Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any one else tried facebook?

Wikiposts

Any one else tried facebook?

Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:04 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any one else tried facebook?

Originally Posted by stu:0
hi sorry it's katy, i'm on oh's login....i got on facebook before i left n it's brill....we're from a smallish town and all my friends are on it....it's soooo easy to keep in touch with everyone n share pictures!!
thought there was a big thing about it the the news because it can be used to get peoples details which you can then use for ID fraud?
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
thought there was a big thing about it the the news because it can be used to get peoples details which you can then use for ID fraud?

Don't know. I signed up but can't see what all the fuss is about.

I find it pretty crap, they didn't have the school I went to - or any of the places of work I've had either. Not talking about little companies either, they were all International companies.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Wendy
Don't know. I signed up but can't see what all the fuss is about.

I find it pretty crap, they didn't have the school I went to - or any of the places of work I've had either. Not talking about little companies either, they were all International companies.
morning wendy,

i'm sure they did. It put me off the whole thing entirely. NAMES, DATE OF BIRTH AND AREA can all be used for ID fraud. Big thing at the moment, costing banks a huge ammount (when they eventually pay)
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

morning wendy,

i'm sure they did. It put me off the whole thing entirely. NAMES, DATE OF BIRTH AND AREA can all be used for ID fraud. Big thing at the moment, costing banks a huge ammount (when they eventually pay)

Yes, there's a lot of it about. It seems to be happening more frequently in Australia now as well.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:25 pm

Yes, there's a lot of it about. It seems to be happening more frequently in Australia now as well.
i don't know what all the fuss is about these type of things. Didn't like the people I went to school with then, why on earth would i talk to them now? the ones i did like we use to use this thing called a telephone and royal mail.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i don't know what all the fuss is about these type of things. Didn't like the people I went to school with then, why on earth would i talk to them now? the ones i did like we use to use this thing called a telephone and royal mail.

Must admit, I didn't like that many people I went to school with either. But I am a nosey bugger and would like to know where they all are and what they do
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit, I didn't like that many people I went to school with either. But I am a nosey bugger and would like to know where they all are and what they do
Without actually having to speak to them of course Just typed in my old school and whilst there were 300 plus names there, they all appeared to be about 17 Lost interest
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:25 pm

fair enough
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

I'm into it at the mo -only to contact mates in the UK as only been here a few weeks, did have a ex contact me with a mail saying no hard feelings just deleted him!
You can hide your date of birth etc.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by emmyjc1
I'm into it at the mo -only to contact mates in the UK as only been here a few weeks, did have a ex contact me with a mail saying no hard feelings just deleted him!
You can hide your date of birth etc.
he only said that for a free hol
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:47 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Any one else tried facebook?

I'm on it...

I'm not even vaguely interested in the people I went to school with, but Facebook is great for staying in touch with all my Aussie mates and relatives.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

I think if anyone is silly enough to put details such as mothers maiden name-they are cruising for a bruisin'!!!! They only time i use my mothers maiden name for security is my main bank account. All the others I use a password that the companies think is my mothers maiden name. Its like anything else...if you use it carefully it can be a lot of fun.

My OH wont try it-I never got into myspace. Friends reunited was a good idea but you have to pay a fee to contact old friends.

I am suprised on how many of my old school friends are thinking about or have started the process of emigrating to Australia.....Is Australia really becoming a 'brain drain'? (the start of a new thread!!!)
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I think its brilliant to be honest, I'm not on it as much as I think I could, but when I am I have an absolute laugh.

I am having a war between a couple of old mates, we are trying to out do one another with cheesy pics from our school days, its getting quite nasty, but soooo much fun.

I am even a friend of someone on here..........
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

cool!!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flossie22

My OH wont try it-I never got into myspace. Friends reunited was a good idea but you have to pay a fee to contact old friends.

:
I had an email from friends reunited not so long ago saying you didn't have to pay anymore. Don't know if that's true, because I've not tried to contact anyone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.