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

A guy I know who used to really hit the turps started a group called Hello Sunday Morning. Now he travels around talking about the group to schools and other groups about the problems of alcohol.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...morning?ref=ts
Old Mar 13th 2010, 12:41 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Keith

All of the above.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:16 pm
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

ha ha, I've give up drinking in the week for lent!!! Not the best idea I've had considering I've just dealt with shippers, now I've got flights and everything else to sort aswell as 2 kids to look after, all on my own!!!!! Hubby already in oz, I really look forward to Fridays now to unwind LOL
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I think I could If I put my mind to it.... Did it for 8 months on a health kick about 7 years back.

Trick is to start drinking later in the evening. I only drink weekends anyway, because night shift and drinking equates to feeling really crap at work. Spent two whole days pissed around Feb13/14th . Started around 11am on both days, and spent about 600 bucks on booze up in Sydney so I know I can still binge with the best of them, enough for me to put it on the back burner. Last night I had about 5 or 6 stubbies at the most and thats enough for this Weekend. BTW 6 Dollar Magners at Paddy Maguires in Sydney.

I reckon I'm one of those people that booze doesnt affect to much.... whereas the weed is really bad news for me.

A League grand final next week.... I'll probably start midday Saturday.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:54 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Can't remember the last time I had a drink during the week, the hangovers are just too horrendous and isn't worth it. God I really miss those Thursday evening after work sessions though! Have been on a health kick and not had a drink since middle of January but feel that this may be coming to an end very shortly, I find the non-drinking very anti-social.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can quite easily and often do go weeks without a sniff of alcohol. If I do have a drink it's one beer or one vodka with mixer and never every night. Just don't see the point.

This may not go down well but it's my opinion that if you are drinking every night there is something 'wrong' in your life. It's a crutch and if you're happy, fit, healthy etc etc etc you don't need a crutch. I am generally horrified by the amount people 'say' they drink on this forum. Obviously what they say and what they do are two different things but if you're an adult then boasting about the amount you drink is just as scary as the amount some of you appear to drink.

I find it odd but then it takes all sorts so my opinion is kind of irrelevant

Disclaimer: 'you' in the above post is strictly general and not aimed at anyone in particular. I don't know the majority of you so have no idea what you drink and what you don't.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:16 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I can go out and drink myself silly if the mood takes me, I can have just one or two glasses with dinner, or I can go weeks without a drink - in the past I've gone 6 months at a time after realising I was drinking way too much (oh those hedonistic 80s!).

I've recently been to a couple of AA meetings with a friend who really needed to go but couldn't bring herself to do it alone. Hearing people share their stories - some of whom have been in the programme for nearly 40 years - has definitely made me think twice about having the odd emotional or stress-busting drink.

If I thought I couldn't take or leave it, I would definitely take steps to leave it, permanently.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

12 yrs n about 6mths. yep so dont even bother asking.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't drink alcohol, neither does my husband. So "surviving a week without alcohol" is not a problem for us

I feel sorry for people who *have* to drink.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:08 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My previous post reads as a bit smug - sorry, it's not meant that way at all. I am genuinely glad I can take or leave it, and very sad for my friend who says she wishes she could be more like me and do that too. (At least now she has admitted she can't.)

My husband doesn't drink much at all, which makes it all the easier for me than in previous relationships. Leaving the expat-wife lifestyle I had in Singapore helps too.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:09 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

only when my nails are realy long
Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:14 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Keith

Moony! I was watching a doco about you last night ... Amazing Journey, The Story Of The Who ... very good it was.

I did all of last week without a drop of booze ... it was getting a bit of habit so I enforced the lesser-seen 'moderate' rule.

The first night without meant I was up until 3am ... on a Monday morning ... not ideal ... then I was so knackered on Monday night I slept REAL well.

Back on it on Friday, I'll have a couple tonight to help me drift off into the land of nod and then none all week again. Dropping daughter off at school with one or two too many under the skin is not a good look ...

History and all that baggage contributes to what I am, and, at the end of the day, I like who I am, for all my faults.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 4:51 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Keith

I'd been doing quite good cutting back until a major relapse this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.