Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:16 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Originally Posted by LouiseR
not the 1st time tonight no-one can understand you.
LMAO

thats rather presumptuous to think it was a post aimed at you...it was for the penguin on the TV

ps

unfortunatly you wont be the only one... but some people will..
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmthor
LMAO

thats rather presumptuous to think it was a post aimed at you...it was for the penguin on the TV

ps

unfortunatly you wont be the only one... but some people will..
You quoted me... So not presumptuous.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:27 pm
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

No i didnt

i bet you alway get the last word..
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:29 pm
Banned

right for me... i had a hoot tonight same time tomorrow?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

No i didnt

i bet you alway get the last word..
You haven't now smart arse...
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:39 pm
Banned

lmao you like that!!!! to be fair i did put the reason for editing was being a smart arse....
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:42 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

I actually like the Americans no realy i do especialy that sarah palin girl
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

lmao you like that!!!! to be fair i did put the reason for editing was being a smart arse....
I know.

Originally Posted by TGA
I actually like the Americans no realy i do especialy that sarah palin girl
Me too. Love some yanks... "some"... Not all
Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BILDER
Case in point.

Right...

With whom did I speak French to? I swore at the man.
Take a gander:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pardon_my_French
sorry ....don't try to be smart with grammar if you don't know how to use it.
"To whom did I speak French" the extra 'to' at the end is quite incorrect.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pomster
sorry ....don't try to be smart with grammar if you don't know how to use it.
"To whom did I speak French" the extra 'to' at the end is quite incorrect.
Don't try to use the internet, if you are unable to read. I did accept that I typed incorrectly.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:09 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
hmmmm wouldnt that be either:

1) With whom did I speak French?
-or-
2) Who did I speak French to?
If you're from an English speaking country, then yes.

But it may be different in the U.S
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Based on the types of responses on this thread, it would be pretty fair to say that the Alabaman redneck is equivalent to an average Australian.
I doubt this is true in real life, but based on the online population it doesn't seem to be far fetched.

EDIT:

Now not only based on the responses on the thread, but also based on a few of the with the PMs I have received

Last edited by BILDER; Jan 20th 2011 at 4:16 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:19 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Based on the types of responses on this thread, it would be pretty fair to say that the Alabaman redneck is equivalent to an average Australian.
I doubt this is true in real life, but based on the online population it doesn't seem to be far fetched.

I had felt some sympathy for you - I don't think a travelling American should be a scapegoat for the U.S government and midwest rednecks.

But, if you don't want to be tarred with the same brush as the worst of your country, then perhaps it would be wise not to tar all Aussies with the same brush as the bogans you encountered

Last edited by Kapri; Jan 20th 2011 at 5:34 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kapri
I had felt some sympathy for you - I don't think a travelling American should be a scapegoat for the awful U.S government and bible bashing, gun toting inbreds of the midwest.

But, if you don't want to be tarred with the same brush as the worst of your country, then perhaps it would be wise not to tar all Aussies with the same brush as the jingoistic bogans you encountered

Well thank you for that! In this post, I am just saying that from many of these responses and 3 disgusting PMs, (a very small statistical sample) x is my conclusion. I also said that I really don't believe this to be the case in real life on the streets, as it were, but based on the online population here on this forum and on this specific thread, I could possibly say so.

On my trip to Australia only a handful of people were rude/ derogatory in any way. The vast majority was kind and ambivalent. I also have come to terms with the concept that a term that carries some heavy racial baggage in the US, may not be appreciated to be so in Australia, and that's ok! They are two different cultures. However One or two of the individuals here posted that equality was not a good thing when introduced to a population. I don't see how that works. Vocabulary may be different in one country or another, but equality shouldn't be. I also don't understand why the concept of freedom is so troublesome.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well thank you for that! In this post, I am just saying that from many of these responses and 3 disgusting PMs, (a very small statistical sample) x is my conclusion. I also said that I really don't believe this to be the case in real life on the streets, as it were, but based on the online population here on this forum and on this specific thread, I could possibly say so.

On my trip to Australia only a handful of people were rude/ derogatory in any way. The vast majority was kind and ambivalent. I also have come to terms with the concept that a term that carries some heavy racial baggage in the US, may not be appreciated to be so in Australia, and that's ok! They are two different cultures. However One or two of the individuals here posted that equality was not a good thing when introduced to a population. I don't see how that works. Vocabulary may be different in one country or another, but equality shouldn't be. I also don't understand why the concept of freedom is so troublesome.
If you have received "disgusting pms" please forward them either to myself or to Sue (Admin). That kind of behaviour is not acceptable on BE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.