Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any one else tried facebook?

Wikiposts

Any one else tried facebook?

Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any one else tried facebook?

After much resistance...I have been convinced to join facebook...so that when I finally get to Aus I cab keep in touch wiv my ol'mates.

I think its great-I have caught up wiv lots of school friends. I have heard bad things about it-what do you think? Have you given it a try??
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one else tried facebook?

Originally Posted by flossie22
After much resistance...I have been convinced to join facebook...so that when I finally get to Aus I cab keep in touch wiv my ol'mates.

I think its great-I have caught up wiv lots of school friends. I have heard bad things about it-what do you think? Have you given it a try??
What is it
Old Aug 27th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

flossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of lightflossie22 is a glorious beacon of light

It is a web site-a bit like friend re-united. You register and look for friends that have joined...then you link up wiv them. You can catch up and see each other photos. You can protect you profile by only letting people see what your info by limiting my agreed friends. try it-google facebook.com It covers people all over the world
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:04 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

There was a thread on here about that a while ago if you do a search
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I bloody love it! Addicted to it I'm afraid
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm obviously missing something. I'm signed up but I don't get it, can't see the point of it and get very confused when someone pokes me, sends me a garden or asks me some random question. A total pile of poo in my humble opinion
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

I only joined Facebook a couple of weeks ago, as a friend back in the UK pointed it out to me. I had never heard of it til' then, but am slowly getting addicted to it! I've already been 'poked' by people I used to work with, & other friends I lost touch with. Funny that it took me til' I got over here to be able to catch up with them all though! Maybe I seem a little more interesting now that I am so far away! OH doesn't see the point of it though, he just says to email pics through to the people I want to see them, but it's a bit of fun for me....!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

It's just another craze. First it was Piczo, then it was Myspace, now it's Facebook..........all the same.

If you enjoy looking at yourself and others looking at ya, then they are all good.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:43 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in need of a few more friends to pock and slam dunk.

As I can't trace my old buddy's, because facebook doesn't work on my bigpond email address.:curse:
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It's just another craze. First it was Piczo, then it was Myspace, now it's Facebook..........all the same.

If you enjoy looking at yourself and others looking at ya, then they are all good.
Waaay better than myspace IMHO - I have both. Only those who you are friends with can see your profile on facebook, and you have to accept the friend request to enable that (so you can refuse it if you don't wish to be in contact with the person!!), whereas all and sundry can see your profile on myspace (i suppose you could set it to private but it's not the norm).

I've caught up with loads of people from school etc through facebook, I love it! And you can put all your pics on there without having to email all and sundry. Each to their own tho!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So if only your friends can see you, how do you find old friends?

My daughter has Myspace and it's private, the same with all her friends, except one. Maybe it's because they're teenagers and got stressed mothers panicking about dodgy sleeze bags on the internet
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
So if only your friends can see you, how do you find old friends?

My daughter has Myspace and it's private, the same with all her friends, except one. Maybe it's because they're teenagers and got stressed mothers panicking about dodgy sleeze bags on the internet
You search for someone, they come up & then you 'poke' them, which sends them an email requesting whether or not to accept you. Pretty sure that's right - as above only been on it for a week or so, so still learning!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:50 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I know the owner of facebook turned down an offer for 6billion$ for it
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't have my town, therefore no school etc. Total cheapo mince
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:46 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

hi sorry it's katy, i'm on oh's login....i got on facebook before i left n it's brill....we're from a smallish town and all my friends are on it....it's soooo easy to keep in touch with everyone n share pictures!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.