Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any divers/snorkellers used...

Wikiposts

Any divers/snorkellers used...

Old May 26th 2008, 9:37 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice
Default Any divers/snorkellers used...

prescription dive masks and are they any good?
Old May 26th 2008, 10:36 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any divers/snorkellers used...

Originally Posted by ivorfatarse
When I learnt to dive, my dive instructor used a pair and reckoned they were pretty good. It was better than trying to see without glasses. Can't help with costs etc, but they are a good idea if you need specs and want to dive.
Old May 26th 2008, 11:28 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Not used them but starting to think about it. I hate contact lenses but may have to grin and bear it as the cheap option. I would get my eyes lasered if I could be 100% certain about safety and success rate. But failing either of those that may be an option in the future. I don't imagine it is cheap though.
Old May 27th 2008, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by worzel
Not used them but starting to think about it. I hate contact lenses but may have to grin and bear it as the cheap option. I would get my eyes lasered if I could be 100% certain about safety and success rate. But failing either of those that may be an option in the future. I don't imagine it is cheap though.
had my eyes zapped 11 years ago , best thing I ever did !!! didn't hurt at all which was the best part, bit of a wooz
Old May 27th 2008, 9:48 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

A bloke in our U.K dive club had a bifocal lens in his mask. He bought online from a company in California. Used to cost him about £100 delivered to U.K.
I can email him for the website address.
Old May 27th 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Same concerns about the laser here.

I (and the wife as well) have dive masks with prescription lenses. Although the lenses available are quite simple (no cylindrical etc, just straight +/- ) it is a great thing when you can actually see well under water.

Got ours in a supermarket in KL in Malaysia, japanese TUSA brand, full choice of lenses available (I need different ones for each eye), fitted in 3 minutes in the shop.

Can not remember exactly how much did it cost but it was less than double the cost of mask with normal lenses.

One of the best things I have ever bought.
Old May 27th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

I had my eyes lasered in February and had no problems. I had a high prescription and astigmatism that they would normally not operate on but for my freakishly thick cornea. I've had no problems and snorkelling is much improved now I can actually see things.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:11 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

Originally Posted by cresta57
A bloke in our U.K dive club had a bifocal lens in his mask. He bought online from a company in California. Used to cost him about £100 delivered to U.K.
I can email him for the website address.
thanks cresta57, they are for the OH ,yesterday she went to specsavers and they have quoted £70.these are usually the cheapest for my specs so i think she may get them from there.Thanks for your help though
Old May 27th 2008, 10:52 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks cresta57, they are for the OH ,yesterday she went to specsavers and they have quoted £70.these are usually the cheapest for my specs so i think she may get them from there.Thanks for your help though
At that price you'd be mad not to get them, does the second pair free still apply?