Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone any good with Dreamweaver??

Anyone any good with Dreamweaver??

Old Dec 17th 2005, 7:14 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone any good with Dreamweaver??

I know this probably isn't the place to ask but I am a bit stuck with Dreamweaver! I have a largish logo at the top of my proposed webpage, into which an animation has to sit. The only way I can find to do it is to insert a layer, put the animation in it & then position it over the part of the logo that is has to go over. Great - everything looks fine until you make the browser window smaller and the layer changes position to compensate..... AARRGGHH!!!! Its driving me nuts! Does anybody know how i am best inserting this animation in so it doesn't do this????

Claire
x
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:34 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone any good with Dreamweaver??

Instead of layers I use tables to keep images etc still and you can put the size as pixels or % so it should work with it. I use dreamweaver all the time to build and upkeep my site.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:42 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Instead of layers I use tables to keep images etc still and you can put the size as pixels or % so it should work with it. I use dreamweaver all the time to build and upkeep my site.
thanks for that - in that case my next question is how do i get the animation over the logo???????? I have tried merging the 2 and saving as a GIF but it loses all the animation..........

This is a screen shot of what I mean.....
and this is the animation.......
Attached Thumbnails Anyone any good with Dreamweaver??-untitled.png  
Attached Images  
Old Dec 17th 2005, 9:47 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Use absolute positioning for your DIV rather than relative positioning.
Old Dec 17th 2005, 10:30 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Use absolute positioning for your DIV rather than relative positioning.
What he said.

Don't resort to tables, stick with the CSS.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 7:59 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Alternatively remake the animation using your logo too, if you have taken the logo from somewhere else and cant isolate each frame, break it down in ? (I have forgotten the prog, but I have done it several times) then insert your animation as one larger animated gif.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 11:45 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Alternatively remake the animation using your logo too, if you have taken the logo from somewhere else and cant isolate each frame, break it down in ? (I have forgotten the prog, but I have done it several times) then insert your animation as one larger animated gif.
that was my thought too but i cannot find a program to do it
Old Dec 18th 2005, 9:38 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
that was my thought too but i cannot find a program to do it
GIF Animator 5 would do it, but I've never been able to make it work under XP and they've stopped supporting it now. ImageReady would do it too though, without the bells and whistles.
Old Dec 18th 2005, 10:12 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by Hutch
GIF Animator 5 would do it, but I've never been able to make it work under XP and they've stopped supporting it now. ImageReady would do it too though, without the bells and whistles.
ta very muchly!