Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any nuritionists out there

Wikiposts

Any nuritionists out there

Old May 29th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any nuritionists out there

I have a question for ya.

Jazzys
Old May 29th 2009, 2:17 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nuritionists out there

I think there is one on the forum but why not ask the question anyway and see how much rubbish we all tell you?
Old May 29th 2009, 2:24 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

what do you need to know ?
Old May 29th 2009, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

no, but i'd love to go back to uni and be one

what is the question?
Old May 29th 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

OK OK, here we go.
I had a conversation with a nutritionist friend the other day and she mentioned about certain foods being better for you depending on your blood group.
Well apparently potatoes don't like me, but i wanted to know what the consequences are of me eating potatoes. Does it mean i will gain weight easier than someone who is a different blood group.

She also said i shouldn't eat wheat. But i don't know why.

Any ideas?

Jazzys
Old May 29th 2009, 6:13 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Google "Eat Right for your Type".
Old May 29th 2009, 6:57 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

As far as I know, this theory hasn't been backed up by any scientific evidence. I'd be interested to see what proof is around for this. I'm a little skeptical, but I know that nutritional science is still developing.
Old May 29th 2009, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

The lady who told me about it does a regular thing on the telly in brisbane, a program called Extra which is on at 5.30pm monday nights.
She's a well qualified nutritionist and seems to know her stuff, i'd be very suprised if it was all a load of rubbish after spoken to her about it.

There's plenty on google about the subject but what i want to do is eat the right foods and NOT lose weight. It all seems to be about eating the right foods in order to lose weight.

I don't want to lose or gain any really

Jazzys
Old May 30th 2009, 1:07 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
The lady who told me about it does a regular thing on the telly in brisbane, a program called Extra which is on at 5.30pm monday nights.
She's a well qualified nutritionist and seems to know her stuff, i'd be very suprised if it was all a load of rubbish after spoken to her about it.

There's plenty on google about the subject but what i want to do is eat the right foods and NOT lose weight. It all seems to be about eating the right foods in order to lose weight.

I don't want to lose or gain any really

Jazzys
You could follow her advice. Potatoes are terrible things from a nutritional point of view as are most grains, wheat being one of the worst.

I dont eat breads or grain and never potatoes, pasta etc. I do have some Wholegrain Oats though, they are not too bad. So instead of empty high GI starch, you replace it with fats which are neutral in effect in terms of blood sugar levels. More nuts (almonds especially), olive oil, real full fat Newmans dressings, avo's and more meats, fish etc. Never look at a fat free label again lol.

Adding in extra (good) fats to diets is used by some athletes and bodybuilders in boosting calories if you need them. It's also incredibly healthy for you. By keeping away from those things your not really going to be eating too much which will jack up your blood sugar levels, so more energy during the whole day amongst the whole host of other benefits.

So whilst I don't know about the blood type voodoo specifically it really wouldnt be a bad thing. Good luck with it. You should let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 11:59 pm
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

OK OK, here we go.
I had a conversation with a nutritionist friend the other day and she mentioned about certain foods being better for you depending on your blood group.
Well apparently potatoes don't like me, but i wanted to know what the consequences are of me eating potatoes. Does it mean i will gain weight easier than someone who is a different blood group.

She also said i shouldn't eat wheat. But i don't know why.

Any ideas?

Jazzys
Had a chat with a friend of mine who's a nutritionist and he's working with other nutritionists at the CSIRO on the next government official advice on diet, which is due out later this year. My friends pretty alternative and receptive to most things, but I asked him about this and he's already looked into it, and says the "eat right for your blood group" thing is a load of bobbins.
Apparently the CSIRO have also investigated it and says it doesn't make any sense...
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmmmm very interesting.

Well firstly let me say that i don't really have an alternative to potatoes, so i just can't give them up. FULL STOP. It just can't happen.

I have cut out eating 4 wheatbix on a morning.

As far as the blood group voodoo goes, i have to say the lady i spoke to seemed very smart and certainly knew her stuff. So much so that she is the nutritionist on channel 9's extra show in brisbane.

She certainly seemed convinced by it all anyway, and to be fair, she convinced me too.

Jazzys
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm very interesting.

Well firstly let me say that i don't really have an alternative to potatoes, so i just can't give them up. FULL STOP. It just can't happen.

I have cut out eating 4 wheatbix on a morning.

As far as the blood group voodoo goes, i have to say the lady i spoke to seemed very smart and certainly knew her stuff. So much so that she is the nutritionist on channel 9's extra show in brisbane.

She certainly seemed convinced by it all anyway, and to be fair, she convinced me too.

Jazzys

If we are after an answer and someone is persuasive/convincing/enigmatic enough they can probably convince of us anything
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hebe
If we are after an answer and someone is persuasive/convincing/enigmatic enough they can probably convince of us anything
Are you trying to say i've been gullible?

To be fair, there is plenty of stuff on the internet about blood group diets.

Just because we haven't heard it before doesn't mean it isn't true

Jazzys

Last edited by jazzys; Jun 4th 2009 at 3:22 pm. Reason: added more information
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:01 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to say i've been gullible?

To be fair, there is plenty of stuff on the internet about blood group diets.

Just because we haven't heard it before doesn't mean it isn't true

Jazzys
What does the average nutritionist know about the immune system? Bugger all I reckon, from the sound of this.

If you have the antigen B on you blood cells then your body does not make antibodies against antigen B. Right? If you don't have antigen A on your blood cells then your body might make antibodies against antigen A. Right?

Now, you body will make antibodies against antigen A if antigen A makes it into your body somehow, and it turns out that it does. By the time you eaten your first dozen meals of milk you've been exposed to antigen A. You make anitbodies to it and then antigen A is wiped out by antibodies when it enters your system.

However, antigen A is actually harmless to humans anyway, our bodies just make antibodies to it becaues it is a molecule recognised as non-self. Right? In the case above, if you eat food with antigen B you don't make antibodies against it because you have b antigens on your blood cells. Right?

So, in effect, the A and B antigens are completely harmless. The problem is if you introduce blood cells with a b antigen into a person who has b antibodies. Then you get a huge immune response to the blood.

It has nothing to do with food.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Burbage
What does the average nutritionist know about the immune system? Bugger all I reckon, from the sound of this.

If you have the antigen B on you blood cells then your body does not make antibodies against antigen B. Right? If you don't have antigen A on your blood cells then your body might make antibodies against antigen A. Right?

Now, you body will make antibodies against antigen A if antigen A makes it into your body somehow, and it turns out that it does. By the time you eaten your first dozen meals of milk you've been exposed to antigen A. You make anitbodies to it and then antigen A is wiped out by antibodies when it enters your system.

However, antigen A is actually harmless to humans anyway, our bodies just make antibodies to it becaues it is a molecule recognised as non-self. Right? In the case above, if you eat food with antigen B you don't make antibodies against it because you have b antigens on your blood cells. Right?

So, in effect, the A and B antigens are completely harmless. The problem is if you introduce blood cells with a b antigen into a person who has b antibodies. Then you get a huge immune response to the blood.

It has nothing to do with food.
Maybe she isn't your AVERAGE nutritionist.

I really don't have any opinions one way or the other as to whether its all a load of rubbish or not. i have an open mind about it and i have seen a lot of websites that say it is a valid and worthwhile subject and i have people on here telling me its voodoo and a load of old tosh.

I know that if you google "blood group diet" there are over 2 million results.
Would there be 2 million results for something that wasn't worthy of debate, i don't know?

Jazzys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.