British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Any substitute product for CIF?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/any-substitute-product-cif-671441/)

vlooi Jun 7th 2010 2:39 pm

Any substitute product for CIF??

This is the cleaning product in its yellow bottle with the spraynozzle. It is simply the best cleaning product in the UK, but after 18 months in Oz, I still can not find something similar that matches my CIF. It is excellent for bathtub marks, stoves etc. Marks and dirts I was not able to remove with handy andy or any other cleaning products, were removed by my CIF!

Any ideas/suggestions?

quoll Jun 7th 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Any substitute product for CIF??

Have you tried Jif? Supposed to be made by the same folk and the bottles look quite similar (the cream cleaners not the power clean though)

cresta57 Jun 8th 2010 12:11 am

Originally Posted by quoll (Post 8617838)
Have you tried Jif? Supposed to be made by the same folk and the bottles look quite similar (the cream cleaners not the power clean though)

Lol & I thought Jif changed it's name to Cif in the U.K maybe it will here in 30 years time;)

LouiseR Jun 8th 2010 12:33 am

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 8618241)
Lol & I thought Jif changed it's name to Cif in the U.K maybe it will here in 30 years time;)

They did but only because the Europeans couldn't say Jif! So it must've stayed as Jif outside of Europe :)

jad n rich Jun 8th 2010 2:01 am

Originally Posted by vlooi (Post 8617078)
This is the cleaning product in its yellow bottle with the spraynozzle. It is simply the best cleaning product in the UK, but after 18 months in Oz, I still can not find something similar that matches my CIF. It is excellent for bathtub marks, stoves etc. Marks and dirts I was not able to remove with handy andy or any other cleaning products, were removed by my CIF!

Any ideas/suggestions?

Used that spray in UK at xmas, fantastic stuff:thumbup: never seen anything here that even touches it though. Jif in OZ is just a creme cleanser, like gumption:rofl: me gran used to use.

Dont know whats isn that CIF stuff, but its sure works.

TiddlyPom Jun 8th 2010 6:14 am

Get the Orange Power stuff. Envo friendly too.

And your house smells like oranges too. :sneaky:

lonndongeek Jun 8th 2010 8:47 am

Originally Posted by vlooi (Post 8617078)

Any ideas/suggestions?

Put 1 part white vinegar, 1 part water and a good dash of washing up liquid into a spray bottle.

Cheers

Steve

Sass73 Jun 8th 2010 9:28 am

I got the purple bottle of kitchen degreaser and it works wonders everywhere. I think it's a Bam product.

eddie007 Jun 8th 2010 9:55 am

i use Oz Clean products... EXCELLENT and a lot cheaper than I used to find them in the uk.... wonder why that is?:blink:

northernbird Jun 8th 2010 1:03 pm

I also use Orange Power products. Fantastic and better than anything I used in the UK.

jothefw Jun 8th 2010 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 8618392)
Used that spray in UK at xmas, fantastic stuff:thumbup: never seen anything here that even touches it though. Jif in OZ is just a creme cleanser, like gumption:rofl: me gran used to use.

Dont know whats isn that CIF stuff, but its sure works.

Love Gumption! (It's even available in my tiny supermarket here :thumbup:) And if you have an Enyo rep nearly I can highly, highly recommend their Marble Paste - costly to buy but lasts for literally years as you need such a little bit.