Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any recommendations for a dvd to watch?

Any recommendations for a dvd to watch?

Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:05 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Any recommendations for a dvd to watch?

I watched The Brothers Grimm today. I really enjoyed it though I love fairy tales.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Stella340
We just watched 'Awake' (Jessica Alba) which was pretty good and 'Cleaner' (Samuel L. Jackson)
Yeah ... just finished watching the cleaner and don't bother, it wasn't brill
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:30 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Never saw the oz version but will check it out
You have to be a fan of Australian humour though. The producers of "Strange Bedfellows" took the US producers to court and sued for plagiarism, as it was released before "Chuck and Larry". Don't know how they got on. For synapse http://www.impactservices.net.au/mov...bedfellows.htm

Personally, I'm getting tired of the Hollywood mode of a/ making seqel #xxxx, b/ transferring comic book characters/cartoons and tv shows to the screen (with over the top special FX), and c/ remaking classic movies from the '50s and '60s over and over again. Obviously they haven't got any imaginitive writers and producers anymore.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:40 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Elizabeth the golden age is a good film
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:15 pm
a bit nearer

darendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nicedarendon is just really nice

you may have missed American gangster, out early this year.
very very good and great performances by Denzil Washington and Russell crowe. True story as well.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Typical blood thirsty scot
Short attention span ! My wife is into period costume dramas. If it doesn't have a lot of noise, a car chase and at least a handful of machine guns then it's probably not for me. Syriana being the exception - it completely lost me.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Kenny. Very funny.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:53 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Short attention span ! My wife is into period costume dramas. If it doesn't have a lot of noise, a car chase and at least a handful of machine guns then it's probably not for me. Syriana being the exception - it completely lost me.
then Elizabeth the golden age will be great for your wife and hitman should suit you down to the ground unless you want pointless violence in which case watch shrooms
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Brisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud ofBrisbane bound has much to be proud of

We decided to go to the Arthouse section and got This is England and La Vie en Rose. Both acquired tastes but we both thoroughly enjoyed both very much especially La Vie en Rose. An amazing story about Edith Piaf's life. Today, we will be watching Blood Diamond.
Agree totally about Kenny, very funny. Also enjoyed Death at a Funeral, slap stick fun.
Oh where has the sun gone??? We will soon run out of films to watch. I'm back at work Wesnesday so pretty safe to say the sun will appear then!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Gobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of lightGobbledegeek is a glorious beacon of light

Ichi the Killer
Into the Wild
Untraceable
Run Fat Boy, Run
All or Nothing
Azumi

I'm going to watch Teeth tonight.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound
We decided to go to the Arthouse section and got This is England and La Vie en Rose. Both acquired tastes but we both thoroughly enjoyed both very much especially La Vie en Rose. An amazing story about Edith Piaf's life. !
Ah thanks for reminding me! I have been wanting to watch that one but keep forgetting about it.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Ah thanks for reminding me! I have been wanting to watch that one but keep forgetting about it.
The Simpsons Movie!

The Bourne Ultimatum

Die Hard 4.0

I've got them all on DVD, haven't had a chance to watch the last two. I'm sure they're very good, the boxes look very nice

The Simpsons Movie is like a very funny very long episode of the Simpsons.

JTL