Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:15 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anybody ever been hypnotised?

Does anyone know if hypnotism works for giving up smoking?
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:25 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
not sure, but have you tried looking into those pills you can get? know a few who have tried them and it seems to be working for them. ask your doc's.

never mind. not sure if they are available in OZ. Sorry
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I was for the first time the other day.....don't quite know what to make of it ?!
i know, strange feeling isint it,your not sure whether it is going to work,

WELL IT DID FOR ME ! havent touched a fag since !

It really is strange, not what i expected, all i did was sit in a big comfy chair and shut my eyes and she calmly spoke to me and you are still aware of your surroundings, it felt like being in a deep sleep and waking up but not being able to move, a bit like a dead weight (you can move if you really want) but if your relaxed and letting the hypnotherapist talk you through it then you feel really heavy like your being weighed down (not in a dangerous way...its hard to explain)

But 7yrs later and i would not touch a cigerette !
sarah
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to allsarahlou is a name known to all

YES it did for me and would recommend it
Old Nov 19th 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

folic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond reputefolic has a reputation beyond repute

Re: quitting smoking ...

Encouraged by the above posters' success to try it myself ! Thank you
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:06 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Hello guys,
i am a hypnotist amongst other things and am hosting a 'stress at christmas' workshop with all proceeds to the 'heartkids' charity for children with congenital heart defects. This is a charity close to my own heart as my daughter was born with a major heart defect. You will have fun, learn tools to help you cope with whatever your particular stresses are and more importantly, will be helping the kids
It is scheduled for Saturday 1st December.
Pm me for more details
Angie
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:31 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I did hypnotherapy before I came out and have done it on and off since I came here, original plan was to start own business but ended up back on the tread mill instead.

Have found local supervision group hard to find anyone interested in making our own expats one?

Most of the local groups want you to do their course first, which I don't need to do as I've checked up and our UK quals still valid in QLD at least.

Originally Posted by spartacus
I did a similar course a while back also, and practiced as a hypnotherapist for a couple of years previous to coming out to Oz. So yes I have been hypnotised.

Andy
Originally Posted by don544
i did a clinical hypnosis course 2 years ago as part of my job.
my wife now loves house work and can't say no!!
Originally Posted by Gonnago
I started a course in 'hypnobirthing' this week - the idea that i can work with my clients, they get into a hypnotic state and feel no pain in labour. still a bit sceptical at this stage but the relaxation techniques are fantastic.

She tried to hypnotise me at the end of the class but It wouldnt work, or rather I wouldnt 'give myself up' to her, I felt to vulnerable, maybe in time it may work but im not an easy target.
Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
Hello guys,
i am a hypnotist amongst other things and am hosting a 'stress at christmas' workshop with all proceeds to the 'heartkids' charity for children with congenital heart defects. This is a charity close to my own heart as my daughter was born with a major heart defect. You will have fun, learn tools to help you cope with whatever your particular stresses are and more importantly, will be helping the kids
It is scheduled for Saturday 1st December.
Pm me for more details
Angie
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:40 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Over thinkers are more resistant but with patience can still be done you just have to tweek the methods. Some people are so suseptable it's unbelievable you wouldn't even get your fingers clicked and they'd be gone.

Stage hypnotists are very good at ‘reading’ people. Some people respond more readily to direct or indirect suggestion (being told what to do), and they’re able, very quickly, to whittle an initial group of thirty or so participants down to a handful who are open to being hypnotised, suggestible, imaginative and potentially entertaining.

There’s also a lot of ‘unspoken contract / agreement’ stuff going on as well. The initial selection process can be done in lots of different ways ranging from a straightforward “Who wants to be hypnotised?” through to seemingly indirect selections based on frisby / ball throwing. The end result is the same; a group of people who ‘want’ to be hypnotised.

Wanting to be hypnotised isn’t quite enough. Everybody has the ability to be hypnotised, some just take longer than others. The stage hypnotist sorts the ‘wheat from the chaff’ so to speak and ends up with a group of suggestible, imaginative individuals who’ve already indicated their wish to be hypnotised, and so are.

Stage hypnosis is for entertainment only and as such is totally different to clinical hypnosis or hypnotherapy.

Andy
Originally Posted by don544
having done a course, the way we use to put people 'under', takes a bit of time, and if the the 'patient' is resistent to suggestion, it does not work!
really don't no how stage hypnotist's 'SEEM' to be able to click their fingers and hypnotize some one.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:46 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

was hypnotised re a spider phobia a couple of years ago, can shift pretty big spiders now in fact had a pretty one in the house yesterday and put it outside no probs but still have a thing for the huntsman cant understand why really? because part of the course was to hold a tarantula.

and I've come across 3 of the buggers since we've been here

did the Paul Mckenna stop smoking cd stopped for 3 months but started again.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 8:57 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Hi Anna
i have sent you a pm.
I am organising a study group and have a couple of others already on board. You are quite welcome to join us
It will include hypnosis (direct & indirect techniques), nlp and other connected stuff including spiral dynamics.
Any others who have experience are welcome to join us.
Angie
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Demeter
was hypnotised re a spider phobia a couple of years ago, can shift pretty big spiders now in fact had a pretty one in the house yesterday and put it outside no probs but still have a thing for the huntsman cant understand why really? because part of the course was to hold a tarantula.

and I've come across 3 of the buggers since we've been here

did the Paul Mckenna stop smoking cd stopped for 3 months but started again.
For phobias give something called TFT (Thought Field Therapy) a try. Very effecive. No hypnosis needed, just learn the different tapping sequences for the phobia you're suffering from, can work almost instantaneously.

Why are you still afraid of Huntsman? Maybe because thay operate in a different way to a tarantula; fast and unpredicatable as opppossed to slow and ponderous.

Andy
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Have found local supervision group hard to find anyone interested in making our own expats one?
I think I'd be interested in that Ann.

Andy
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gonnago
I started a course in 'hypnobirthing' this week - the idea that i can work with my clients, they get into a hypnotic state and feel no pain in labour. still a bit sceptical at this stage but the relaxation techniques are fantastic.
I bought a book on that while I was pregnant, listened to the CD, read the book, practiced....

Complete waste of time, as soon as labour started I never gave it all a second thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 19th 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I would say it would IF you are in the mindset of actually wanting to give up, no point trying unless you are 100% committed.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 11:14 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

For phobias give something called TFT (Thought Field Therapy) a try. Very effecive. No hypnosis needed, just learn the different tapping sequences for the phobia you're suffering from, can work almost instantaneously.

Why are you still afraid of Huntsman? Maybe because thay operate in a different way to a tarantula; fast and unpredicatable as opppossed to slow and ponderous.

Andy
Hi thank you sounds good, will try and find out more about it.

I really dont know why? i just think its the size of them and yes they are bloody fast all those legs going UGH .. all I know is before we came away I'd stopped 'looking' for spiders a thing that phobics do but now i'm looking again and it pees me off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.