Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anybody looking to share/lodger?!

Anybody looking to share/lodger?!

Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of
Default Anybody looking to share/lodger?!

Hi everybody,

Well some of you have probably read my post/story regarding my 1st crack at Aus (Sunshine Coast) with the x, so am looking to come back-thinking maybe the Gold/South Brisbane area this time-more industry (im an engineer) and hopefully more people/friends to make/meet, etc- if you get my drift! lol

Anyway, does anybody know of anybody who may be willing to share/ a lodger, possibly?

Worth an ask...let pl let me know if that sounds like you-as it would be good to have the security of knowing I may have somewhere sorted..as I already have a car with friends on the Sun Coast..

Jamie.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:09 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody looking to share/lodger?!

Originally Posted by CHELSEAJAMIE
Hi everybody,

Well some of you have probably read my post/story regarding my 1st crack at Aus (Sunshine Coast) with the x, so am looking to come back-thinking maybe the Gold/South Brisbane area this time-more industry (im an engineer) and hopefully more people/friends to make/meet, etc- if you get my drift! lol

Anyway, does anybody know of anybody who may be willing to share/ a lodger, possibly?

Worth an ask...let pl let me know if that sounds like you-as it would be good to have the security of knowing I may have somewhere sorted..as I already have a car with friends on the Sun Coast..

Jamie.
I'll share your lodger with you!! Is she fit?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
I'll share your lodger with you!! Is she fit?
Comedian! lol
Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Comedian! lol
I was a lodger at college and I hated it because you don't get your own space.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolineW
I was a lodger at college and I hated it because you don't get your own space.
On the plus side though, you can get company, support and a social network, if you want all those things. I used to like sharing when I had a big bedroom with my own TV, that way I could choose to have my own company when I needed it. When I shared & had a box room, I just went out a lot!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:04 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

Jamie.

I'm sure someone posted a link not so long ago about houseshares website. Might be worth a wee search.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by esperanza
On the plus side though, you can get company, support and a social network, if you want all those things. I used to like sharing when I had a big bedroom with my own TV, that way I could choose to have my own company when I needed it. When I shared & had a box room, I just went out a lot!
Sharing a house with college friends was fine but it was the initial 2 terms in "digs" I hated.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I shared flats for the first couple of years after I arrived. It is, without doubt, the best way to get to know people. If you pick your flatmates right you can slot into a ready-made social group and you need never be alone - unless you want to be.

If Brisbane/Gold Coast is anything like Sydney, there are hundreds of flat-share ads in the Saturday papers. The SMH here has pages and pages of ads for flatshares all over the city.