Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any horsey people emigrating?

Any horsey people emigrating?

Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:15 pm
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice
Default Any horsey people emigrating?

Just wondering?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

Choice will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any horsey people emigrating?

Originally Posted by poppie
Just wondering?
horsey and emigrated to Melbourne 3 years ago - can I be of any use to you ?
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Horsey as in likes horses or horsey as in Camilla and looks like horses?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

My wife's a doggy person . . . is that any help?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:33 am
Just Joined

sandiep has a spectacular aura aboutsandiep has a spectacular aura aboutsandiep has a spectacular aura about

We are Melbourne and daughter has a horse if that any use?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

In Manduarh and my wife rides horses and is looking for somewhere to ride
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

daveandhelen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by poppie
Just wondering?
Hi there, I'm a bit 'horsey'. I see you're location states you're in West Sussex I'm in East Sussex. I'm emigrating in April 09.
H
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:24 pm
I'm no dog

poppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nicepoppie is just really nice

Camilla look a likes
No, I meant - having horses!
Does anyone compete? Showjumping/eventing?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:25 pm
I'm no dog

Originally Posted by sandiep
We are Melbourne and daughter has a horse if that any use?
Do you have your own land? Does she compete? Are there bridleways or something similar?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 9:25 pm
I'm no dog

Originally Posted by Choice
horsey and emigrated to Melbourne 3 years ago - can I be of any use to you ?
Do you have horses or compete?
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

sandiep has a spectacular aura aboutsandiep has a spectacular aura aboutsandiep has a spectacular aura about

No we dont have own land yet and we are having to move her horse as agistment facilities are closing, as many have recently. she is only 10 and doesnt yet compete but I think there is a place in Pillars Road, Keysborough that agists competetive horses and helps train etc. Keysborough is around 15k out of Melbourne
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

You will find lots of opportunities to compete here... and plenty of trail riding. Not cheap though keeping horses here, esp if there is a drought horse feed goes through the roof. My aunty has 6 horses and spends $800/week on feed, hay etc then the farrier is $60-80 a go.

My daughter really wants another horse but NO way - I still remember swallowing, inhaling far too many flies and insects whilst riding as a teen urggh.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

I'm thrilled to say I have recently bought two horses. We have 11 acres for them but they mostly seem to like hanging out on the back lawn.

I'm not so thrilled to say that I managed to strain a bum ligament while struggling with their hooves. I can get around a bit better now though, but no chance of riding for a while.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

We do have horse trails but as all land is private land unlike the UK where you have common paths etc riding is restricted. There are a lot of pony clubs around and eventing is big. I live on the Mornington Peninsula on the Western Port side which is horsey country and there are a lot of Equestrian Centres around. One of our Olympic team runs one not far from me.

Lot of stud farms here and also agistment properties.

So it really depends where you settle.

I used to ride as a child and young person but did not encourage my children as the costs are so big looking after horses.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

I have had horses for quite a few years here and its been a major part of my life, my daughter's too.
I am moving in Feb, planning on Hervey Bay area and would be keen to find out if there's much horsey activity round there.
I don't compete, used to a bit but too much of a woose now!
Also don't bounce so well!
I fancy trailriding and getting involved in some kind of social horsey group.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.