Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anybody from Geelong?

Anybody from Geelong?

Old Nov 3rd 2007, 10:58 am
Just Joined

AMBERJADE78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody from Geelong?

Hi, can anybody give me an insider view of Geelong? Thinking of moving there, and would like to know what it is really like,
Emma
Old Nov 5th 2007, 2:22 am
Just Joined

cazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody from Geelong?

Hi Amberjade

Been in Highton, Geelong for 22 months. Geelong is a good place to live, reasonably close to Melbourne and so close to the Great Ocean Road and some great beaches, 15-20 minutes.
All that you could need really, shopping, lots of indoor/outdoor sports activities, good schools.
I am not working at the moment but OH is very busy, people we have met have all found jobs even if not in their trade and seem happy.

Any more questions just ask.
Cazzy
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:24 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AMBERJADE78
Hi, can anybody give me an insider view of Geelong? Thinking of moving there, and would like to know what it is really like,
Emma
Top place Emma

It attracts good quality people and has a good mixture of employment and family beaches/parks.

We must come over for a Britvics meet in Geelong this summer
Old Nov 5th 2007, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Emma
I'm from Geelong. There are worse places in the world. Winters can be pretty cold.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Top place Emma

It attracts good quality people and has a good mixture of employment and family beaches/parks.

We must come over for a Britvics meet in Geelong this summer
Hi, when and where is the britvics meeting?
Old Nov 5th 2007, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I'm from Geelong. There are worse places in the world. Winters can be pretty cold.
Hi, are you by any chance an australian doctor? How cold are the winters? As long as they are milder than UK winters (winter lasts about 9 months in the UK!) than I can handle it...
Old Nov 5th 2007, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, are you by any chance an australian doctor? How cold are the winters? As long as they are milder than UK winters (winter lasts about 9 months in the UK!) than I can handle it...
I'm studying to be a doc

Yes, the winters are milder. It doesn't get dark as early as the UK during winter, but nor is it as light for as late in summer.
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Emma

GREAT PLACE MY SISTER LIVES ON THE HENDY MAIN ROAD NOT FAR FROM WARREN PONDS AND WE LOVED IT SO MUCH AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO GET THERE
KARENXXX
Old Nov 5th 2007, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
GREAT PLACE MY SISTER LIVES ON THE HENDY MAIN ROAD NOT FAR FROM WARREN PONDS AND WE LOVED IT SO MUCH AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO GET THERE
KARENXXX
Warn Ponds? Cute little tennis club there....well, it used to be, 20 yrs ago before all of the new developments sprung up.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Warn Ponds? Cute little tennis club there....well, it used to be, 20 yrs ago before all of the new developments sprung up.

oops sorry about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i knew what i meant