Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for a Financial/Tax Advisor?

Any recommendations for a Financial/Tax Advisor?

Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Just Call Me Jack will become famous soon enoughJust Call Me Jack will become famous soon enough
Default Any recommendations for a Financial/Tax Advisor?

We are moving to Brisbane in October and are currently looking for a Financial/Tax advisor who has knowledge of both the UK & OZ. We are considering Andrew Collett from GOMathilda. Has anyone got any other recommendations please!?
Old Mar 26th 2010, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any recommendations for a Financial/Tax Advisor?

Originally Posted by Just Call Me Jack
We are moving to Brisbane in October and are currently looking for a Financial/Tax advisor who has knowledge of both the UK & OZ. We are considering Andrew Collett from GOMathilda. Has anyone got any other recommendations please!?
I think you mean Alan Collett .
Old Mar 26th 2010, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Just Call Me Jack will become famous soon enoughJust Call Me Jack will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
I think you mean Alan Collett .
Yes! Sorry!! Thank you for pointing that out!
Old Mar 29th 2010, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

faye123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - we are also looking for a financial advisor. Moving to Brisbane in June - just wondered if you had used Alan Collett?

Thanks!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Any recommendations for a Financial/Tax Advisor?

Originally Posted by faye123
Hi there - we are also looking for a financial advisor. Moving to Brisbane in June - just wondered if you had used Alan Collett?

Thanks!
Hi Faye,

Yes we have decided to use Alan Collett. Haven't received any advice yet but all has gone smoothly so far. Good luck with your move! Wish we were going sooner. I hate the wait.

Mel
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:20 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Just Call Me Jack;8459311]Hi Faye,

Yes we have decided to use Alan Collett. Haven't received any advice yet but all has gone smoothly so far. Good luck with your move! Wish we were going sooner. I hate the wait.

Mel[/QUOTEH

Hi there,

Emailed him last night and he referred us to his southampton branch - will let you know how we get on! Where do you think you will go in Brisbane? Just looking at the moment. We are a family of four - two kids (four and two) so looking to be close to beach, Brisbane and good school. What about you?

Faye
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:34 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=faye123;8459321]
Hi Faye,

Mel[/QUOTEH

Hi there,

Emailed him last night and he referred us to his southampton branch - will let you know how we get on! Where do you think you will go in Brisbane? Just looking at the moment. We are a family of four - two kids (four and two) so looking to be close to beach, Brisbane and good school. What about you?

Faye
We are looking at the area around Samford as we love the countryside and Ferny Grove station is only 10 minutes away, with a 25 minute commute into the city. We have a 7 year old daughter, who loves horses and we are taking our 2 labradors with us.

We spent a couple of weeks looking around in January. We stayed in Redcliffe, which is said to be an 'up and coming' area. Can't say it was our cup of tea but ... We also went further south and visited friends on Coochie Mudlow island. The coast line down there seemed very nice!

Keep in touch!

Mel x
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:13 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Just Call Me Jack;8459345]
Originally Posted by faye123
We are looking at the area around Samford as we love the countryside and Ferny Grove station is only 10 minutes away, with a 25 minute commute into the city. We have a 7 year old daughter, who loves horses and we are taking our 2 labradors with us.

We spent a couple of weeks looking around in January. We stayed in Redcliffe, which is said to be an 'up and coming' area. Can't say it was our cup of tea but ... We also went further south and visited friends on Coochie Mudlow island. The coast line down there seemed very nice!

Keep in touch!

Mel x
We are looking around that area too! May be we can meet up when you come out - will keep in touch x