Reload this Page >

any advice greatly appreciated

Wikiposts

any advice greatly appreciated

Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

rach_and_doc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question any advice greatly appreciated

we have an agent, although what good he is doing i have no clue, as i am finding more out reading your posts than he has told me
We are hoping to go to Brisbane in July, husband has been accepted on a 2 year course at Moreton TAFE starting 21 August. We have 4 children, and have contacted the schools in the Ferny Grove area and all is good, although the schools say its fine to just go there and register them when we get there, with visa number, passports etc. BUT our agent, says that we have to pay the fees before we can apply for the visa!!! If he had mentioned this a tad earlier, then we could have budgeted for it, but as is now, we will have to sell house and monies from that are to pay the schools.....so this is my dilemma as we stand.
If anyone can advise me on these following q's i'd be really chuffed
1) how long after application does it take to get said visa which in our case is Student visa 572.
2) How soon can you get into australia
3) Who do we pay school fees to??
4) Will kids be able to start school earlier than husband's college course?
5) If we have to sell house earlier than anticipated (which looks to be the only way) will have to deal with change of address etc :scared:

sorry this post is so long, but have just tried to contact Agent, and he isnt available
which is a bit scary coz we have already paid him his fees

any advice greatfully received

thanks

rach
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advice greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by rach_and_doc
we have an agent, although what good he is doing i have no clue, as i am finding more out reading your posts than he has told me
We are hoping to go to Brisbane in July, husband has been accepted on a 2 year course at Moreton TAFE starting 21 August. We have 4 children, and have contacted the schools in the Ferny Grove area and all is good, although the schools say its fine to just go there and register them when we get there, with visa number, passports etc. BUT our agent, says that we have to pay the fees before we can apply for the visa!!! If he had mentioned this a tad earlier, then we could have budgeted for it, but as is now, we will have to sell house and monies from that are to pay the schools.....so this is my dilemma as we stand.
If anyone can advise me on these following q's i'd be really chuffed
1) how long after application does it take to get said visa which in our case is Student visa 572.
2) How soon can you get into australia
3) Who do we pay school fees to??
4) Will kids be able to start school earlier than husband's college course?
5) If we have to sell house earlier than anticipated (which looks to be the only way) will have to deal with change of address etc :scared:

sorry this post is so long, but have just tried to contact Agent, and he isnt available
which is a bit scary coz we have already paid him his fees

any advice greatfully received

thanks

rach
hello rachel and welcome to expats.

firstly im sorry but i cant help you with your question, but secondly you need to post this message in the immigration thread! if you scroll down your page you'll find all the different forums, i'm sure you'll get more help in there!

good luck
debbie
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:31 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: any advice greatly appreciated

Certain categories of overseas students are exempt from the requirement of paying tuition fees for the children that they have enrolled in Queensland Government schools (State schools).

Read this: http://education.qld.gov.au/marketin...ependents.html

Note that the above is for QLD.
NSW, for example, is very different. For example.......
QLD Temp visa holders pay nearly nothing for childrens State schooling
NSW Temp visa holders pay about $4,500 for each childs State schooling