Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another one off to Darwin

Wikiposts

Another one off to Darwin

Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another one off to Darwin

After a gruelling interview yesterday, my OH has been given a lateral transfer sponsorship with the oz army. WE had hoped to get Victoria, but beggars it looks like we are off to Darwin.
I would like some info on uni's as im hoping to do a graduate entry nursing course, as it looks like we will be there for 2 years and i might as well get some usefull ozzy qualifications.
Mandy
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another one off to Darwin

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
After a gruelling interview yesterday, my OH has been given a lateral transfer sponsorship with the oz army. WE had hoped to get Victoria, but beggars it looks like we are off to Darwin.
I would like some info on uni's as im hoping to do a graduate entry nursing course, as it looks like we will be there for 2 years and i might as well get some usefull ozzy qualifications.
Mandy
Well firstly congratulations Mandy. Second - you might find Darwin is to your liking. And thirdly, if it isn't, you'll have a foot in the door and can move on once you've on the ground.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:15 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Mandy, thats a Bernese Mountain Dog in our avatar isn't it? Nice dogs, but they might find it a tad warm in Darwin if you're bringing one!

As Hutch said, you'll have your foot in the door, and at least Darwin is close to asia, so you can have lots of nice holidays to Bali, Singapore, etc....
Old Jul 30th 2009, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
Hey Mandy, thats a Bernese Mountain Dog in our avatar isn't it? Nice dogs, but they might find it a tad warm in Darwin if you're bringing one!

As Hutch said, you'll have your foot in the door, and at least Darwin is close to asia, so you can have lots of nice holidays to Bali, Singapore, etc....
No idea what sort of dog it is Johnny, just like the pic lol.

Im taking a springer spaniel so im hoping he will aclimatise to the weather.
Mandy
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Mandy
Charles Darwin University. cdu.edu.au/ehs

Large Army and Air Force bases in Darwin.
Army are doing you a favour, much better here than Victoria. You will wan't to get some sort of accomadation allowance though, otherwise property will be a major expense.
And the climate's not as bad as you might hear, you do get used to it. We had a cold morning today when it got down to about 18C, now a lovely 30C.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Congratulations

I have heard loads of people speak so positively about Darwin, Aussies & Brits alike
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It don't matter hon, you're on your way!!!!!!! TWT really needs to pull her finger out further Really made up for you. Congrats.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 9:41 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Quite fancy Darwin meself. Bit warmer than Cairns.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It don't matter hon, you're on your way!!!!!!! TWT really needs to pull her finger out further Really made up for you. Congrats.
Yep we just need twt to hurry then the old gang will all be in oz.

Ive started doing the reseach on Darwin and im sure we will all be fine.
Ive given my self till the weekend to forget studying as my head is buzzing. But come Monday it will be back to the books to work on my final assignment before my final exam work has to be in by October.

Thank you every one for your kind words it means so much
Mandy
Ps Bix you know you and your pride of lions will be welcome any time at our watering hole
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:36 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!
I'm well chuffed for you Mandy
All good things come to those who wait and you've definately done plenty of that!!!
All the best for the future
J x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 12:10 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

That's fab news Mandy, I'm so so chuffed for you. Bit gutted you're not coming to Vic, but I can live with that - you'll be realising your dream and that's all that matters. You guys deserve all the very best
Old Jul 31st 2009, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

So pleased to hear your news mandy....it's been a bloody up hill struggle hasn't it!

Congratulations x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 4:09 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy
Good news indeed....finally coming over. Well done.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Well done,

Charles Darwin Uni has good reputation for nursing.

Gems
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:53 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

About time!
Well done and enjoy your new life

Julie. x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.