British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Anyone bought the "Bourne Identity" DVD recently? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/anyone-bought-bourne-identity-dvd-recently-645514/)

Wol Dec 20th 2009 9:19 am

Anyone bought the "Bourne Identity" DVD recently?

Just asking!

I bought the three disc set of Bournes today in Woolworths (You know, the fresh food people who sell apples with brown, pappy centres) and the disc came to a grinding, stuttery stop halfway through.

I went back and changed it - and the new one did exactly the same thing at the same point.

I reckon the master was corrupt, and I'm just interested to see if anyone else has had the same experience?

billymacker Dec 20th 2009 9:37 am

Re: Anyone bought the "Bourne Identity" DVD recently?

Originally Posted by Wol (Post 8186716)
Just asking!

I bought the three disc set of Bournes today in Woolworths (You know, the fresh food people who sell apples with brown, pappy centres) and the disc came to a grinding, stuttery stop halfway through.

I went back and changed it - and the new one did exactly the same thing at the same point.

I reckon the master was corrupt, and I'm just interested to see if anyone else has had the same experience?

the one's i downloaded work ok

Amazulu Dec 20th 2009 10:41 am

Just asking!

Buy a DVD? Who does that anymore?

Sally Simpson Dec 20th 2009 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 8186844)

:o

spartacus Dec 20th 2009 8:02 pm

What's a DVD?

Does this Bourne Identity come on Betamax?

sasbear Dec 20th 2009 8:13 pm

Just asking!

I have the set and mine is ok

Wol Dec 21st 2009 12:01 am

Originally Posted by sasbear (Post 8187697)
I have the set and mine is ok

At last! A sensible and useful answer <g>.

I took back the second one this morning and got a refund. I think the master must have been corrupted - although thinking about it, the DVD *did* have alternate endings and suchlike: perhaps that screws up some players.

Wol Dec 21st 2009 12:03 am

About twenty people for that title in the 24 hrs that it took for me to return the second disc :p

moneypenny20 Dec 21st 2009 1:38 am

I buy dvds :unsure: They are generally ex rentals from the video shop because I object to paying full price for something I can get for a fraction of the price a few weeks later. I've had a few 'not legal' dvds courtesy of a friend but I don't feel comfortable about them. Does that make me weird?

Rhetorical, no need to answer ;)

I was looking at that set but I already have 1 and 3 so just looking for 2 as an ex rental. Great films.

DunRoaminTheUK Dec 21st 2009 5:09 am

Originally Posted by spartacus (Post 8187680)
What's a DVD?

Does this Bourne Identity come on Betamax?

I have the entire Bourne Trilogy on an 8GB USB Data-drive, shoved up the terminus of my alimentary canal (as a pleasurable alternative to encryption.....)

kporte Dec 21st 2009 5:57 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK (Post 8188477)
I have the entire Bourne Trilogy on an 8GB USB Data-drive, shoved up the terminus of my alimentary canal (as a pleasurable alternative to encryption.....)

The Bourne Suppository?