Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any financial advisors on here to give me advice

Wikiposts

Any financial advisors on here to give me advice

Old Jan 24th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Any financial advisors on here to give me advice

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone on here knows about selling a unit-linked endowment policy.
I have got a surrender amount from them, but I was wondering if I would be better to sell it on.

I did contact a company today but they said they could not touch it because it was unit-linked.

I guess my question is - does anyone know of any companies who would buy this type of policy.

Thanks in advance.
Shabee
x
Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of
Default Re: Any financial advisors on here to give me advice

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone on here knows about selling a unit-linked endowment policy.
I have got a surrender amount from them, but I was wondering if I would be better to sell it on.

I did contact a company today but they said they could not touch it because it was unit-linked.

I guess my question is - does anyone know of any companies who would buy this type of policy.

Thanks in advance.
Shabee
x
I put the following term into google and it come up with a number of possibilities "traded endowments uk".

Top three links were:

http://www.1stPolicy.co.uk
http://www.surrendalink.co.uk
http://www.aap.co.uk

Not a recommendation of course

HTH
Darren
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aus2be
I put the following term into google and it come up with a number of possibilities "traded endowments uk".

HTH
Darren
Thanks for that Darren will go and contact them.
x
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

aus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud ofaus2be has much to be proud of

You're welcome.

They may be correct regarding a Unit Linked policy as you may just have to accept the fund value. If it was say a With Profit policy with a guaranteed final bonus or maturity value then they could potentially offer a different surrender value as they would know exactly what they would be getting at the maturity date.

Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, Darren

I dont know anything about the type of police I have but on the top of the statement it says

Unitised with-profits & unit-linked funds statement.

Its really a problem deciding is just to keep it going as an insurance policy or to get rid.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi, Darren

I dont know anything about the type of police I have but on the top of the statement it says

Unitised with-profits & unit-linked funds statement.

Its really a problem deciding is just to keep it going as an insurance policy or to get rid.
On this type of policy there is usually not a great deal of life assurance attached to it, it is predominantly an investment contract with a small amount of Life Assurance attached. Some questions to be asked of the provider could be:
  • What is the Sum Assured (amount to be paid on death - life assurance aspect)
  • Current annual bonus
  • Previous 3/5 years annual bonus history
  • Current Terminal Bonus
  • Current Fund value (Surrender value - Terminal Bonus)
  • Is there a Guaranteed Terminal Bonus or Surrender value
  • Can they provide a projected benefits statement (this will give you what the policy may return at maturity/10 years given either 2 or 3 different annual returns. Though if there is a very low or zero annual bonus how much is this projection actually worth?)

Darren