Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another house thread !!!!

Wikiposts

Another house thread !!!!

Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:14 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Another house thread !!!!

Well after 2 months of being "off market" we are now "back on". There has been a major upgrade on our road so couldn't have anybody viewing when diggers, trucks and piles of mud were outside the house (kids loved it though )
We are 10k under our original price but hopefully we'll get an offer soon. So back to the tedium of keeping the house clean and waiting for the phone to ring
Old Jun 16th 2006, 1:01 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Another house thread !!!!

Originally Posted by sme
Well after 2 months of being "off market" we are now "back on". There has been a major upgrade on our road so couldn't have anybody viewing when diggers, trucks and piles of mud were outside the house (kids loved it though )
We are 10k under our original price but hopefully we'll get an offer soon. So back to the tedium of keeping the house clean and waiting for the phone to ring

Good luck Sme (not seen you around in a while). We're putting ours up for sale in Sept, have noticed things have slowed down around my way just now, hopefully will pick up after summer

I am sooooooooo not looking forward to keeping the house clean, i am rubbish at housework. Me and OH had a big argument over it yesterday the fact that i am so rubbish at housework. I absolutely hate it
Old Jun 16th 2006, 3:47 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Good luck Sme (not seen you around in a while). We're putting ours up for sale in Sept, have noticed things have slowed down around my way just now, hopefully will pick up after summer

I am sooooooooo not looking forward to keeping the house clean, i am rubbish at housework. Me and OH had a big argument over it yesterday the fact that i am so rubbish at housework. I absolutely hate it
I had problems with BT so no broadband connection

I'm not a housework type person either, get forced by guilt to do a tidy up on a Sunday morning

Had our first viewing and they seem very keen -so fingers crossed .
Old Jun 16th 2006, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
I had problems with BT so no broadband connection

I'm not a housework type person either, get forced by guilt to do a tidy up on a Sunday morning

Had our first viewing and they seem very keen -so fingers crossed .
Good luck with it. It's got to be the biggest pain in the world.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 3:53 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I am sat here having a quick cuppa and a BE fix while I take a breather from getting the house ready for tomorrow when we have 4 Estate Agents round to value our house

I have done so much painting/packing/tidying and cleaning over the last couple of weeks I can't believe we are still in a mess. Although it is now confined to one room! I cannot believe I have packed nigh on 60 boxes and put them in storage and the place still looks full

I am already hating having the house on the market cos of housework, I am NOT cut out for it, n ot when there are SO many more interesting things to do during the day

Shirley x
Old Jun 16th 2006, 3:53 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Good luck
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:00 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by ub40fan
there are SO many more interesting things to do during the day

Shirley x

Like watching paint dry

Good luck with the selling (where has Ali Campbell gone to ?)
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:01 am
sme
......in the sand !

Originally Posted by Issie
Good luck
Thank you

and thank you too WendyC
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:09 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Like watching paint dry

Good luck with the selling (where has Ali Campbell gone to ?)

He's stuffed in my wardrobe (I wish) I had to replace him cos it lead to some people think I was a fella

Good luck to you too, never sold a house before so it is going to be a steep learning curve for us I think!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:48 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WendyC
Good luck with it. It's got to be the biggest pain in the world.
how's your house sale going Wendy? have you exchanged yet? the last i heard was that you had, had a few problems with the surveyors report. hope everything has sorted its self out.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparks124
how's your house sale going Wendy? have you exchanged yet? the last i heard was that you had, had a few problems with the surveyors report. hope everything has sorted its self out.
Yep, everythings going well at the minute. We are going to sign all the paperwork on Monday and should complete on the 30th June.

We fly out to Adelaide on the 5th July :scared:

Hows it going for you guys ??
Old Jun 16th 2006, 7:57 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Yep, everythings going well at the minute. We are going to sign all the paperwork on Monday and should complete on the 30th June.

We fly out to Adelaide on the 5th July :scared:

Hows it going for you guys ??
we've signed and are waiting to hear from the first in the chain (three in total) after he was the one putting on the pressure to get our buyer out so he could get in hope to exchange in 7-10 days with completion in about 5 weeks. just keeping the fingers crossed at the moment tho.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

we've signed and are waiting to hear from the first in the chain (three in total) after he was the one putting on the pressure to get our buyer out so he could get in hope to exchange in 7-10 days with completion in about 5 weeks. just keeping the fingers crossed at the moment tho.

Yep, know that feeling.

if ours goes tits up now, I have no idea what we'll do ! :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:02 am
s**t rolls down hill

Yep, know that feeling.

if ours goes tits up now, I have no idea what we'll do ! :scared:
have you booked flights etc yet???
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

have you booked flights etc yet???
Yes :scared:

flights booked for 5th July, accomodation booked from 7th July for two weeks :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.