Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any expats follow aussie rules?

Any expats follow aussie rules?

Old Dec 28th 2012, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any expats follow aussie rules?

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!
Ah the supposedly English team notorius in the fact that they were the first to field a team of totally non English players.

Back to your ground/library guys

Back to thread.... wish I could have got into Aussie Rules.... would have made my first 22 years of trying to follow a football code bearable.

Thank gawd for the A league.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 3:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Ah the supposedly English team notorius in the fact that they were the first to field a team of totally non English players.

As much as I'm a gunners fan, I'm also a pragmatist. Football is a business, and has been for many many years. These businesses can employ whomever they like from within the EU, and anyone from around the world seems to have no problem getting a visa to play football. None of teams are 'English' as such, (in fact are there even any English owners??), they just happen to play in the best league in the world - which happens to be in England - which happens to result in some very tired days for me when I get up in the middle of the night to watch a match!
Old Dec 28th 2012, 6:02 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights
Oh your a Hawks fan then
Actually.......it's Collingwood.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Back to thread.... wish I could have got into Aussie Rules.... would have made my first 22 years of trying to follow a football code bearable.

Thank gawd for the A league.
I thought that was Chelsea
Old Dec 28th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucas_Dad
Tell her the choice is obvious. Santa wears red & white because he supports Arsenal too. Supporters of other teams either get crap prezzies or ignored altogether, and she now has a full year to sort out her allegiance or suffer the consequences. This is a life decision and no joking matter. It won't be crap prezzies for just one year - it's EVERY year.

At least until she stops believing in Santa.

At that point you explain it makes good business sense because Wenger likes to develop his teams and not have some corrupt billionaire throw money at them to buy 'talent' (feel free to quote Torres). Whilst all the other top teams are probably no more than two weeks from going bankrupt (you don't need evidence, 'bankrupt' is a strong enough word on its own) the Arsenal is a team that delivers financial stability year after year.

And if that fails.... try the naughty step?? Not a minute for every year - a hour for every year - with a portable DVD player playing "Gareth Bale's Greatest Dives" on loop. Let's face it, there would not be many, if any, loops over the course of 8 hours.

She watches Arsenal more than any other team as she usually watches with me but she has got it into her head that she should support a different team from me and her Dad(Chelsea) for some strange reasonShe does not like Man United or Liverpool and would not dare to support SpudsI will keep working on her.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:42 am
Permanent Resident

Laights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of lightLaights is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Actually.......it's Collingwood.
Never mind, can I ask if you are an exception to the rule and have all your own teeth
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:44 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Laights
Never mind, can I ask if you are an exception to the rule and have all your own teeth
I have lost a couple at the back, so they don't show. I don't have a mullet and I can complete a whole sentence without swearing.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
I thought that was Chelsea
We've got it as this game here....

Arsenal was the first team in the Premiership to field all non English players against Crystal Palace on Monday, 14 February 2005 at Highbury during the 2004-2005 English Premier League season. Arsenal won the match 5-1.

here are Arsenal's all foreign players line-up that day:
1 Jens Lehmann (GERMANY)
22 Gael Clichy (FRANCE)
18 Pascal Cygan (FRANCE)
12 Bisan Lauren Etame Mayer (CAMEROON)
28 Abib Kolo Toure (COTE D'IVOIRE)
17 Eduardo Cesar Daud Gaspar @ Edu (BRAZIL)
7 Robert Pires (FRANCE)
4 Patrick Vieira (FRANCE)
10 Dennis Bergkamp (NETHERLANDS)
14 Thierry Henry (FRANCE)
9 Jose Antonio Reyes (SPAIN)

substitutes:
24 Manuel Almunia (SPAIN)
20 Philippe Senderos (SWITZERLAND)
15 Francesc Fabregas Soler (SPAIN)
16 Mathieu Flamini (FRANCE)
11 Robin Van Persie (NETHERLANDS)
Old Dec 28th 2012, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond reputeLucas_Dad has a reputation beyond repute

Arsenal was the first team in the Premiership to field all non English players against Crystal Palace on Monday, 14 February 2005 at Highbury during the 2004-2005 English Premier League season. Arsenal won the match 5-1.

1 Jens Lehmann (GERMANY)
22 Gael Clichy (FRANCE)
18 Pascal Cygan (FRANCE)
7 Robert Pires (FRANCE)

substitutes:
I think that may have been the last time we won any silverware too?
Old Dec 29th 2012, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

1 Jens Lehmann (GERMANY)
22 Gael Clichy (FRANCE)
18 Pascal Cygan (FRANCE)
7 Robert Pires (FRANCE)

substitutes:
Arsenal was the first squad but Chelsea was the first starting xi against Southampton on 26 Dec 1999.