Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anybody got a BMW motorbike?

Wikiposts

Anybody got a BMW motorbike?

Old May 7th 2008, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anybody got a BMW motorbike?

http://www.brainsweb.co.uk/uploads/the-wrong-bike.wmv

I hope you like it more than this fella, hahahaha

Jazzys
Old May 7th 2008, 7:45 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody got a BMW motorbike?

No, no thats my GS under the tarp outback. Its someone elses. Yeah thats right.

Very amusing though. Although I would agree about the BMW bikes after owning one for a few years. Next time I'd buy a Honda!
Old May 7th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Honda or Triumph every time!
Old May 7th 2008, 1:13 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Honda's are much more reliable in my experience love the clip

Last edited by asher; May 7th 2008 at 1:21 pm.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

Hilarious

Do BMW bikes really have such a bad rep? The BMW F800s is on my list of bikes to test before upgrading in a month or so, along with these:

Buell SB 9SX
Buell XB 9R
Speed Triple 675
Daytona 675se
Aprilia Shiver 750
Old May 8th 2008, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Gobbledegeek
Hilarious

Do BMW bikes really have such a bad rep? The BMW F800s is on my list of bikes to test before upgrading in a month or so, along with these:

Buell SB 9SX
Buell XB 9R
Speed Triple 675
Daytona 675se
Aprilia Shiver 750
I had a 1150GS for 5 years until about 18months ago when our son was born. It was easily the most enjoyable bike I have had to ride (out of XJ600, FZR600, CBR600, VFR750) but the build quality was was one of the poorest. Front of the engine casings and the front forks corroded quite badly and it was always washed before being put back in the shed......

Hoping to buy another one in Oz when the finances allow as hopefully the climate will be more gentle on it.......... saying that I have just remembered the servicing costs.Phew!

Maybe the F800GS will be worth a look and potentially more viable off road on some of the gravel tracks I hope to ride when I get out there. Saying that I quite fancy a Triumph!
Old May 8th 2008, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gobbledegeek
Hilarious

Buell SB 9SX
Buell XB 9R
Speed Triple 675
Daytona 675se
Aprilia Shiver 750
I should have said Street Triple 675 and not Speed Triple 675. Sorry if there was any confusion, I was.......tired
Old May 8th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Unbelievable, no one has said the King of motorcycles, SUZUKI