British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Anybody else..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/anybody-else-643852/)

kporte Dec 7th 2009 12:47 pm

Anybody else.....

.....fraking hate Christmas?:lol:

fairwayskid Dec 7th 2009 12:59 pm

Re: Anybody else.....

I am with you on that one.

BA HUMBUG!!!!!!

Paddy:thumbup:

herrchook Dec 7th 2009 1:02 pm

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year;)

kporte Dec 7th 2009 1:05 pm

I hate it more every year. Had hoped to escape it here but they still get all excited by it. You are forced to take part :sneaky:

paulry Dec 7th 2009 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by kporte (Post 8154593)
I hate it more every year. Had hoped to escape it here but they still get all excited by it. You are forced to take part :sneaky:

Yeah. Same old.

kporte Dec 7th 2009 1:37 pm

I hereby declare this the humbug thread, for having a whinge about the commercial juggernaut that is Christmas!!!

Dorothy Dec 7th 2009 2:41 pm

We're not having Christmas this year. The old man and I have decided that we will buy things for ourselves/each other when and if there is something we need or want and do not need any particular day set aside for it. Our daughter has said that rather than buy her Christmas presents she would like to go to Canada for her 16th birthday in August so that's what we're doing. With the money we save not buying crap for the sake of buying for each other we're going to take a trip to visit family, with stops in New York and San Francisco on the way there and London and Dubai on the way home.

I'm another non-Christmas type. Hate the music (where's the puke smilie?), hate the crowds, hate the fakeness of it all, hate the having to buy $10 "gifts" for people at work because you're part of a secret santa. Just hate all of it!

kporte Dec 7th 2009 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8154785)
We're not having Christmas this year. The old man and I have decided that we will buy things for ourselves/each other when and if there is something we need or want and do not need any particular day set aside for it. Our daughter has said that rather than buy her Christmas presents she would like to go to Canada for her 16th birthday in August so that's what we're doing. With the money we save not buying crap for the sake of buying for each other we're going to take a trip to visit family, with stops in New York and San Francisco on the way there and London and Dubai on the way home.

I'm another non-Christmas type. Hate the music (where's the puke smilie?), hate the crowds, hate the fakeness of it all, hate the having to buy $10 "gifts" for people at work because you're part of a secret santa. Just hate all of it!

Hurrah!!!:thumbsup: Secret Santa is $30 at my work. Bastards.

spartacus Dec 7th 2009 2:46 pm

Seconded. The last couple of years I've found myself particularly disliking Xmas carols . . . the words are just plain daft.

moneypenny20 Dec 7th 2009 2:49 pm

With the money we save not buying crap for the sake of buying for each other we're going to take a trip to visit family, with stops in New York and San Francisco on the way there and London and Dubai on the way home.

Hells teeth, how much do you spend on Christmas? :eek: The amount I spend wouldn't get the four of us to Sydney, let alone a trip like that :blink:

Dorothy Dec 7th 2009 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8154807)
Hells teeth, how much do you spend on Christmas? :eek: The amount I spend wouldn't get the four of us to Sydney, let alone a trip like that :blink:

The old man got a nice redundancy package from his employer, so that's paying for the tickets. The spending money is what we would have spent on pressies.

Usually we do one big thing ($200 or so) each then the usual little stuff - pjs, socks & undies, books, etc.

renth Dec 7th 2009 2:54 pm

I love Christmas.

Next year my boy starts at an Anglican school so we'll get proper Christmas carols again which will make a nice change from all the government school secular Christmas stuff they sing at the moment.

The Mrs bought a huge turkey the other day. Can't wait...

kporte Dec 7th 2009 3:07 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by renth (Post 8154819)
I love Christmas.

Next year my boy starts at an Anglican school so we'll get proper Christmas carols again which will make a nice change from all the government school secular Christmas stuff they sing at the moment.

Humbug!

moneypenny20 Dec 7th 2009 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by renth (Post 8154819)

Jeez, it'll be rancid by the 25th :eek:

Cheetah7 Dec 7th 2009 3:17 pm

Love Christmas, I think its as fake as you make it.

Give your cards/good wishes and presents with sincerity and it isnt fake. If I dont like someone then they dont get a car, I buy Mr PP a pressie and thats it.

In fact, I have a set of reindeer antlers at home that I shall be wearing at work and we are decorating reception - cant wait.:lol: