Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Another 'bloody' awful thread - women only please!

Another 'bloody' awful thread - women only please!

Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:33 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another 'bloody' awful thread - women only please!

Ok ladies, I'm hoping you're gonna be able to help me out with this one! I am having major problems finding applicator tampons in boxes bigger than ten!? The ones I have seen have been Tampax ones, but the rest are all non-applicator!? The ones I brought over from the UK are running low, so could someone PLEASE point me in the right direction other than a hysterectomy?!

Now blokes, I did warn u that this would be one of 'those' threads didn't I?! Now off you go and talk about sitting on the loo backwards...this threads for ladies only, AHEM! lol
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:45 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another 'bloody' awful thread - women only please!

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Ok ladies, I'm hoping you're gonna be able to help me out with this one! I am having major problems finding applicator tampons in boxes bigger than ten!? The ones I have seen have been Tampax ones, but the rest are all non-applicator!? The ones I brought over from the UK are running low, so could someone PLEASE point me in the right direction other than a hysterectomy?!

Now blokes, I did warn u that this would be one of 'those' threads didn't I?! Now off you go and talk about sitting on the loo backwards...this threads for ladies only, AHEM! lol
I do miss my 'Lil-lets' tampons Instead I get those Carefree ones that look like they are wearing a nuns veil or something - they are actually not too bad but I do the old 'lils'.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:47 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I do miss my 'Lil-lets' tampons Instead I get those Carefree ones that look like they are wearing a nuns veil or something - they are actually not too bad but I do the old 'lils'.
I can't use the non-applicator ones...I never get them up 'far enough' lol
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help, can't use applicator ones. However they don't tend to do big boxes of any of them although the one's I like do now but they're non applicator. I wait until they put them on special and clear the shelves
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:54 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried somewhere like Costco? They sell everything in humungous boxes!

I've had the same box of tampons for about 4 years..doc changed me on to a different pill and now I have no need for them anymore. Woohoo!!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedT
Have you tried somewhere like Costco? They sell everything in humungous boxes!

I've had the same box of tampons for about 4 years..doc changed me on to a different pill and now I have no need for them anymore. Woohoo!!
Nothing like Costco out in the sticks where she is
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:03 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Nothing like Costco out in the sticks where she is
Oi cheeky, I ain't in the sticks lol
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:08 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

For night time I do like things with 'wings' - as I still get a bit worried about that toxic shock syndrome so the thought of 8 hours with a tampon in is horrible.

My friend from the UK brought some sanitary towels without wings, we were in Freo and she used the toilet and as she sat down, she realised her sanitary towel had gone.

We re-traced our steps and figured it must have slipped down her trouser leg and narrowed it down to Target and The Dome in Freo, so if anyone found a non winged towel, my friend is sorry.

Wings are the way to go for night times and I am getting used to my tampons that look like a nun in her habit.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:14 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

For night time I do like things with 'wings' - as I still get a bit worried about that toxic shock syndrome so the thought of 8 hours with a tampon in is horrible.

My friend from the UK brought some sanitary towels without wings, we were in Freo and she used the toilet and as she sat down, she realised her sanitary towel had gone.

We re-traced our steps and figured it must have slipped down her trouser leg and narrowed it down to Target and The Dome in Freo, so if anyone found a non winged towel, my friend is sorry.

Wings are the way to go for night times and I am getting used to my tampons that look like a nun in her habit.
OH MY HOLD GOOD GOD! I remember at school using 'Doctor Whites' and when the teacher asked you to bring a note to another teacher or something, I'd walk down the corridor on my own and all you'd hear was SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK LOL It was also very obvious when I had my period in the first few years, as the towels were so big I'd wear my dungarees all week lol lol lol
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Oi cheeky, I ain't in the sticks lol
You ain't got anything like Costco either though have you?
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:19 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You ain't got anything like Costco either though have you?
I just googled, I think there's only one costco in the whole of Oz, in Victoria, isn't there? Ones coming to Qld though.... If it's anything like Makro in the UK, it'll probably be over-rated anyways....
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:20 am

I remember those sanitary belts - a girl at school had one, it was like a bloody horses harness and you could see her all 'padded' out when she wore her trackie bottoms.

My Mum used to heavily bribe me to go to the shops and ger her some 'Dr Whites no:2' or whatever they were called and the brown paper bag to put them in was never quite big enough and I would walk home with a small 'fanny mattress' under my arm trying to disguise the package while sucking on my lollipop that was well earned for that trip.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:27 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I remember those sanitary belts - a girl at school had one, it was like a bloody horses harness and you could see her all 'padded' out when she wore her trackie bottoms.

My Mum used to heavily bribe me to go to the shops and ger her some 'Dr Whites no:2' or whatever they were called and the brown paper bag to put them in was never quite big enough and I would walk home with a small 'fanny mattress' under my arm trying to disguise the package while sucking on my lollipop that was well earned for that trip.
HAHA YOUR POSTS ALWAYS MAKE ME GIGGLE CHICK! Thanku lololol
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:41 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO I have not laughed like this in ages!!!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:46 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
LMAO I have not laughed like this in ages!!!
I hope it's not a PMSL kinda laugh, or you'll need more than tampax, TENA LADY FOR ONE! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.